Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 1280 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5092611 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19140 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 19:36:38 »

I would prefer Florida, but it has to be at the right time and age for the kids. Its one of those once in a lifetime holidays.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19141 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 19:36:54 »

Well that's cleared it up Smiley

Would prefer Florida myself, but cost wise that may not happen for a bit.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #19142 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:01:13 »

It's unmentionably awful. A step into a world more plastic than the Madejski, with vastly over-priced, disgusting food, an all-American ultra-consumerist brainwashing agenda and hordes of unbearable sugar-high kids pulling their harassed, impoverished parents from one 45-minute queue to the next.

Just my opinion.

Three questions.

Have you been?
Paris or Florida?
What year and month?
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #19143 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:18:22 »

Last year we stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort. Last two weeks of August. Only three of us so no need for a sprawling four bed house with pool type accommodation.

On the plus side. Free bus transport to ALL Disney resorts and attractions. (You have to pay to park at all the attractions now between $15-17 per day. The American kids go back to school two weeks before the end of August roughly (do check) the fast passes should be bought only for the Disney parks which you should hammer in the first week. The second week you'll honestly hardly queue anywhere!!! And should then hammer the non Disney parks. You'll need a car for the second week at least.

On the minus side. The food at the Caribbean beach resort is shit do not under any circumstances be taken in by any booking that offers a free Disney food package. That is where you will benefit from having a car for both weeks. Use the CBR as a B&B rather than the be all and end all of your package. Red Frog is talking out his arse. There are plenty and I mean endless eating establishments with ten or fifteen minutes of where ever you stay catering from fast food to gourmet cuisine You cannot self cater at the CBR but you stock up at a Walmart or Publix supermarket fir snap and stuff to keep in your room which does have a decent fridge. The drinks in these places are NOT cheap and we got £1 = $1.65  last year and all resort or theme parks expect you to tip and they are added to each bill starting from15%, then 17.5 then 20% , oh yes. You are not obliged to pay it but you end up cause you do not want a row or feel that you should.

Obviously you might want your own place or you might want a hotel.

If you want more info mail me.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #19144 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:44:53 »

Three questions.

Have you been?
Paris or Florida?
What year and month?

Paris. Three times. Got my blackberry stolen last time. To be fair, the boys love it, apart from the endless queuing. If we have to do this sort of thing from time to time, I prefer the Parc Asterix north of Paris.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #19145 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:49:13 »

Paris. Three times. Got my blackberry stolen last time. To be fair, the boys love it, apart from the endless queuing. If we have to do this sort of thing from time to time, I prefer the Parc Asterix north of Paris.
serves you right.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #19146 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:54:17 »

I remember going to park asterix as a kid
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19147 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 20:57:19 »

If anyone's planning on doing the Florida one can I put in a plug for these guys:

http://www.dadsvilla.com/

It's an amazing 6-bed villa about 4 miles away from Disneyland Florida. I say it's amazing, haven't been myself, but friends have and they loved it, and just looking at the photos, it just looks like a really cool place to stay if visiting Disney with kids, because it's all kitted out with a pool, games rooms, bedrooms decorated for kids (Mickey Mouse, Harry Potter). You'd need a couple of families to justify a 6-bed, but (apparently) it's a great base for visiting Florida.

And (to declare my interest) they very kindly sponsor my lad's football team. So if you do decide to use them, please tell them Robins U10s sent you!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #19148 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:11:01 »

serves you right.

Sorry?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19149 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:53:15 »

People get far too pompous about things like Disney.

Look, we know it's not "real", but it can be great fun and kids really do love it.  It is completely manufactured but they actually are proud that it is (the Disney Co).  It's a storybook fantasy version of turn of the 19th/20th Century Old America.

Clearly, don't go to Disneyland Paris if you are looking for a French Cultural experience.

Samdy, was there at the same time!  I also took the family into Paris and have in the past been to Nice, very different.  Just like here, Paris has one way of life that is very different to other parts of the country.

Florida is a million miles better for a Disney based holiday, and the state of Florida has some other great assets as well.

Each to their own on holidays.  Each holiday is an experience, so every destination is right for someone.  I've done Faliraki and I've done Napa Valley (yes, alcohol seems a common theme still!).  Totally different.  I'm not about to bash Faliraki for being cheese ridden fake Greece, just as I won't bash Napa for being pretentious.  Both were great for what I wanted at the time, and that's all that counts, that I had a great time on MY holiday.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19150 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 21:59:46 »

Or my family on my family's holiday.

BTW, done Disneyland Paris 6 times and WDW Florida 5 times as a point of reference for the comparison of the two.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19151 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 22:05:55 »

Samdy, was there at the same time!  I also took the family into Paris and have in the past been to Nice, very different.  Just like here, Paris has one way of life that is very different to other parts of the country.

I know, I saw you in the hotel bar!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19152 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 22:08:42 »

Hopefully not the night I was signing Let it Go and suggesting we should chuck the kids in the fire to remove the family from the good sofa :-)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19153 on: Saturday, April 4, 2015, 22:12:38 »

Unfortunately not. I would've loved to have seen that.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #19154 on: Sunday, April 5, 2015, 08:58:26 »

May half term, Davy Crockett lodge, 4 adults and 2 kids. Going with the out-laws as it's her 60th and my eldest's 5th birthday this year. We could squeeze in before half term ends, but Amy's dad has a gig (lounge singer-style) and he'snot willing to cancel it. So Sunday to Tuesday instead is nearly £400 cheaper!

Pages: 1 ... 1274 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 1280 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: