Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 1277 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046769 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19095 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 09:02:14 »

Miracle hair treatment.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #19096 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 09:06:00 »

Miracle hair treatment.
Ouch!

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19097 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 09:20:14 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19098 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 12:51:27 »

I will happily punch the next person I hear using the word 'wellness'.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19099 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 12:52:52 »

People serving in shops who call me 'mate'
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #19100 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 12:58:20 »

People serving in shops who call me 'mate'

You should count yourself lucky. Where I live I have no idea what they call me or what they are saying...............

If you don't have a command of about 45 languages its a real struggle to get the daily essentials. McDonalds breakfast , Milk and Bread. etc.etc.etc.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #19101 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 13:32:11 »

People serving in shops just annoy me in General.

I want to buy stuff quick. Pay for it quick. And fuck off quick.

1. Why oh why oh why do they keep asking me if I have a fucking Nectar Card or any other point accruing piece of shit where your spend data  subsequently gets sold onto the HMRC so they can see if your telling porkies or not on your tax returns. From my own experience being stood behind people, If people have these cards and want to use them then fair play. The same said people will generally have there shitty bit of plastic ready to be scanned holding me up even more than I have to be.

2. They do not understand two simple English words ( Only and Just ). I have tried all sorts of combinations and ways of saying "((Just / Only) a (Double Whopper / Double Cheeseburger / Chicken burger ) please. But to no avail. I'm still bombarded with a selection of questions. Chips with that Sir ? Medium or Large ? How about a meal ? FFS. There's no such thing as Medium or Large Double cheeseburger. I was wondering what size chips you would like. I fucking said just a Double Cheeseburger. That means no Fucking Chips you daft Cunt. The whole process turns fast food into a day out down the high street. Wastes countless hours of every bodies time.

3. And then when you think you are all Done. Here is your receipt Sir and if you complete the on-line Survey you could win a 2 week break in the Seychelles. My typical response is. I fucking need it after being stuck here with you, you daft Cunt.

RANT OVER......

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19102 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 14:00:11 »

^^

Have you considered not using these multi national purveyors of "food", it'll be better for your wellness
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #19103 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 16:45:58 »

^^

Have you considered not using these multi national purveyors of "food", it'll be better for your wellness

Cheesy

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #19104 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 17:55:51 »

English football - and I don't quite understand why, as most of this has happened with a Swedish and Italian manager - not understanding the importance of having a possession player at the heart of the midfield.  I just read that Michael Carrick has fewer international caps than Shaun Wright-Phillips.  Many more successful nations would have built their midfield around him.

And yes - I believe he learned it all in his 4(?) games for us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19105 on: Wednesday, April 1, 2015, 19:20:30 »

English football - and I don't quite understand why, as most of this has happened with a Swedish and Italian manager - not understanding the importance of having a possession player at the heart of the midfield.  I just read that Michael Carrick has fewer international caps than Shaun Wright-Phillips.  Many more successful nations would have built their midfield around him.

And yes - I believe he learned it all in his 4(?) games for us.

I was pondering the Carrick situation last night....I recall after seeing about 20 mins of his debut v Norwich, turning to my mate and saying this kid will play for England, as it was quite plain he had class, to give that some sort of context, I used to watch Spurs and saw Hoddle score on his home debut and thought the same.

I not sure that the reasons for his relatively few appearances are that simple to understand....certainly some would be bad luck with injury, also for a while think he had a strop and didn't make himself available, a further reason might be because of Gerrard and Fat Frank, being in the way.

When the manager picks Phil Jones ahead of him, then you do wonder if te world has gone completely mad.....I assume Jones swapped shirts with Ciro Immobile at the end, would look good on him.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19106 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 07:29:30 »

I just ran over a rabbit  Sad

... and last night I ran over a rat   Roll Eyes
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19107 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 07:32:34 »

When the manager picks Phil Jones ahead of him, then you do wonder if te world has gone completely mad.
TBF to Hodgson, he was clearly trying something out, seeing if Jones could work as a holding mid, in a friendly. It didn't work, lesson learned, glad we didn't try it in a fixture that had something riding on it. That's what friendlies are for. And that's quite a bit different from Jones being picked ahead of Carrick for that role.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #19108 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 07:57:12 »

TBF to Hodgson, he was clearly trying something out, seeing if Jones could work as a holding mid, in a friendly. It didn't work, lesson learned, glad we didn't try it in a fixture that had something riding on it. That's what friendlies are for. And that's quite a bit different from Jones being picked ahead of Carrick for that role.
This. Too many people seem to think friendlies are all about the result, they're not.

It's All Good..............
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19109 on: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 09:30:52 »

The fact that I when I wanted to open a savings account for my two year old daughter in branch I had to provide various ID and make various declarations, however I can open numerous savings accounts online in my own name without apparently needing any ID?
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 1277 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: