Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: a thread about the the match itself  (Read 6498 times)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:16:05 »

i have no worries at all about ljf playing centre back.he's bloody good there.
i'm more concerned about who is gonna be left back, and how we take the game to millwall.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:28:35 »

I'd like to have seen Ward given a few games playing just behind the front two as when he played in that position against Norwich he had one of his best games of the season. But the playoff final isn't the time to start experimenting.

The team will pretty much pick itself dependent on injuries, the only questions being who plays at right back if Sheehan is fit (if he isn't it will be Darby on the left and Manks on the right) and who plays left midfield if Paynter isn't fit. I'd go with Darby and Marshall as O'Brien just hasn't been with it in the last couple of games, still can't figure out why Marshall is suddenly out of favour after the good performances he put in on the left.

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 11:32:28 »

by playing ward in the hole with a 3 man midfield,would cause millwall all kinds of problems.it is a nightmare to defend against.the more i think about it, the more i like it.if it doesn't work he can always shift back to the left and go 4,4,2 again.i like mcgovern tucking in(superb at charlton doing that)so changing things aint too much of a gamble.
as long as the right and left backs bomb on, then i think it could work
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: