Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 1397 [1398] 1399 1400 1401 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5048895 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #20955 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 08:52:36 »

The internet.

So much is reliant on it nowadays.

Had staff saying they can't teach as the internet went down. All of 10 minutes I might add.

Gone are the days of blackboards and books.

Any decent teacher would have a back up and not be so reliant on technology.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #20956 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 09:45:45 »

The internet.

Had staff saying they can't teach as the internet went down. All of 10 minutes I might add.

Count your blessings.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #20957 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 18:35:51 »

The internet.

You should provide better redundancy with a secondary internet connection. Problem solved for all.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #20958 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 18:40:51 »

The internet.

The same in my work. If for whatever reason emails are down there's uproar with people moaning they can't contact clients. Whats wrong with picking up the phone and calling them?
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #20959 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 19:00:14 »

I thought i'd return to work on Monday, the doctor had other ideas. Another FOUR fucking weeks! Jesus Christ is there no end to this groundhog day nightmare.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 19:20:24 by Red and Proud » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #20960 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 19:01:30 »

You should provide better redundancy with a secondary internet connection. Problem solved for all.

We have, but if our ISP issues that line is pretty useless.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
SuperBosnian

« Reply #20961 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 19:34:15 »

My day, it's in the don't understand category.

Woke up at 5.30am for an interview at Teddington TV Studios, aced it. On my way back home I get a call from an employer inviting me for a 2nd stage interview. Why is this unusual? Well I had left the first stage interview on Tuesday because they had me waiting 2 hours past my interview time, I'd had enough and left (but not before giving a quickfire presentation to the PA and telling her to personally hand in my CV and presentation notes to the right people). Some American bigwig from the company calls me up in the evening and says he loved the balls I showed to do that, and invites me for a 2nd stage interview on Monday morning, 3 days before the rest of the 2nd stage interviews. I have another interview tomorrow and the way things have been going I'm hoping for 3 job offers on Monday afternoon.

At this point I'm feeling on top of the world but then it all goes downhill, I get home to find the dog has pissed all over my designer trainers, ok I say to myself, perfect days don't happen. Then I go off to the supermarket to buy some food and on my way back I see someone's cat get run over on my road. It's in a pretty bad way so I ring the RSPCA, a crowd starts to gather at the bottom of the road, and 45 minutes later the RSPCA bloke turns up and takes it away.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #20962 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 19:38:59 »

The internet.

To be fair if you have planned a whole lesson around say, a short film clip or something it can be a right pain in the ass
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20963 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 19:57:44 »

To be fair if you have planned a whole lesson around say, a short film clip or something it can be a right pain in the ass

I would have thought an ability to think on one's feet and improvise would be a key skill in the tool box of any pedagogue
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #20964 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 20:02:49 »

But a good teacher wouldn't rely on technology. Yes times have changed, but they should always have a backup.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20965 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 20:08:32 »

The same in my work. If for whatever reason emails are down there's uproar with people moaning they can't contact clients. Whats wrong with picking up the phone and calling them?

Everyone is on Voip, so both are down. Its utter madness doing everything online. I keep £300 quid in a box for when it all goes down. I'll be king of Surrey Wink
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #20966 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 21:05:33 »

But a good teacher wouldn't rely on technology. Yes times have changed, but they should always have a backup.

Yep, pretty ready to download the clips you need. Either that or think on your feet.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #20967 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 21:15:34 »

Exciting times as a kid seeing this wheeled in to class.

I remember one history lesson where we watched Blackadder for an hour, brilliant.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #20968 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 21:27:32 »

Yeah we used to watch quite a bit of Blackadder in history at school. I also remember watching Dogtanian on one of them but that was primary school
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #20969 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 21:44:40 »

We had a brilliantly mental science teacher at Kingsdown called Mr Edmundson, chemistry teacher who was colourblind... had a purple Skoda Favorit. Had tin foil on his lab windows so the aliens couldn't read his mind. Made you wear one of his 70s-era kipper ties if you'd forgotten yours. Likewise your labcoat, you'd end up in one of his. He had a brilliant habit of falling asleep when he put a video on, we once lasted nearly the whole lesson of doing fuck all, until some other kid set fire to a gas tap. That woke him up...

Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 1397 [1398] 1399 1400 1401 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: