Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 1290 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5090784 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #19290 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 20:58:27 »

I'm rather keen on duck myself, it's popular in this neck of the woods.

I'm rather partial to it BBQ'd. It cooks in it's own (plentiful) fat, leaving a crispy outing with tender meat beneath.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19291 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:29:43 »

A duck appeared in my garden a few weeks ago when the culvert at the bottom of my garden flooded thinking how cute it was I fed them a little. I even went to countrywide to buy some special duck food (which incidentally they hate, they much prefer bread and peas!)

Word is obviously getting round duckland as I now have 5 ducks camped out on my patio pecking the back door for bread every two hours!!

And you'll have a few foxes soon for sure, then a few feathers...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #19292 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 16:32:51 »

people who have nothing better to do than wait outside a  hospital for a royal baby to arrive.wankers

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #19293 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 18:25:29 »

Bang on.  Twats.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #19294 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 18:39:12 »

people who have nothing better to do than wait outside a  hospital for a royal baby to arrive.wankers

I didn't even know there was another coming
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #19295 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 19:05:15 »

I'm scared of helicopters -particularly chinnocks, and every day this week we have had crazy low fly overs (normally 3 at a time) of chinnocks and apaches. The whole house shakes it's terrifying (for me anyway!)
Today the chinnocks looked like they were carrying aid packages underneath?
Apparently there is some NATO training thing at Salisbury? 
Some really crazy planes have gone over tonight - the look like modern versions of old wartime bombers with propellers on each wing? Any plane buffs on here?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #19296 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 19:19:50 »

By far and away the biggest cunts at parent's evening are those parents who are also teachers. If you don't like the school's marking policy TAKE YOUR FUCKING KID TO WORK WITH YOU, SHITHEAD.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #19297 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 19:27:55 »

That marking system you retweeted on twitter the other day was rather good I thought?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19298 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 19:40:46 »

My eldest has fucking SATs on playoff semi second leg Monday. I don't give a shit about SATs results, they're nearly entirely pointless, but he wants to do well so isn't coming to the game now.

I suppose if we lose, he's better off in bed, and if we win he'll go to Wembley so its not all bad.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #19299 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 19:58:24 »

That marking system you retweeted on twitter the other day was rather good I thought?

It's frequency that bothers them. School policy is to mark 1 in 6, which for me is once a term (so I only ever mark assessments). One woman told me she thought I ought to mark books after every lesson. But she works at a private school...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19300 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 20:01:54 »

1 in 6 as in 1 n 6 pieces of work are marked?

Are you a secondary school teacher, I assume so .
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #19301 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 20:05:29 »

My eldest has fucking SATs on playoff semi second leg Monday. I don't give a shit about SATs results, they're nearly entirely pointless, but he wants to do well so isn't coming to the game now.

I suppose if we lose, he's better off in bed, and if we win he'll go to Wembley so its not all bad.

Bless him, I'm a year 6 TA - SATs are so much pressure for them - so glad I'm not there this year
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19302 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 20:19:40 »

I'm scared of helicopters -particularly chinnocks, and every day this week we have had crazy low fly overs (normally 3 at a time) of chinnocks and apaches. The whole house shakes it's terrifying (for me anyway!)
Today the chinnocks looked like they were carrying aid packages underneath?
Apparently there is some NATO training thing at Salisbury? 
Some really crazy planes have gone over tonight - the look like modern versions of old wartime bombers with propellers on each wing? Any plane buffs on here?

First time I saw a Chinook, I briefly thought it was a UFO.  I was walking up near Barbury, dusk time on a grey November day when I heard and then saw this thing, partly obscured by low cloud, then appearing again as a long cigar shaped thing...UFO's often get reported as cigar shaped.  It wasn't until it got into more clear space that I could see the rotors, which gave it a distinctly terrestrial look.

Could be a C 130 Hercules
Flashheart

« Reply #19303 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 20:28:05 »

I'm a bit of a plane buff, but I can't help much on that info.
Panda Paws

« Reply #19304 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 20:54:13 »

Where did/do you both live? I'm looking as far west as Acton, as north as Hampstead and Islington-ish, as far south as Putney and ignoring anything east. There's decent places about, it's just that by the time I call to arrange a viewing they're gone or they're just currently out of our budget. I presume you both house/flat shared?

Me and my fiancé live in Barnes. 20 mins to Waterloo, very un-London in a way. Green, quiet, pretty and on the river with belting pubs but zone 3, 20 mins to town and 10 to Hammersmith. We've rented privately for 2 years and have just signed up for another two (after batting down the landlord's 20% hike).

Putney's alright but, for me, it's a bit too Clapham-ish. Full of rugby-loving graduate arseholes. I'd suggest Richmond and Barnes, or alternatively Teddington and Surbiton can be good value (relatively).
Pages: 1 ... 1284 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 1290 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: