Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 1259 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5089769 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #18825 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 11:41:13 »

I think you've mistaken the TEF for Facebook. Wink

Hope nothing too serious though Wiggy.

One of my uncles (also the best god-father you could hope for) died on Friday night. He taight me how to make really cool paper aeroplanes and gave me some good life advice - "be a good-doer not a do-gooder".

Also on Friday my dad, who has lived with prostate cancer for 17 years, got his latest scan results showing that the cancer has finally spread - to his bones and lymph nodes. As he is nearly 85 there will be no further treatment - not a surprise, and the right decision in many ways, but still a shit conversation to have with your kids about their grampfer. Dad also gave me some great life advice when I finished uni and started working - "be nice to receptionists, cleaners and caretakers".

Oh, and Swindon fucking lost to Crawley, when I really wanted something to smile about. Cunts.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #18826 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 12:03:17 »

The trying to beat a man 4 times is something you see a lot in kids football - a kid so intent on proving he is better than the rest he forgets that there may be team mates around him in a better position to do something. Swift just needs to grow up a learn it is a team game.
Totally agree!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18827 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 12:53:18 »

Sorry to hear all that Wiggy, no much else to be said really Sad
----------------------

Swift - good technical ability, I reckon he can be a match winner, he just need to forget he has a Chelsea contract and the presumption it means he must be too good for division 3. Once/if he develops his footballing brain, and passes the ball when its the best option, he could be a good player.

As I sad in the match thread, perceived talent seems to be higher than actual talent.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #18828 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 13:51:44 »

One of my uncles (also the best god-father you could hope for) died on Friday night. He taight me how to make really cool paper aeroplanes and gave me some good life advice - "be a good-doer not a do-gooder".

Also on Friday my dad, who has lived with prostate cancer for 17 years, got his latest scan results showing that the cancer has finally spread - to his bones and lymph nodes. As he is nearly 85 there will be no further treatment - not a surprise, and the right decision in many ways, but still a shit conversation to have with your kids about their grampfer. Dad also gave me some great life advice when I finished uni and started working - "be nice to receptionists, cleaners and caretakers".

Oh, and Swindon fucking lost to Crawley, when I really wanted something to smile about. Cunts.

Sorry to hear all that.

I like the advice some oldens pass on.
I'm in sales and I have learnt to be nice to everyone during a sales call and always rejected the 'fuck everybody else except the decision maker' advice.
It's worked for me.

Clems Army!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #18829 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 14:28:41 »

Sorry to hear that Wiggy
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #18830 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 17:15:45 »

Sorry to hear all that.

I like the advice some oldens pass on.
I'm in sales and I have learnt to be nice to everyone during a sales call and always rejected the 'fuck everybody else except the decision maker' advice.
It's worked for me.
check
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #18831 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 17:34:53 »

Unlucky Wiggy.

That's all bad news. You have enough about you to deal with it and come out stronger. Life goes on. No Surrender.

Good luck to you and yours.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
scillyred

« Reply #18832 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 19:57:52 »

Hi Wiggy - you are not alone…………….

Recently my 84 yrs old mother was hit in the face by a hinged loft hatch that broke free and suffered a serious head injury and a broken bone in her hip (put a bolt on your hinged loft hatches all TEFers !), a very close relative has cancer and tomorrow one of my whippets is being put down.

2015 has been total shite for us as well & I have not even mentioned the footy  Sad

It is difficult to be positive, but life must go on but sad for us and our families.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18833 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 21:50:01 »

Evan Davis and the dragons den production team.

it's a good programme, but we don't need every fucking thing we've literally  just seen happen explained, especially with bad puns. and we don't need a preview of the rest of the show half way through the show.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #18834 on: Sunday, February 22, 2015, 22:37:25 »

Sorry to hear that Wiggy, I wanted to get angry and rant and rave after yesterdays result/performance but then remind myself that's it's not life or death and think about events that actually really do matter.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #18835 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:29:42 »

Anti-vaxers.

Fuckwits. Utter fuckwits. Dangerous fukwits at that.

Fucking this. It either needs to be illegal, or anyone not vaccinating should be banned from public spaces, including hospitals and schools. I'm all for life choices and making your own mind up on things, but not when it has the potential to harm others.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #18836 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:49:31 »

Fucking this. It either needs to be illegal, or anyone not vaccinating should be banned from public spaces, including hospitals and schools. I'm all for life choices and making your own mind up on things, but not when it has the potential to harm others.

There was a surge of anti-vaxxing in South Wales, particularly around Swansea when I was at uni there. Unsurprisingly, they've had a couple of major measles outbreaks and a pretty bad mumps one as well.

If the welsh don't like it, surely that's reason enough to do it? Should be bloody mandatory. State healthcare system, state vaccination program.

"Oh but they might implant mind control chips or poison our children!"

I fail to see why that would be cost-effective or helpful.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18837 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 10:29:12 »

Sorry to hear about that Wiggy. All the best fella.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18838 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 15:10:11 »

What am I missing? Aren't they only dangerous to other anti-vaxers? Satisfying natural selection like when drug gangs shoot each other or rival firms beat each other up.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #18839 on: Monday, February 23, 2015, 15:51:21 »

Nope, as babies aren't vaccinated until they're a year old, the chances of catching something potentially deadly from an unvaccinated older sibling or someone else's kid is high, especially at baby weigh ins, doctors surgeries and nurseries... anti-vaxxers are dickheads.

Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 1259 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: