Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 1137 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5219982 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #16995 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 08:46:50 »

Adobe fucking Flash and it's constant need to update. I think I've had to update it twice in 2 weeks. Gone are the days of us deciding when we want to use an old version of something or not. It'd just be nice if people please stop using this antiquated piece of shit so we can get on with internetting.
Talk Talk

« Reply #16996 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 08:53:02 »

Flimsy hotel shower curtains that move in at the bottom due to the rising hot air and stick to your legs. Eurgh.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #16997 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 08:59:44 »

Adobe fucking Flash and it's constant need to update. I think I've had to update it twice in 2 weeks. Gone are the days of us deciding when we want to use an old version of something or not. It'd just be nice if people please stop using this antiquated piece of shit so we can get on with internetting.

The joys of group policy pushing out updates automatically

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #16998 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 09:06:42 »

Dolphin browser not supporting Flash any more. Fucks me off something chronic!

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16999 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 09:25:23 »

A lass at work who did live in Swindon, then moved to Yate, now 'has' to work from home every Friday because the travelling is too much. Work with a scouser and a fella from Kent who manage every day fine as well!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17000 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 09:34:54 »

A lass at work who did live in Swindon, then moved to Yate, now 'has' to work from home every Friday because the travelling is too much. Work with a scouser and a fella from Kent who manage every day fine as well!

My old boss commutes to London daily from just south of Sheffield.

He does work from home a fair amount though!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17001 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 09:47:07 »

I live 60 miles from my office and work from home 2 days a week, can't be arsed with the travelling 5 days a week.

In this day and age with the right technology you really don't need to be office every day, depending on the nature of the job obviously.
Flashheart

« Reply #17002 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 09:57:37 »

The incompetent fuckwits at HMPO could end up costing me rather a lot of money (that I don't have) or, worse still, result in me being kicked out of the country for a year.

One is not in the slightest bit amused and very worried.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17003 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 10:11:28 »

I live 60 miles from my office and work from home 2 days a week, can't be arsed with the travelling 5 days a week.

In this day and age with the right technology you really don't need to be office every day, depending on the nature of the job obviously.

I do agree, and tbf most people here do work from home on fridays as they are scattered all over the place. Just a bit of a pisstake when you move away from Swindon, to somewhere not even an hour away, then stamp your feet and say you cant hack the travelling!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #17004 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 10:11:43 »

Completely agree.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17005 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 12:39:51 »

I do agree, and tbf most people here do work from home on fridays as they are scattered all over the place. Just a bit of a pisstake when you move away from Swindon, to somewhere not even an hour away, then stamp your feet and say you cant hack the travelling!

Friday is the best day to commute as well. But fair play, the draw of Yate is massive and hard to resist.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #17006 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 15:56:47 »

Maybe I am missing something here but I'm not quite sure why Luton have done this -

'Hatters hands contract to young striker

The Town have given promising striker Lee Angol a one-year contract and loaned the teenager to Boreham Wood for the whole of the forthcoming season.

Read more at http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article/luton-complete-lee-angol-signing-1731952.aspx#E3v6BH7w1ycXQhqk.99

The sign a young player on a 1 year deal and then loan him back for that 1 year?

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #17007 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 17:58:40 »

It's not that outrageous:

“At the same time, he’ll be training with us full-time and playing for the development squad, so we’ll be able to keep a close eye on his progress.”

They'll no doubt have first say on whether they offer him a new deal.

It's essentially what we did with Kayden Jackson, only we didn't pay his wages.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17008 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 18:45:16 »

Family funeral today, and people that were overtaking the hearse and family car along drove road. Showing no patience.

There is a lack of respect in today's world.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #17009 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 18:57:12 »

Family funeral today, and people that were overtaking the hearse and family car along drove road. Showing no patience.

There is a lack of respect in today's world.

I'm trying to tread lightly here because I understand that a funeral is a tough time for all concerned.

But why should the rest of the world stop because of your loss? People have jobs to go to and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 1137 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: