Pages: 1 ... 1362 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 1368 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5092800 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #20460 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 11:18:00 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but apart from redesigning the traffic flow around Bruce St Bridges, I was under the impression Thames Water were supposed to engineer out the flooding problem directly under the bridge.

One day of rain yesterday and there's a fucking great puddle exactly where it used to be before the works started.

Useless fuckers!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20461 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 12:05:02 »

I assume the flood work isn't complete. There may be one or two (hundred) questions on things if it is.

Still can't for the life of me see how the system will improve things, or how its taken so long to do what they've done so far.

But I'm sure they know what they're doing.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #20462 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 12:31:35 »

The new road layout is coming along OK, but I think the Thames Water works were done at the outset.

The entire caboodle is supposed to be completed next month.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20463 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 12:43:06 »

The new road layout is coming along OK, but I think the Thames Water works were done at the outset.

The entire caboodle is supposed to be completed next month.

ha ha. last I heard it was 6 months behind and now due for completion in March 2016. Hope this was wrong.

Did find an article saying the drainage pipes went in November, but that doesn't mean its all complete I suppose.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 24, 2015, 12:45:15 by Batch » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #20464 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 13:08:22 »

I'm sure there were a few brown envelopes involved in that clusterfuck.

It'd be interesting to find out exactly how much it costs, once it's complete, because our stupid council isn't shy about throwing money (which they supposedly don't have) at projects nobody apart from them (and the enriched developers) understands.

Barry Scott

« Reply #20465 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 13:11:24 »

And on a related note, what/who makes Mannington roundabout lights go on and off?

They seem to be on and off at seemingly random times of late and they're clearly a fucking massive pain in the bollocks outside of rush-hour. (I'm sure they are also massive pain within rush-hour as well, but I steer clear at that time of day.)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #20466 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 20:02:41 »

ha ha. last I heard it was 6 months behind and now due for completion in March 2016. Hope this was wrong.

Did find an article saying the drainage pipes went in November, but that doesn't mean its all complete I suppose.
But don"t them there granite sets look nice.
Cant wait til the traffic lights on the new entrance to Hawksworth go live,no way that will have traffic queing back onto the roundabout.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #20467 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 21:21:42 »

And on a related note, what/who makes Mannington roundabout lights go on and off?

They seem to be on and off at seemingly random times of late and they're clearly a fucking massive pain in the bollocks outside of rush-hour. (I'm sure they are also massive pain within rush-hour as well, but I steer clear at that time of day.)

They will be monitored and some doofus will have the power somewhere.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20468 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 21:22:26 »

To be fair, and that's not something I'd use often with these things, the ability to turn the lights off and on is useful.  The traffic flow when left at rush hour blocks off anyone coming from Great Western Way westbound, which is why traffic lights were added.  They get turned off when the flow reduces to turn it back into a normal roundabout.  It's what should happen on most roundabouts and junctions outside of peak flow.
Barry Scott

« Reply #20469 on: Monday, August 24, 2015, 21:26:44 »

To be fair, and that's not something I'd use often with these things, the ability to turn the lights off and on is useful.  The traffic flow when left at rush hour blocks off anyone coming from Great Western Way westbound, which is why traffic lights were added.  They get turned off when the flow reduces to turn it back into a normal roundabout.  It's what should happen on most roundabouts and junctions outside of peak flow.

Don't get me wrong, part-time lights are an absolute necessity. But, and this is what gets me, sometimes they can be on and they're clearly causing more harm than good. There was a day last week when they were on at 11am and it was clearly causing the traffic problems. I also recall them being on at about 14:00 with similar issues.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #20470 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 08:24:37 »

it's only a mild gripe and somewhat trivial, but the STFC online shop is rather poor. Living abroad I wouldn't mind ordering the odd thing or two, but the selection is very poor and very rarely updated.

I come from a land down-under
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #20471 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 18:16:42 »

Trying to get the baby to sleep and just as he's dropping off one of the cats comes in screeching at the top of her voice!!  Bad Mood
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #20472 on: Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 19:55:56 »

Don't get me wrong, part-time lights are an absolute necessity. But, and this is what gets me, sometimes they can be on and they're clearly causing more harm than good. There was a day last week when they were on at 11am and it was clearly causing the traffic problems. I also recall them being on at about 14:00 with similar issues.
Why are the lights on J15/16 left on 24/7 ?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20473 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 08:16:31 »

Suddenly with no warning developing Epilepsy at 40 years of age.
DRS

« Reply #20474 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 08:31:07 »

Sorry to hear that Horlock. Must say i am suprised you didn't get a warning though. A letter or even a email. Have you checked your spam folder
Pages: 1 ... 1362 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 1368 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: