Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: White Kit  (Read 51353 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #510 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:15:45 »

Did you get to see the game today Rich?

n'ah, couldn't afford the travel costs. To busy re-pricing the collectors edition of Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

I watched it alone in a pub. Wallowing in self pity.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:16:42 »

There's a collectors edition!  No one told me!

Never knowingly overstated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:18:27 »

I was a bit pissed off when I found out, but at the end of the day didn't feel it was something worth going mental about.

When the players came out in white, it reinforced that feeling and felt a bit wrong, but again, it was a fairly minor point in the day.

Not something worth writing a manifesto over.

And whilst I'm upset about today, the whole white kit fiasco would be misdirected anger right now.

You don't give a shit, I give a big massive shit..that's what makes the world go round.

It's not misdirected anger though as I've already said in other threads that it was a rank piss poor performance and it's that, that I'm really pissed off about.
flammableBen

« Reply #513 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:20:23 »

You don't give a shit, I give a big massive shit..that's what makes the world go round.

It's not misdirected anger though as I've already said in other threads that it was a rank piss poor performance and it's that, that I'm really pissed off about.

Fair enough, I was really just answering your question.

Interesting..and that's what I'd like to know...all the "Ooooh, I couldn't care less" brigade....how did they actually feel when the teams came out on to the pitch? Hmmm
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 22:25:12 »

n'ah, couldn't afford the travel costs. To busy re-pricing the collectors edition of Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

I watched it alone in a pub. Wallowing in self pity.

I watched it with 31,999 others wallowing in self pity....you did the right thing Cool

« Last Edit: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 07:48:41 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Saturday, May 29, 2010, 23:17:58 »

Would also like to point out to those of you that don't know, the team didn't travel on the normal Four Four Two sponsored coach.  You know, the one they've used all season?!  Oh no, it was a bloody Barnes coach with a board in saying Swindon Town Team Coach.  Obviously again to do with the EA being sponsors today.  Absolute joke!

Yet it was the 442 coach they got off of on the Sky... Strange cos on the way home my brother was sure it passed us on the otherside of the M4

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 10:37:56 »

my heart sank a bit when the team came out in the away kit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 10:45:56 »

Not happy but as Rich P says, I'm not going to let it dominate the week - they're clearly not going to change it, so we may as well focus on enjoying the build-up, getting behind the players etc. But they'd better fucking win in it.
And they didn't. So no more of this pissing about with shirt colours please. We play in red unless a change is forced on us by clashing with the opposition's colours. I know the shirt colour made absolutely no difference to the abject performance yesterday, but that was supposed to be the point, wasn't it? That whether due to superstition/some bollocks about the heat the players wanted to play in white because it would help them. Well it clearly didn't, as they totally failed to turn up. After that, I don't ever again want to hear that the players have some right of veto over our identity.
SarumRed

« Reply #518 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 10:52:04 »

I can almost feel the heat of your anger Paul! Try hitting the keyboard harder. Agree entirely. Many of these players will be history within weeks and we'll still be here. Well, some of us. 
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:05:16 »

OK, before I go any further, we lost because we were not good enough...but...

The pitch was a joke, cost Austin a goal and us a way back into the game.
The ticketing for the semi finals was not good, but the board have learned the lessons of previous errors (like Malpas) and I fully expect them to learn from this one too.
The decision to play in white was a joke.  If the players prefer to play in white, let them join Milton Keynes.  The decision created unnecessary problems that could easily have been avoided, by wearing red, of course.  The team looked wrong all game in the white kit.  I hope the board learn from this mistake also.

I need to finish this post by saying the board are generally superb, what they have achieved so far, are currently achieving and will achieve in future makes me proud to be a Town fan.  The management and players also, and I thank them for all their efforts over the season and am looking forward to next year with renewed confidence.  Thank you one and all (except Hutchinson).

Just play in red next time, OK.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:07:54 »

I need to finish this post by saying the board are generally superb, what they have achieved so far, are currently achieving and will achieve in future makes me proud to be a Town fan.  The management and players also, and I thank them for all their efforts over the season and am looking forward to next year with renewed confidence.  Thank you one and all (except Hutchinson).

Ditto. Great post donkey

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:15:13 »

The ticketing for the semi finals was not good, but the board have learned the lessons of previous errors (like Malpas) and I fully expect them to learn from this one too.
The decision to play in white was a joke.  If the players prefer to play in white, let them join Milton Keynes.  The decision created unnecessary problems that could easily have been avoided, by wearing red, of course.  The team looked wrong all game in the white kit.  I hope the board learn from this mistake also.

everything in this post i agree with 100%
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:17:16 »

I don't ever again want to hear that the players have some right of veto over our identity.

That is brilliant. I just fucking love the way you put things Mr D  Clap
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:29:04 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:18:38 »

I love this also. Exactly right.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 11:26:15 »

Bloody kit lost us that game. What a joke!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: