Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 1266 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5083769 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #18930 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 12:33:42 »

I concur. I find it a little ironic that we both hate shaving yet choose to shave all of our head from neck upwards.
Good point. In my case hair on my head looks as ridiculous as hair on my face though.

It's All Good..............
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #18931 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 14:31:59 »

The relative lack of publicity when comparing the News of the World with the Mirror regarding phone hacking. All hacking is equal but some more than others...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31712894

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #18932 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 14:41:26 »

The obsession with selfies reaches as new low

The sex selfie stick

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/the-sex-selfie-stick-lets-you-facetime-the-inside-of-a-vagina-10080436.html

Last thing in the world I would wanna do is facetime the inside of a clunge
 Suicide
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18933 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2015, 15:28:46 »

The obsession with selfies reaches as new low

The sex selfie stick

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/the-sex-selfie-stick-lets-you-facetime-the-inside-of-a-vagina-10080436.html

Last thing in the world I would wanna do is facetime the inside of a clunge
 Suicide

Shame Birdy is no longer a regular poster she'd have been interested in one....
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #18934 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 17:50:59 »

My works van I have today hasn't got a working stereo.

people driving towards and around the 'five ways' roundabout by Shaw Ridge/Asda as if it's a two lane roundabout. It isn't. It's single lane.

My van is full to the fucking gunwales, mostly with doc martins and welly boots.

(I thought the saying was 'full to the gunnels but Google says otherwise)

I'VE HAD NO BASTARD RADIO ALL DAY LONG AND I'VE BEEN ALONE WITH MY OWN THOUGHTS AND IT'S NOT A PRETTY PLACE. FUCKING BALLS!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18935 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 18:25:08 »

people driving towards and around the 'five ways' roundabout by Shaw Ridge/Asda as if it's a two lane roundabout. It isn't. It's single lane.

Exactly. Its got massive white road markings making this perfectly clear. If you are too stupid to understand them, you shouldn't be driving IMO.

Mind you the reverse is true on some of the smaller roundabouts, two lanes clearly marked at the give way, but no, the car 'in front' wants both of them. Where the hell do you expect me to put my car when you do that?
I say 'in front' because I usually drop behind to avoid possibility of a collision!

Also on the M4, the road matrix signs "Red X means lane closed". Nooooo, really..
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 18:27:19 by Batch » Logged
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #18936 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 20:55:26 »

Exactly. Its got massive white road markings making this perfectly clear. If you are too stupid to understand them, you shouldn't be driving IMO.

Mind you the reverse is true on some of the smaller roundabouts, two lanes clearly marked at the give way, but no, the car 'in front' wants both of them. Where the hell do you expect me to put my car when you do that?
I say 'in front' because I usually drop behind to avoid possibility of a collision!

Also on the M4, the road matrix signs "Red X means lane closed". Nooooo, really..
That Red x thing really gets on my thruppennys. . . considering there are no overhead ganteries (spolling)on most of the M4

blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #18937 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 10:00:34 »

My works van I have today hasn't got a working stereo.

My van is full to the fucking gunwales, mostly with doc martins and welly boots.

(I thought the saying was 'full to the gunnels but Google says otherwise)

I'VE HAD NO BASTARD RADIO ALL DAY LONG AND I'VE BEEN ALONE WITH MY OWN THOUGHTS AND IT'S NOT A PRETTY PLACE. FUCKING BALLS!

Never understood that roundabout - there are 2 lanes clearly marked on the approach from both directions on Whitehill Way, but only 1 lane to go round it. Seems pointless to me when there is room for 2 cars, why not let 2 cars use it ?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18938 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 10:05:46 »

er, are we talking about the same roundabout, the one where you can go into asda from. I'm pretty sure there is only 1 lane marked from whitehill way approach
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #18939 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 13:16:10 »

Just checked on google maps and you are right. I could have sworn I've been cut up there a few times before, maybe thats because I'm trying to sneak up the inside over the painted bits :-) Smug Fuck Off
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18940 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 14:06:04 »

There's plenty of room for two cars, I assume they marked it off because buses going round it need more room.

Anyway, the hatched area has a broken line around it, so technically you can use it as a lane if it's safe to do so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18941 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 14:18:28 »

Liberal interpretation of rule 130:

If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18942 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 18:14:41 »

What if there is a load of cars queued up towards Mead Way but the hatched area was empty and you need to turn right? Technically I'm doing my bit to ease congestion.

Other times it's just fun to undertake Royal Mail vans.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18943 on: Thursday, March 5, 2015, 19:06:16 »

Other times it's just fun to undertake Royal Mail vans.

Smiley
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #18944 on: Friday, March 6, 2015, 12:33:51 »

1) Ticket-master booking fees - I understand they are a business but they are turning into a serious rip off!
2) Trying to get through to the actual ticket office within the club shop
3) Mothers that dress their child up as Christian Grey from 50 shades for world book day!!! YOUVE CLEARLY DONE IT FOR MEDIA ATTENTION!
4) The fact I'm on maternity leave therefore missing world book day and the only day of the year it's acceptable for me to dress up at Katniss from the hunger games in public!
Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 1266 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: