Pages: 1 ... 1594 1595 1596 [1597] 1598 1599 1600 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5090961 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23940 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 13:42:14 »

I'm on call. And I shouldn't have to!

Thank you batch.

They were about 6 maybe? Not toddlers. I'm hardly going to have a go at a 6 month old for crying!

You were on call, what does someone shout you? Cannot you just take your blower into the vestibule and answer it if it rings?

Should just do what they do up here with such kids http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/picture-man-armlock-train-northern-11656983
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23941 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 13:45:25 »

It's bad enough when on a train but, in my book, worse when it's going on in a pub.

There are exceptions, though.  I travelled back to Swindon by train from a day at the Cheltenham Cricket Festival a couple of weeks ago and a woman with two children (about 8 and 6) came and sat near me in what was otherwise an almost empty carriage.  Even though they were excited about going to London to see relatives, they were extremely well-behaved and even struck up a polite conversation with me.  Fair play!

I am not sure what this new fascination is with taking kids to pubs, I don't think I set foot in a pub until I was around 10, to be honest we avoid taking our little lass as she gets bored rigid and I cannot blame her, even a cocktail doesn't liven her up, bloody killjoy!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23942 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 13:45:59 »

Had my first professional interaction with the planning department at Swindon Council, god they are rude and unhelpful!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23943 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 14:00:50 »

I am not sure what this new fascination is with taking kids to pubs, I don't think I set foot in a pub until I was around 10, to be honest we avoid taking our little lass as she gets bored rigid and I cannot blame her, even a cocktail doesn't liven her up, bloody killjoy!

I don't think it's a new thing.. I was given my first ever doll by the old landlady of the Oxford!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23944 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 14:56:42 »

It's bad enough when on a train but, in my book, worse when it's going on in a pub.

There are exceptions, though.  I travelled back to Swindon by train from a day at the Cheltenham Cricket Festival a couple of weeks ago and a woman with two children (about 8 and 6) came and sat near me in what was otherwise an almost empty carriage.  Even though they were excited about going to London to see relatives, they were extremely well-behaved and even struck up a polite conversation with me.  Fair play!

To be honest with you, I generally don't have problems with rowdy/misbehaving kids on trains in an d around London, they are certainly in the minority and are generally happy enough looking out the window as the world flies past.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23945 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 14:59:53 »

Why does my Iphone try and change perfectly acceptable four letter words to an alternative. For example the other day I was trying to write the word 'food' and for no reason it kept changing to 'good' I could understand if it was trying to change 'doof' or some other nonsense word but not a properly spelled word.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23946 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 15:11:32 »

I couldn't ducking agree more
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23947 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 15:14:19 »

I couldn't ducking agree more

Ha! Indeed.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23948 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 17:17:57 »

Why does my Iphone try and change perfectly acceptable four letter words to an alternative. For example the other day I was trying to write the word 'food' and for no reason it kept changing to 'good' I could understand if it was trying to change 'doof' or some other nonsense word but not a properly spelled word.

I just dont get why people buy iphones, pile of shit, no battery life, no extendable storage, screen breaks if you fart near one, etc etc. Modern day snake oil..
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23949 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 17:35:30 »

I just dont get why people buy iphones, pile of shit, no battery life, no extendable storage, screen breaks if you fart near one, etc etc. Modern day snake oil..

I've had iphones for about 6 years or so now (at a guess) and i've never had a broken screen. I like them, they do exactly what i need (apart from try and change my words!)

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23950 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 17:49:47 »

Only had one and agreed the battery life was dreadful, although the Samsungs I have had since all seem to have a battery that goes to shit after 18 months!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23951 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 18:26:26 »

Form over function, integration into other Apple products and a controlled app/OS store that means better app compatibility over Androids fragmented market.

Not for me mind. It pisses the guy who sits next to me off that my £99 Android phone does just what his i-phone does (fingerprint scanner aside) - but costs 1/6th the price..

More people are starting to agree.  Guess that's why Android is generally the market leader in new sales (Japan excluded)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23952 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 20:43:08 »

Going into 5 pubs in Tenby and none sell any local brewery ale. All commercial standard stuff.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23953 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 20:53:35 »

Going into 5 pubs in Tenby and none sell any local brewery ale. All commercial standard stuff.

Try here https://whatpub.com/pubs/PEM/250/buccaneer-inn-tenby The pub doesn't look great but it is attached to the Tenby Harbour Brewery and carries four of their ales - you can also eat and drink in the brewery side which shares the beer garden. Went there Tuesday.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23954 on: Friday, August 5, 2016, 21:21:00 »

Bit late now, but did pass that pub. Too busy. It's just disappointing that local pubs do not serve local ales. All brewed within half a mile

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 1594 1595 1596 [1597] 1598 1599 1600 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: