Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5087879 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #16245 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 23:33:08 »

Piss on the floor before you put the evo-stik down.

It works.

Probably.

Hmmm. Perhaps a hint of ammonia would enhance the bonding process. I will try it out in 4D's motor first.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #16246 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 23:40:50 »

If you want a smooth finish, apply a fine layer of manure into the carpet, working it in carefully with a soft brush.

#HTtips
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16247 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 23:50:21 »

Actually,  come to think of it,  there is carpet over the arches in the boot. Use what you were using originally,  just make sure you read the instructions this time  Smiley
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16248 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 01:01:11 »

Overnight release support.

Have to do it every few months, still hate it
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #16249 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 12:42:33 »

The general public of swindon. A lot lack manners and are often rude. As I tell my kids, manners cost nothing.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Talk Talk

« Reply #16250 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 13:00:01 »

The general public of swindon. A lot lack manners and are often rude. As I tell my kids, manners cost nothing.

That is more a national slide I believe. I beat my children with their detached limbs if they are not polite to others, do not say please and thank you, hold doors other for others, put their elbows on the dinner table or fail to use a knife and fork properly.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #16251 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 13:04:30 »

put their elbows on the dinner table

I've always wondered why this is seen as bad manners, nowt wrong with it IMO
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #16252 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 13:15:10 »

That is more a national slide I believe. I beat my children with their detached limbs if they are not polite to others, do not say please and thank you, hold doors other for others, put their elbows on the dinner table or fail to use a knife and fork properly.

When we go out for the day to a different town, for example, people are a lot more polite I find.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #16253 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 13:36:10 »

I'd suggest avoiding most major urban settlements then
Talk Talk

« Reply #16254 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 13:41:17 »

Something for your Christmas list:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Debretts-Guide-Etiquette-Modern-Manners/dp/074727715X
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16255 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 13:49:03 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27042467#

Welcome to the real world......

Not saying I agree with Gove - but teachers really don't help themselves with statements like this.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16256 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:12:57 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27042467#

Welcome to the real world......

Not saying I agree with Gove - but teachers really don't help themselves with statements like this.

What a leader of moderate non-striking Trade Union pointing out that education is heading for a recruitment and retention crisis.  I would have thought this was a responsible thing to point out to the general public....
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16257 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:22:43 »

Oh christ, my mother used to thwack my elbows with the back of her knife if she saw me with them on the table.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16258 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:38:33 »

unhygienic at a guess. Would you put any other body parts on the dinner table for instance?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Talk Talk

« Reply #16259 on: Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 14:45:17 »

unhygienic at a guess. Would you put any other body parts on the dinner table for instance?

Yarp, that's the principal reason.

1. Appearing to spread germs. Pamela Holland, business-etiquette coach and coauthor of Help! Was That a Career Limiting Move? (Brody Communications, 2001), says elbows on the table violate a hygiene taboo. “You don’t do it for the same reason you never put your purse on the table. Hygienically speaking, the table needs to stay as clean as possible. The more body parts on the table accompanying your food, the less hygienic it is.”

2. Looking like a Neanderthal. When you share a meal with someone, you’re supposed to divide your attention between their company and the food. If you’re hunkered down over your plate, you look too interested in your dinner. Holland says, “It seems rather primitive that your whole focus is on the food. You look like a caveman.”

3. Invading personal space. Some claim that the no-elbows rule developed in medieval times, when diners ate pressed so close together that if you put your elbows on the table, they’d probably end up in your neighbor’s dinner. Nowadays we have more room. But, especially at occasions where people don’t know each other well, putting elbows on the table can still make other diners feel cramped. Robert Shutt, an etiquette trainer who teaches seminars in savoir-faire to Ivy League undergrads, says, “Some people will think you don’t understand the importance of respecting other people’s personal space.”

But note that if you keep your elbows to yourself, it doesn’t mean you have to sit bolt upright. In fact, it’s OK to rest your forearms on the edge of the table. Shutt says, “Leaning forward demonstrates you’re interested in what the other person is saying.” Just don’t overdo it. His rule is, “If you’re supporting yourself on the table, imagine the table is removed. If you would fall, you’re too comfortable.”

There is one occasion when you can put your elbows on the table: If you’re on a date that’s going well, and you’re working up to holding your companion’s hand. Then it’s not invading the other person’s space, it’s flirting.

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080305101405AA4Tp8q
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 1083 [1084] 1085 1086 1087 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: