Pages: 1 ... 1593 1594 1595 [1596] 1597 1598 1599 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5090310 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #23925 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 10:42:12 »

eye infections..im currently 75% blind in one eye. Its like im walking around with no lense in my glasses.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23926 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 11:10:06 »

Oh 70 mins is nowt for A&E, the RLI has been advising people not to attend A&E unless in severe emergencies. From personal recent experience arrive in an ambulance and you are seen very quickly, take an unwell toddler in and it can take hours!

They left me in a corridor for 2 hours last time I went in via ambulance. The paramedic with me was trying to cheer me up to be fair to him, unfortunately he did so by mentioning the Euros (assuming I was Welsh, because ARGHH doesn't come across in an English accent I guess.)

Also: children on trains. Just spent an hour listening to them screaming and jumping between the seats. Try some parenting for gods sake..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #23927 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 11:12:25 »

They left me in a corridor for 2 hours last time I went in via ambulance. The paramedic with me was trying to cheer me up to be fair to him, unfortunately he did so by mentioning the Euros (assuming I was Welsh, because ARGHH doesn't come across in an English accent I guess.)

Also: children on trains. Just spent an hour listening to them screaming and jumping between the seats. Try some parenting for gods sake..

This is not a dig, but you don't have children do you?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23928 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 11:14:05 »

No chance with a comment as naive as that
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23929 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 11:16:02 »

This is not a dig, but you don't have children do you?

No. I appreciate it can be difficult keeping them occupied or still on a long journey. But when they're running up and down the aisles, screaming and kicking the back of seats I'd expect a parent to at least say something like "stop doing that" or "keep your voice down" or something. Just letting them get on with it isn't what I'd call good parenting.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23930 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 11:18:31 »

No chance with a comment as naive as that

It's naive to expect a parent not to just let their kids do whatever they want to the detriment of other people? Ok then.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23931 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 11:22:30 »

It's naive to expect a parent not to just let their kids do whatever they want to the detriment of other people? Ok then.

Unfortunately these days many people don't get the idea of expecting their kids to behave in a civilised way when out and about in public....the idea that there are different ways of behaving in different contexts seems beyond them.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23932 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 11:52:01 »

Why didn't you go to the quiet carriage?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23933 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 12:12:13 »

Depends on the age of the kids too really. If they're old enough to know better....

That being said, we've all had a jolly on the train to and from football etc which I can imagine is far worse for other passengers than a few excitable kids Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23934 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 12:29:27 »

No. I appreciate it can be difficult keeping them occupied or still on a long journey. But when they're running up and down the aisles, screaming and kicking the back of seats I'd expect a parent to at least say something like "stop doing that" or "keep your voice down" or something. Just letting them get on with it isn't what I'd call good parenting.

Not an unreasonable expectation.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23935 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 12:42:41 »

Why didn't you go to the quiet carriage?

I'm on call. And I shouldn't have to!

Thank you batch.

They were about 6 maybe? Not toddlers. I'm hardly going to have a go at a 6 month old for crying!

« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 12:52:49 by Ells » Logged

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23936 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 12:59:11 »

I'm on call. And I shouldn't have to!

Thank you batch.

They were about 6 maybe? Not toddlers. I'm hardly going to have a go at a 6 month old for crying!

FWIW I do agree with you Ells, I don't think what you are saying is unreasonable. I'm sure we've all been in situations where the kids are running around basically doing what they want because the parents can't be arsed to control them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23937 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 13:08:44 »

FWIW I do agree with you Ells, I don't think what you are saying is unreasonable. I'm sure we've all been in situations where the kids are running around basically doing what they want because the parents can't be arsed to control them.

Kids in pubs are the same. My parents used to take me to quite a few when I was little but they'd always make sure I had something to keep me occupied, numerous colouring books and pens etc. In my local now they just have to twiddle their thumbs while their parents get pissed, hence them running around and being a massive nuisance.

It's the parents I get annoyed with, the kids are just being kids!

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23938 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 13:10:45 »

Some parents are worse than the kids.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #23939 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 13:11:27 »

It's bad enough when on a train but, in my book, worse when it's going on in a pub.

There are exceptions, though.  I travelled back to Swindon by train from a day at the Cheltenham Cricket Festival a couple of weeks ago and a woman with two children (about 8 and 6) came and sat near me in what was otherwise an almost empty carriage.  Even though they were excited about going to London to see relatives, they were extremely well-behaved and even struck up a polite conversation with me.  Fair play!
Pages: 1 ... 1593 1594 1595 [1596] 1597 1598 1599 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: