Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley Pubs thread  (Read 66523 times)
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 14:29:04 »

Some of my family live in Hitchin. Fancy that. They're all Spurs fans though. Sad

from my observations it's mainly Arsenal fans in Hitchin due to train service to Finsbury Park. Spurs fans tend to live in East Herts and Essex
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:26:44 »

Marylebone sounds a good shout. So long as its full of town fans I'm not fussed
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:44:00 »

I'm tempted to retrace my steps from 1993 which would mean parking at Northfields and having a few in The Plough before heading up on the Tube. If only it was my 25th birthday again as well!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 17:06:44 »

Drinking round wembley will depend on where they put Millwall fans i suppose
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 20:18:44 »

that is true. where is best though. we travel into Wembley Stadium

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 20:20:51 »

Marylebone sounds a good shout. So long as its full of town fans I'm not fussed

It will be pretty packed round there, and will be all town fans.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 20:43:25 »

Everywhere is going to be packed to be fair.
sn5_red

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 20:51:59 »

wembley high road. simples

will be swamped with old bill too
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 20:57:52 »

Wembley Central for me (our side of the ground) I will be doing the tube via Willesden Junction to avoid the possible Baker Street congestion. There is a pub I went to in Harlesden (2 stops down) about 12 years ago when I went to see England.
Red Away Kit

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 21:42:56 »

Having lived in London Town for a number of years I thought it best that I should pass on some pub knowledge.

Wembley is a nightmare for getting into pubs let alone getting served.

My suggestion is to get off at Kilburn (only a few stops away from Wembley Park) and head to either The North London Tavern or Brondes Age.
Both are 2 mins away from the tube station and much easier to get served.

Hope this of use to some.

Although Swindon are situated to the West side of the stadium, it is a racing certainty that Millwall will be allocated some of the major pubs around the stadium. Millwall had the east seating area last year, but had loads of the big pubs [The Green Man] to the West of the stadium as well. Drinking at Baker St would be foolish ... unless you like to mix it with Millwall. There are no drinking restrictions on the day, with most pubs open by 11am latest ... maybe earlier as the local pubs get special dispensation on event days.

Regards Wills
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 21:43:54 »

Will probably start in marylebone/baker street then tube it to wembley park..will probably start drinking on the train from Croydon beforehands

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 22:12:43 »

Although Swindon are situated to the West side of the stadium, it is a racing certainty that Millwall will be allocated some of the major pubs around the stadium. Millwall had the east seating area last year, but had loads of the big pubs [The Green Man] to the West of the stadium as well. Drinking at Baker St would be foolish ... unless you like to mix it with Millwall. There are no drinking restrictions on the day, with most pubs open by 11am latest ... maybe earlier as the local pubs get special dispensation on event days.

Second attempt ... doh!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 00:22:21 »

We started off in 93 in the Master Brewer in Hillingdon - good place to park, drink & hop on the tube - and it was full of Town fans. The reason for this post is that we noticed on Monday, when we went through Hillingdon, that said pub is now a pile of rubble. Quite sad cos we used that place for over 20 years for England games.

Just wanted to advise anyone who was thinking of going there next Sat. There is another pub right next to the tube station there but it's pretty small, esp compared to the Brewer. 
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 13:10:50 »

interestin link to where their mob think they'll be drinking

http://www.hof.org.uk/showthread.php?t=6743&p=58731&viewfull=1
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 13:52:38 »

also noticed on that thread mention of a tube strike that day...cant see anything on t'net though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: