Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 1176 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5094002 times)
jutty274

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #17580 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 07:14:28 »

Next term chuck the notes online, let them print at home. Spend the £2.50 on a swift half.
That's what my kids have to do, they go online download the work, complete it & upload it again most of the time the work doesn't even need printing it is in an editable pdf file.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17581 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 09:33:09 »

Do the kids not have text books and jotters these days? Back in my day we had to copy from the projector or blackboard into our jotter during lessons. Some lessons we had to share one text book between two pupils.
What do you teach?

Think Reeves might be a history man....in which case he should theme his lessons to the 1950's, when I was at school.  Dip and scratch pens, from ink in the ink well, and a sharp rap on the knuckles with the cane if you made a mess.

Kids left school at 15, so his yr 10 lot, could be getting ready for a job in the Works, scraping clinker from inside a King's boiler....no not George VI's.

That Education today is about social control, rather than learning anything is shown by the ridiculous decision to raise the school leaving age to 18.....just another brick in the wall.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #17582 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:02:23 »

Think Reeves might be a history man....in which case he should theme his lessons to the 1950's, when I was at school.  Dip and scratch pens, from ink in the ink well, and a sharp rap on the knuckles with the cane if you made a mess.

Kids left school at 15, so his yr 10 lot, could be getting ready for a job in the Works, scraping clinker from inside a King's boiler....no not George VI's.

That Education today is about social control, rather than learning anything is shown by the ridiculous decision to raise the school leaving age to 18.....just another brick in the wall.

Yeah, we should beat kids instead, and force them back into the mines to dig out coal.

Social control? Fuck off.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17583 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:12:31 »

Probably not a popular one.  The Ryder Cup - and, in particular, all of the self-congratulatory smarm that goes with it.  It's one of those things that I'm not really able to put that well in to words, but the way the teams go about the whole competition really gets my back up.  The jackets, the manicured wives, the players bitching at each other.  Everyone just seems so far up their own arse.  Don't like it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17584 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:14:02 »

Yeah, we should beat kids instead, and force them back into the mines to dig out coal.

Social control? Fuck off.

There's the problem, we don't have coal mines any longer.  The decision makers, who have little experience of life outside of their little bubble, haven't a clue....on the one hand we've the likes of Salmond advocating votes for 16 year olds, presumably because he thinks they're fully formed, however a government who think they should be in education as there's no work.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17585 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:17:36 »

Probably not a popular one.  The Ryder Cup - and, in particular, all of the self-congratulatory smarm that goes with it.  It's one of those things that I'm not really able to put that well in to words, but the way the teams go about the whole competition really gets my back up.  The jackets, the manicured wives, the players bitching at each other.  Everyone just seems so far up their own arse.  Don't like it.

Essentially the US industrial military complex at play with their European pals. What's not to like?

DMR

« Reply #17586 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 10:55:59 »

"Players bitching at each other"

Perhaps if you don't understand, you'd be better off keeping schtum.
Walter White

« Reply #17587 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 11:31:01 »

"Players bitching at each other"

Perhaps you should stop religiously defending things that you love that others don't and let him have his own opinion....fucking fascist.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17588 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 11:36:52 »

Thanks Walt.

Haven't the faintest idea what you're on about with that, but hope your day picks up from here.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #17589 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 11:57:25 »

Probably not a popular one.  The Ryder Cup - and, in particular, all of the self-congratulatory smarm that goes with it.  It's one of those things that I'm not really able to put that well in to words, but the way the teams go about the whole competition really gets my back up.  The jackets, the manicured wives, the players bitching at each other.  Everyone just seems so far up their own arse.  Don't like it.

I love golf and the Ryder Cup, but I am with you on this. Wait until the Yanks pull out their Desert Storm caps  Grin
DMR

« Reply #17590 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 12:06:05 »

My point was, I can't think of any bitching between the players - they're all good mates on tour and the respect between the teams is obvious. If you're referring to Big Phil's comments, then they are obviously a joke. I think you've confused the respect and etiquette that is the norm in golf as "being up their own arse" because football is a game dominated by thick as shit gobshites.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17591 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 12:14:43 »

I think you mean forums, Dave  Smiley
DMR

« Reply #17592 on: Friday, September 26, 2014, 13:39:07 »

I might be a gobshite but I'm not thick!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #17593 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 13:41:47 »

This annoys be more than it should but here goes. A couple of things i have heard football commentators say in 10 minutes in the car.

"It's currently scoreless" I think the term you're looking for is 'goalless" 0-0 is most defiantly still a score.

"Skrtel is receiving treatment on the touchline which means they are one short on the pitch" No shit Sherlock.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17594 on: Saturday, September 27, 2014, 17:51:06 »

I'm in the local watching the north London derby and there is a guy at the bar (therefore old enough to know better) wearing a spurs shirt with 'Ralph' and the number '6' on his back. I presume his first name is Ralph which makes him an imbecile.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 1170 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 1176 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: