Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 1444 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5090096 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21600 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 12:02:43 »

He was overtaking someone on the inside lane.

I think the editing of the video really doesn't help, he comes up behind the bloke in the middle flashing and blowing horns and overtakes, I assume the second overtake and collision is later on as the car is in the inside lane then?
Panda Paws

« Reply #21601 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 12:09:27 »

He was overtaking someone on the inside lane.

Right, so the knob going slow was in the inside lane all along? Presumed he was in the middle lane.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #21602 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 12:12:41 »

This is how I interpret it:

'Middle lane driver pottering along slowly, lorry in middle lane overtaking slower vehicle. Middle lane driver doesn't move to inside lane where he can and should. Lorry has to move to outside lane to overtake, but shouldn't. He does this as it's better than slamming on brakes'.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #21603 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 12:32:43 »

You know what, the misses is always moaning at me for not doing my ear and nostril hair. You got a link to it?

Smiley

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00S3G3BZY?colid=3FYH4NAYO8NHD&coliid=I2W543HG15ZNB1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21604 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 12:41:22 »

This is how I interpret it:

'Middle lane driver pottering along slowly, lorry in middle lane overtaking slower vehicle. Middle lane driver doesn't move to inside lane where he can and should. Lorry has to move to outside lane to overtake, but shouldn't. He does this as it's better than slamming on brakes'.

But this is it, we have no idea what was in front of the car in the middle lane, or in the inside lane on the first clip?
Barry Scott

« Reply #21605 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 13:12:13 »

Much like the lorries that drive two abreast down dual carriageways for miles as they crawl past one another on the limiter then really.

Perfectly acceptable in my opinion. They drive for a living and spend all day on the roads. A couple of minutes of going slow while a truck overtakes is hardly a hardship.

But this is it, we have no idea what was in front of the car in the middle lane, or in the inside lane on the first clip?

It's all the same clip, one from the rear, then from the front. He's driving in the middle lane with an empty inside lane. The car driver had long since passed the truck in the inside lane (this truck has just been overtaken by the truck now up his arse) as is clearly shown in the clip. He therefore needs to move in as the truck up his arse also needs to overtake him and he's blocking his only legal route.

I don't drive trucks, but people have so little consideration for them and their need to maintain momentum. I've always understood that for trucks, braking and then subsequently accelerating is a bit of a pain with their million gears and huge weight, so why the fuck can't a little poxy car be driven with consideration.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21606 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 13:38:07 »

That old argument, it works both way and "driving for a living" doesn't always mean "better driver" - plenty of lorry drivers forget that pulling out on a car approach at a closing speed of +20Mph up a hill isn't very much fun for the car driver.  I say forget, more likely don't give a shit.

And as Arriba says, there is no excuse for the slower lorry not to lift a bit to let a faster one past. So a multi mile drag race isn't really necessary. It'll probably only cost them 10-20 seconds.

However in the clip the car driver is an arse, and the lorry driver is an extremely dangerous arse.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #21607 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 13:59:10 »

Fuck driving. There are too many shitty drivers around and it properly riles me up. Coming through wilton the other day I was forced to emergency stop because a van pulled out round a parked up transit, and then the fucker in a Nissan navara pickup behind him pulled out through the gap as well just as I was starting to pull off. I give him the old two fingered salute and he pulls up next to me, rolls down his window and shouts 'What's your problem mate?' At me.

You. People like you who think they own the fucking road and have no awareness of space or sharing it with others.

(Yes I did drive off without doing anything because I am not stupid)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #21608 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 14:26:37 »

Im going to say this again as it drives me insane.  On wanker drivers, there is a shop on a roundabout around the corner from me.  People routinely park on double yellow lines on the roundabout to go into the shop.

There is a bay for parking 20 foot on but that would mean they were into a one way system and have a small diversion. 

So instead they park on this roundabout, pay no attention to cars driving onto the roundabout as they then do a U turn to get back on the road.  Both me and the missus have had someone pull out practically into us.  Last time I had a lovely chat with the bloke who wound down his window to have a go.  Pointing out quite forcefully that 'YOU ARE PARKING ON DOuBLE YELLOW LINES ON A ROUNDABOUT YOU CUNT'

Not that I ever let myself get tetchy when driving.

Never knowingly overstated.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #21609 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 14:50:12 »

It seems Mr Stockdale needs a few lessons in driving.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/video-road-safety-campaigner-films-near-miss-on-northamptonshire-roundabout-1-6264093

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21610 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 18:25:27 »

'I'm 20 and I own a £250,000 four-bed house'

Well done. You've also saddled yourself with a £187,500 mortgage and owe £50,000 to the government. At least you've got a few spare rooms to rent out if the shit hits the fan.

This isn't a news story, it's just a public display of an ability to accumulate debt.
Barry Scott

« Reply #21611 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 19:35:26 »

Absolutely. He's clearly a fucking idiot.

And here's the original video in full. Such a bellend.

Flashheart

« Reply #21612 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 19:44:01 »

They're both utter cock-wombles.

Synopsis over. You're welcome.

Ignore
« Reply #21613 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 20:07:10 »

Just seen that can vid.
Car driver should be procecuted for middle lane hogging as he's provided the evidence himself the twat.

Lorry driver cannot be excused though as he's gone into the third lane and tried to force the car over.
The car driver caused it and I'd say was the worse of the two quite easily but you can't drive a truck like that.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #21614 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 20:36:36 »

Just seen that can vid.
Car driver should be procecuted for middle lane hogging as he's provided the evidence himself the twat.

Lorry driver cannot be excused though as he's gone into the third lane and tried to force the car over.
The car driver caused it and I'd say was the worse of the two quite easily but you can't drive a truck like that.

Where is the like button, both of them need a slap
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 1444 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: