Pages: 1 ... 1575 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 1581 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5089139 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #23655 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 04:23:47 »

The intervening years may not have been kind to her...
Judging by how he looks now they've been absolutely terrible for Sutton.......

It's All Good..............
adje

Ignore
« Reply #23656 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 06:06:14 »

Would you look back on yourself at 20 ish and want what you wanted then on your body now though?

no.in those days only convicts and sailors had tattoos!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23657 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 06:53:09 »

Judging by how he looks now they've been absolutely terrible for Sutton.......

Cheers Brad..
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23658 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 08:26:35 »

Tattoos are like votes for most people. You act on a whim and don't think much about the consequences.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #23659 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 09:39:29 »

Frog, I think you mean they're deeply personal and no prick should feel free to denigrate someone's choices, or the need to preach about them? Smiley

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23660 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 12:32:37 »

Frog, I think you mean they're deeply personal and no prick should feel free to denigrate someone's choices, or the need to preach about them? Smiley

Indeed re tattoos. So not at all like votes then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus

Ignore
« Reply #23661 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 13:39:36 »

South marston esso garage.

Diesel pump fired out air instead of fuel but was totting up on the display as litres of fuel. I stopped quickly and When I pointed out the fault I was more or less made to look like a con artist(rude woman telling me it still puts out fuel) Once I had proved it by them using a bucket and nothing coming out from the pump except gas I was rudely told to use another pump which then gave me 44 pence of diesel before shutting off. Rude staff and dodgy pumps. Avoid !
Gethimout

« Reply #23662 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 16:12:36 »

South marston esso garage.

Diesel pump fired out air instead of fuel but was totting up on the display as litres of fuel. I stopped quickly and When I pointed out the fault I was more or less made to look like a con artist(rude woman telling me it still puts out fuel) Once I had proved it by them using a bucket and nothing coming out from the pump except gas I was rudely told to use another pump which then gave me 44 pence of diesel before shutting off. Rude staff and dodgy pumps. Avoid !

I've often wondered if some pumps do this. There really is no way to prove it apart from doing what you did
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #23663 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 16:54:26 »

Getting a tidy sum in mis sold PPI compensation  Smiley

Then seeing it reduced to not such a tidy sum after the claim company got their share  Sad

Still, shouldn't complain as probably wouldn't even have claimed if they hadn't called in the first place.

If there is anyone out there who thinks that they might have a case for a claim then best bet is probably to do it yourself and don't go through third party.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23664 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 18:11:28 »

Then seeing it reduced to not such a tidy sum after the claim company got their share  Sad

Still, shouldn't complain as probably wouldn't even have claimed if they hadn't called in the first place.

If there is anyone out there who thinks that they might have a case for a claim then best bet is probably to do it yourself and don't go through third party.

Did it a few years ago as was certain we had it on one loan - HSBC - they ended up responding and advising we had it on three other products over the years and paid out on all.  Didn't lose a penny and all it took was a form to be filled in.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23665 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 18:36:23 »

Did you get the form from the bank? I've be with them since around 1984, and can remember them really screwing me over a couple of loans back then.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23666 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 18:39:34 »

We filled in a form fro the bank but we used moneysavingexpert.com to help fill it in (guides on what to include in the details of your claim etc. - basically HSBC were one of the ones who'd suggest you get a better rate or you wouldn't get the credit without taking the PPI).
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23667 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 18:43:00 »

Did you get anything back though?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23668 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 18:53:35 »

Did you get the form from the bank? I've be with them since around 1984, and can remember them really screwing me over a couple of loans back then.
most banks have them online, e.g.

https://www.lloydsbank.com/payment-protection-insurance-complaints.asp

didn't get anything back from capital one cc, didn't expect to really but couldn't remember the wording they used for PPI.  but they sent back a photocopy showing it said 'optional, blah blah'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23669 on: Friday, July 1, 2016, 18:57:23 »

Liking the avatar WB! Accidentally let my playlist drift over into "Best before" in the car the other day, didn't think anything of it until my youngest piped up from the back "Dad I think he just said bunch of c**ts, that's not right is it Dad?" Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 1575 1576 1577 [1578] 1579 1580 1581 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: