Pages: 1 ... 1348 1349 1350 [1351] 1352 1353 1354 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5084856 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #20250 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 22:48:17 »

I think I may be lactose intolerant Sad

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
EldeneRed

« Reply #20251 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 23:20:29 »

I bet that was a fun discovery.
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #20252 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 23:33:21 »

I bet that was a fun discovery.

To be honest, its taken me the best part of 30 years to work it out, but only today have I joined up the dots. Assumed it was just cheese before (can only stomach mild cheddar) but clear to me now its more than that.

But yes, I'm only awake now due to stomach cramps.

EldeneRed

« Reply #20253 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 01:57:04 »

To be honest, its taken me the best part of 30 years to work it out, but only today have I joined up the dots. Assumed it was just cheese before (can only stomach mild cheddar) but clear to me now its more than that.

But yes, I'm only awake now due to stomach cramps.

Yeah, it's not the best of food intolerances to have.

At least you'll know if you start feeling generally better after cutting the dairy completely!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20254 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 04:48:51 »

First world problems...

It's All Good..............
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #20255 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 06:58:49 »

ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #20256 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 07:41:41 »

First world problems...

Is that not the entire point of this thread? My highly-evolved good man?

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20257 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 08:40:45 »

Tom Hayes...disgraced City boy, criminal, QPR fan and, now, inmate.  And a scapegoat.

Guardian: Former City Trader Tom Hayes Convicted of LIBOR Rigging

I don't doubt for one second that he is guilty and that he deserves to do time inside.  But no way was he acting alone.  If the establishment gives itself a big pat on the back for putting someone away, it will be a travesty.  This dealer earned a lot of ££ but was, nevertheless, relatively junior.  Many, many more convictions are now needed.  And they need to go after the bosses.  Tom Hayes is the tip of the iceberg...nothing more.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20258 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 09:05:11 »

Tom Hayes...disgraced City boy, criminal, QPR fan and, now, inmate.  And a scapegoat.

I don't doubt for one second that he is guilty and that he deserves to do time inside.  But no way was he acting alone.  If the establishment gives itself a big pat on the back for putting someone away, it will be a travesty.  This dealer earned a lot of ££ but was, nevertheless, relatively junior.  Many, many more convictions are now needed.  And they need to go after the bosses.  Tom Hayes is the tip of the iceberg...nothing more.

You're entering some very dodgy territory here.....us plebs finding out just how big the iceberg is wouldn't do now would it?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20259 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 09:18:17 »

When you consider what sentences are often dished out for murder rape etc, 14 years seemed a little long....but it is putting a banker away, so one must be seen to be punishing the no.1 bogeymen of the present generation!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20260 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 09:23:20 »

When you consider what sentences are often dished out for murder rape etc, 14 years seemed a little long....but it is putting a banker away, so one must be seen to be punishing the no.1 bogeymen of the present generation!

Financial crime - and especially financial crime on this scale - is not victimless, even though the consequences of it do not seem as immediate as (for example) physical assault etc.

Tom Hayes fraudulently appropriated tens of £millions for himself and his employers, and that money had to come from somewhere.  Mainly, it came from the pension funds that you, I and just about everyone else pays in to.  In other words, he stole from you, your kids, your friends and your colleagues.  Fourteen years feels about right to me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20261 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 09:30:22 »

Financial crime - and especially financial crime on this scale - is not victimless, even though the consequences of it do not seem as immediate as (for example) physical assault etc.

Tom Hayes fraudulently appropriated tens of £millions for himself and his employers, and that money had to come from somewhere.  Mainly, it came from the pension funds that you, I and just about everyone else pays in to.  In other words, he stole from you, your kids, your friends and your colleagues.  Fourteen years feels about right to me.

You're right though about this fella being a scapegoat, I daresay he didn't go to public school or have the right sort of connections to ensure he wasn't the one sacrificed.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 09:35:41 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20262 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 13:28:48 »

You're right though about this fella being a scapegoat, I daresay he didn't go to public school or have the right sort of connections to ensure he wasn't the one sacrificed.
Does seem odd that given how widespread and widely known about this was, there's only one guy on trial. The sacrificial lamb hung out to dry. When they start jailing some of the heads of departments, or even the Chief Execs, then it might be effective. Roughly about the same time I learn to fly a pig, in other words.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #20263 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 13:33:58 »

Those three words that still make me feel anxious..........even after 20+ odd years after I left.

"Back To School"

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20264 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 13:42:12 »

Those three words that still make me feel anxious..........even after 20+ odd years after I left.

"Back To School"

I still get anxiety dreams about my Finals exams, which I sat in 1994.
Pages: 1 ... 1348 1349 1350 [1351] 1352 1353 1354 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: