Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blackpool v Cardiff Matchday thread  (Read 10840 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 16:54:04 »

82,544 at Wembley today. Should've been a sell out... Damn empty corporate seats (which I would guess it the reason for that)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 17:00:20 »

Yes, the board mainly. He has indeed done wonders at Blackpool but I suspect it's more a case of right man, right time, right club. It was hardly nailed on he was always going to do that on the basis of his track record was it? I'm still dead chuffed we got Danny

Which you could say about Danny. Don't get me wrong, Danny has also done wonders!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 17:11:24 »

Listening to Ollie on the radio. Love this guy, even despite his dubious past.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 20:54:28 »

82,544 at Wembley today. Should've been a sell out... Damn empty corporate seats (which I would guess it the reason for that)

I noticed when they went up and down the steps, there were loads of empty ones in the corporate area.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 21:05:04 »

Listening to Ollie on the radio. Love this guy, even despite his dubious past.

Even a few Bristol City fans like him now. Funny old game.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 21:05:38 »

The commentator said both clubs had sold all their tickets and the empty seats were corporate and the like.

I don't understand it though, as there were big empty blocks which could easily have been passed on to the clubs without any segregation issues. Surely they would have known they wouldn't be using them so why not do something with them?

Would be good if the Football League could name and shame them, especially if a big company or two are responsible.
Talk Talk

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 21:11:07 »

The M4 was a fucking nightmare coming back from the Bath direction at half nine this morning. I have never seen so many coaches and cars with scarves and flags.

Love it  Too Cool

We will do better...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 21:23:09 »

The commentator said both clubs had sold all their tickets and the empty seats were corporate and the like.

I don't understand it though, as there were big empty blocks which could easily have been passed on to the clubs without any segregation issues. Surely they would have known they wouldn't be using them so why not do something with them?

Would be good if the Football League could name and shame them, especially if a big company or two are responsible.
There were empty seats in both ends but not many. It was mostly the corporate bits around the middle tier which were very sparsely populated, as wells as the bit behind the dugouts which was half-full at best.

It was an incredible game and the Blackpool fans around me were saying they couldn't take any more by half time! Blackpool seemed to tire a lot towards the end but their centre backs cleared everything that came their way. Good to see them go up.

Oh and Cardiff are a bunch of twats, running round on the tube singing about how much they hate England and it's full of shit. Get your own league then. Then maybe you might actually win something for a change?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 21:29:27 »

Oh and Cardiff are a bunch of twats, running round on the tube singing about how much they hate England and it's full of shit. Get your own league then. Then maybe you might actually win something for a change?

Exactly.  They were quite happy to play at our National Stadium and no doubt would have loved England had they won!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 21:36:10 »

Exactly.  They were quite happy to play at our National Stadium and no doubt would have loved England had they won!
Ah well - they had to pay to get out of our country on the way home Cheesy
Doore

« Reply #70 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 21:47:41 »

Against the general consensus, having previously lived in Cardiff for a fair few years, I would have liked to have seen them do it. 

Fair play to Blackpool though, that's one hell of an achievement.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 22:07:28 »

They've got their own league, they just don't want to play in it. Cos they know Nefly Ceflyn Druids (or whatever they're called) would tear them a new one
Spencer_White

« Reply #72 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:43:35 »

Sky Sports News are going on and on about Blackpool's attendances, which is out of order.

Theyve earned their right to be in the top flight, and just like us they have overcome greater odds to do it and well done to them.

Its a sporting competition, not a money making competition.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #73 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:51:07 »

Its a sporting competition, not a money making competition.

Think you'll find it's all about money in the Premier League, or should that be called "The League of Greed"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:56:22 »

I wonder if we or Millwall will do the decent thing and give the losers share of the money to the team that doesn't win, as discussed by Mr Fitton last week.

Apparently the final is worth around £400k to each team but there is an unwritten rule between the chairmen that said the winner shall give the whole share to the losing team because of the new £10mill payment for being part of the Championship next season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: