Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wembley Pubs thread  (Read 67133 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 11:14:59 »

Mitchell and Webb live in Kilburn, just to let you know

As does the old drunks misses when dreaming in An All American National Sport, right Carter fans.
Jobi

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 09:03:58 »

........so where's everyone meeting for pre-Wembley beverages? Is it bettter to stop of before Wembley?
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 09:31:30 »

Any town fans going to be around Marylebone at lunch time-ish. My dad and I are going down from Manchester and were planning on having a feww in Laaaandan before jumping on the 10 minute train into Wembley. Don't think I can be arsed with the hassle of getting a beer outside the ground.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 09:42:53 »

If those cockney psychos want the green man let 'em have it - im sure there's plenty of other pubs we can use - want to enjoy the day not interested in a scrap tbh  Beers
Jobi

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:36:12 »

If those cockney psychos want the green man let 'em have it - im sure there's plenty of other pubs we can use - want to enjoy the day not interested in a scrap tbh  Beers

agreed and tbh i dont know London at all so i'd rather be with my own town fans than stroll into a boozer with a shed load of Millwall fans staring at me...if ya know what I mean
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 11:52:47 »

If they want the Green Man, let them have it.

We can just take over Bermondsey instead. Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 12:32:10 »

I honestly couldn't give a shit what pub Millwall want to drink in.

I'm going to enjoy the day and see Swindon get promoted Smiley
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 12:57:51 »

i think because of the number of swindon arriving compared to what scunny had last year we will easily get the greenman pub.

as for the weather i think it'll be ace

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Wembley-UKXX1158

Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 13:00:34 »

They're going to The Greenman regardless if they're allocated it or not.

I reckon heading there is a bad move.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 13:11:03 »

personally i don't. the police wont let Millwall that side of the stadium for drinking

migzy

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 13:22:13 »

Any town fans going to be around Marylebone at lunch time-ish. My dad and I are going down from Manchester and were planning on having a feww in Laaaandan before jumping on the 10 minute train into Wembley. Don't think I can be arsed with the hassle of getting a beer outside the ground.

Quite a few of us are heading there very early - should avoid the congestion on the tubes and Millwall, plus loads of good pubs.
quigzy

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 14:47:45 »

personally i don't. the police wont let Millwall that side of the stadium for drinking

Nonsense. There are no pubs on the east side of the stadium, and the ones we've been "allocated" are still on the west side, just north a bit. Plenty of 'wall will be walking past the Green man to get to the stadium anyway.

The main problem though is that the majority will just head there because that's where we were last year. As Scunny only took a handful of fans we had pretty much all the pubs, but most people went to the Green man. They will just automatically head there again.

The pubs aren't officially allocated until Wednesday/Thursday anyway and the reason they wait is for stuff like this. Even if you do officially get it, most people would already have made their plans by then, and how many of the 38k Millwall check the website everyday anyway?

And how exactly are the police going to stop a decent proportion of 38k Millwall from drinking exactly where they want to? Most of the Swindon fans will be avoiding it like the plague now anyway. The Green man will be ours, the only question is whether the Old Bill will give it to us beforehand, or be forced to take the path of least resistance (as they always do) and decide to start shepherding thousands of Millwall in, and dozens of Swindon out instead of the other way round.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #117 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 15:07:25 »

You should try and take the west side of the stadium too. I reckon if you get their early enough you can do it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 15:09:59 »

[url width=300 height=353]http://www.katiekeeton.com/blog/content/binary/Sacha_Baron_Cohen_small.jpg[/url]

West side iz da best
quigzy

« Reply #119 on: Sunday, May 23, 2010, 15:10:24 »

You should try and take the west side of the stadium too. I reckon if you get their early enough you can do it.

That's really funny. Honestly. Well done you.

Most people will just want to go to the pub they went in last year. Lot's of others will just to take a pub that isn't theirs. Either way, I wouldn't go there If I was a Swindon fan.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: