Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Lucas deffo going to be fit for Wembley  (Read 8358 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 13:19:30 »

As a man of the classics, surely Iliad.
Oh bugger. Now that was just a typo. I'm having a mare today.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 13:20:29 »

Oh bugger. Now that was just a typo. I'm having a mare today.

Not your diem is it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 13:22:58 »

Not your diem is it.
No, but I'm not going to carpe about it
laufav

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 13:33:56 »

I realise I'm in a minority. But I think Smith is a better keeper.

They're almost total opposites, so it's hard to compare them. Lucas is more vocal and better at dealing with crosses. But Smith is more agile and a better shot stopper. He definitely makes saves that Lucas wouldn't get near, which, IMHO, makes him more of a potential 'matchwinner' (i.e. Southampton away).

Very humble, modest guy too, who I would guess is on a fraction of Lucas's wage. Excellent person to have in the squad.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 13:54:09 »

didnt say he was droped cus he was going to leeds, all i hurd was that was off to leeds n we were guna use the money to buy wardy.
I think people are confusing you with thrasher. I know I was for a bit. Whilst this is slightly unfair, you'd probably help your own cause a great deal by not talking crap (for example, suggesting we're going to sell a player to Leeds who everybody knows is out of contract)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:01:08 »

This studs retard is clearly some sort of Leeds supporting troll.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
glos_robin

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:37:05 »

But Smith is more agile and a better shot stopper. He definitely makes saves that Lucas wouldn't get near, which, IMHO, makes him more of a potential 'matchwinner' (i.e. Southampton away).

I dunno about that.........at matches like Wrexham and Huddersfield away Lucas made strings of world class saves that kept us in both games. I would say they're on a par shot stopping wise but when it comes to communication, kicking and dealing with high balls Lucas is a class apart, he catches crosses that many keeps would punch which is reassuring to the defenders.

With Greer out if anywhere near fit Lucas has to play as his communication will be vital to the defence as there isn't really another natural talker in there. Lucas is our number 1, has been all season and if he's able to play I'm sure he will.......I'm sure Smith realises he's 2nd choice and will as such stand in when required and do a good job but accept being on the bench most of the time no questions asked.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:40:18 »

Very humble, modest guy too, who I would guess is on a fraction of Lucas's wage. Excellent person to have in the squad.
I would guess so too, as I saw him arrive at the County Ground car park before the Charlton game in a little L reg maroon Fiesta. Bless him Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:48:33 »

Can we not just all agree that we are very lucky to have two excellent keepers of whom David Lucas is currently number 1 but should he be unavailable, Smithy is an excellent substitute? And, of course, that studs is either a troll or an idiot
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:53:42 »

Can we not just all agree that we are very lucky to have two excellent keepers of whom David Lucas is currently number 1 but should he be unavailable, Smithy is an excellent substitute? And, of course, that studs is either a troll or an idiot

I concur
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:53:58 »

Group hug!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 16:57:30 »

And, of course, that studs is either a troll or an idiot

Whichever of those things he is, he's clearly a complete cunt.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 17:07:23 »

I would guess so too, as I saw him arrive at the County Ground car park before the Charlton game in a little L reg maroon Fiesta. Bless him Smiley

Surely not?  He must get the piss ripped out of him by the other players with their BMWs and Audis!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 17:08:27 »

On another note, has anyone seen the Polish guy play for the reserves?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 17:10:55 »

Yes. He is shit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: