Pages: 1 ... 1268 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 1274 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5091459 times)
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #19050 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 06:58:26 »

OK, I'm probably being Trivial.

Finished a Job at 05:00 this morning. Long Night. I'm a chauffeur.

As I'm always weary about unnecessary damage to the Vehicle I try to find a nice open bit of car park on the occasions I use one to park the car.

More often than not some twat will park next to me. I Just don't get it. There are normally more than enough spaces to park.

Popped to Tesco's on way home for Milk. Whole fucking car park deserted. Still some twat parks right next to me so Fucking Close I couldn't get in the drivers door. I clambered over from the passenger side, moved the car then spent the next 5 minutes arranging a fine selection of shopping trolleys all-round the outside of his vehicle.

Parked other side of car park and looked at his unbelievable state of bemusement as he moved the trolleys out the way.

I've asked a number of other Chauffeurs the question over the years and none of us can come with a suitable answer as to why people do this.

Best I can come up with is that people are maybe taught to park by aligning next to another vehicle.

I just don't fucking get it and its really annoying.

Any Ideas anyone why people do this ?

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19051 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:08:32 »

No idea, i feel your pain though. Some cunt dented my door parking too close in an empty car park
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #19052 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:12:58 »

Happens to me all the time too.   Angry

I make a point of parking in the remotest part of car parks but can almost guarantee that when I return - even if it's after only 10 or 15 minutes - someone will have parked in one of the adjoining bays.

A couple of weeks ago, I parked in an almost empty supermarket car park and, while I was getting my reusable shopping bags from the boot of my car, an elderly chap pulled his car into the bay behind mine and pulled up so close he was about a fag paper's width away from driving into my legs!  I just stared at him and shook my head in disbelief. There wasn't another car parked within 50 yards in any direction!

I don't understand why people do it.

No
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #19053 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:30:50 »

Thanks for the input SP and Tans. Lets see if a pattern emerges from any other suggestions.

So far..........

1. Parking alignment issues.
2. Lonely old people.
3. There just Cunts.

Not sure about number 3.
I can be a total Cunt on occasions and I don't do it.

Flashheart

« Reply #19054 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:37:33 »

Car parking spaces are one thing, it's a hundred times worse when somebody stands at the urinal next to you when there's spaces available.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #19055 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:38:51 »

You better hope and pray its not some lonely old cunt with parking problems  Smiley

Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #19056 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:43:24 »

OK, I'm probably being Trivial.

Finished a Job at 05:00 this morning. Long Night. I'm a chauffeur.

As I'm always weary about unnecessary damage to the Vehicle I try to find a nice open bit of car park on the occasions I use one to park the car.

More often than not some twat will park next to me. I Just don't get it. There are normally more than enough spaces to park.

Popped to Tesco's on way home for Milk. Whole fucking car park deserted. Still some twat parks right next to me so Fucking Close I couldn't get in the drivers door. I clambered over from the passenger side, moved the car then spent the next 5 minutes arranging a fine selection of shopping trolleys all-round the outside of his vehicle.

Parked other side of car park and looked at his unbelievable state of bemusement as he moved the trolleys out the way.

I've asked a number of other Chauffeurs the question over the years and none of us can come with a suitable answer as to why people do this.

Best I can come up with is that people are maybe taught to park by aligning next to another vehicle.

I just don't fucking get it and its really annoying.

Any Ideas anyone why people do this ?
Happens to me too. I had a similar experience in the Lidl car park at Barnfield last year. When I came out next me on the passengers side was a people carrier type car, with a woman on her phone walking towards me. I said to her something along the lines of whole car park, can opener to get out, damage to car doors, you need to take the bus, kind of thing, not nastily as my wife was with me (and that was not a necessary thing to do anyway) and some women seem to have perfected the victim/shocked/offended scenario in pretty much every walk of life and situation these days. She just looked a me with a vacant expression as we passed. I can't explain it either.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:47:40 by Red and Proud » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #19057 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:44:16 »

Do you get people shagging in the back and stuff when you're driving people about?
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #19058 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:51:13 »

Happens to me too. I had a similar experience in the Lidl car park at Barnfield last year. When I came out next me on the passengers side was a people carrier type car, with a woman on her phone walking towards me. I said to her something along the lines of whole car park, can opener to get out, damage to car doors, you need to take the bus, kind of thing, not nastily as my wife was with me (and that was not a necessary thing to do anyway) and some women seem to have perfected the victim/shocked/offended scenario in pretty much every walk of life and situation these days. She just looked a me with a vacant expression as we passed. I can't explain it either.

OK, pattern emerging.... Early small sample of data I know. But the bloke this morning ( Lets call him Alfie ) was not looking that clean.

OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #19059 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 07:55:59 »

Do you get people shagging in the back and stuff when you're driving people about?

Had a French Guy last week, Staying at a "Friends apartment in Belgravia". He often pops over for a couple of days with some floosey or another. Took him back to London City and there was some shenanigans going on.

If people are paying they can do what they like within reason. Tissues are supplied.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19060 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 08:50:10 »

Car parks of pet hate of mine. Sat in the car once and some bloke pulled up and opened his door,  hitting my wing mirror. No apology, nothing. I might have had a word if he hadn't been a giant  Smiley Shaking my head was enough on this occasion.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19061 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 10:17:39 »

Most people are in essence insecure social animals....so you park in an empty car park, and someone will park next to you because they feel (a) it is safer (b) the spot has been validated as being OK.

The only way to counteract this, and it doesn't always work, is to rapidly analyse the furthest point from any egress, and stick it there.....as the fact most people can't be arsed to walk, means they'll be tempted by the nearest point to their exit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19062 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 11:14:56 »

Most people are in essence insecure social animals....so you park in an empty car park, and someone will park next to you because they feel (a) it is safer (b) the spot has been validated as being OK.

The only way to counteract this, and it doesn't always work, is to rapidly analyse the furthest point from any egress, and stick it there.....as the fact most people can't be arsed to walk, means they'll be tempted by the nearest point to their exit.
You're absolutely right about the social insecurity being at root of the problem but there's also another way of counteracting it. Simply carry a tin (or carton if you want to a bit more upmarket) of any suitably vomit-looking like soup and pour puddles of it either side of the car after you park it. Hey presto - instant wide berth!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #19063 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 12:23:16 »

Now being reported that the co pilot "deliberately" crashed that plane into the alps. Sad
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #19064 on: Thursday, March 26, 2015, 13:09:07 »

Now being reported that the co pilot "deliberately" crashed that plane into the alps. Sad

Fuck!
Pages: 1 ... 1268 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 1274 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: