Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 10 days until Wembley :D  (Read 9947 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:07:59 »

a lot of these so-called bandwagon jumpers are probably town fans who are exiled fans, people who can't justify the cost of football, people whose circumstances prevent them from watching the town as often as they'd like et cetera. they shouldn't miss out on the biggest day for the club in the last decade just because they haven't been to carlisle away.

Totally agree sy, "plastics" actually make me happy, because it shows the heart is there and therefore the potential to grow again.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:10:44 »

the ticket allocation is the only real fuck up the club have made this year.but a fuck up nonetheless.
no regard has been shown for a large chunk of fans, which is disapointing.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:11:40 »

7-8,000 at home when we're doing well, 36,000 at wembley?

thats 28,000 bandwagon jumpers in anyones language - but who's complaining!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:15:53 »

the ticket allocation is the only real fuck up the club have made this year.but a fuck up nonetheless.

i think it's partly due to the logistics of it - if the club are going to shift 37,500 tickets without massive queues then they will need to outsource the sales which has made it a lot quicker and a lot easier for season ticket holders.

unfortunately, the whole ticket stub thing is impossible to implement if the sales are outsourced. i don't think it's fair to blame the club, i imagine they weighed up the situation in advance and felt that this was the best solution.

there is no way the club could handle online sales themselves. i suppose a compromise would have been to let non season ticket holders with x amount of stubs to buy from the county ground in person or over the phone but this would lead to the allocation being split, people not being able to sit together, etc etc
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:17:14 »

But that assumes that it's always the same 7-8000 every home game, which it's not.

Still, there are quite a few people coming out of the woodwork and asking about tickets.

7-8,000 at home when we're doing well, 36,000 at wembley?

thats 28,000 bandwagon jumpers in anyones language - but who's complaining!!
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:20:30 »

I think it's frustrating for people who go to home and away games, not all, but a fair few, but don't have season tickets, and have no way of getting tickets before they go on general sale.

That said I've got mine through a friend, and hopefully there should be enough that everyone who wants one gets one

I would imagine most people who go to "a fair few" games know a season ticket holder.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:21:01 »

I can't go to Wembley  Sad Sad I went in 93 when we beat Leicester and have been to quite a few games this season and never seen us lose but i'm up north and i can't afford to travel down or pay for my ticket, I've got kids and i am a lone parent who is not working, My own parents wouldn't help me out despite the fact they are going so i'm really gutted that i can't make it this time, After waiting 17 years to go back to Wembley i obviously really wanted to go back and hopefully see us win again but i'll have to hope that we might get to Wembley again one day.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:22:54 »

Last season I came across to 8 games, we lost 7 and drew 1.

This season in an infinately better season I have been to less games (mainly as I was due to got to Leeds and Southampton got moved from the weekend) including the debacle at home to Wovers and the feeble 1-1 draw at home to Wycombe and the 2 draws with Charlton so thought that my luck was continuing! However the last game I went to was 3-0 at home to Tranmere.

Repeat of my last game will do me just fine!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:25:07 »

I can't go to Wembley  Sad Sad I went in 93 when we beat Leicester and have been to quite a few games this season and never seen us lose but i'm up north and i can't afford to travel down or pay for my ticket, I've got kids and i am a lone parent who is not working, My own parents wouldn't help me out despite the fact they are going so i'm really gutted that i can't make it this time, After waiting 17 years to go back to Wembley i obviously really wanted to go back and hopefully see us win again but i'll have to hope that we might get to Wembley again one day.

fuck it.i'd gladly chip in a couple of quid so you can go.any others wanna help this town fan out?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:25:48 »

Do you write to lottery winners ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:27:20 »

Oh come on. We've got an initial allocation of 37000, and from what Nick Watkins said, can apply for more if needed. No-one's going to miss out. I'll bare my arse in Woolworths window etc etc

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:30:14 »

Oh come on. We've got an initial allocation of 37000, and from what Nick Watkins said, can apply for more if needed. No-one's going to miss out. I'll bare my arse in Woolworths window etc etc

i aint liked the way they've dealt with tickets recently.whether we sell out or not is irrelivant.
some fans get treated like royalty,others disregarded completely.

not moaning as i'll get a ticket.just how i see it
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:31:24 »

Do you write to lottery winners ?

Grin I'm not looking for sympathy just generally gutted about missing out on the experience as it's a one-off and a great day out.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:32:08 »

But that assumes that it's always the same 7-8000 every home game, which it's not.

Still, there are quite a few people coming out of the woodwork and asking about tickets.

I don't know, I'd say they vast majority at home are regulars, its not like we've got 4000 season ticket holders and no one else goes every other week. hard to quantify.

give a fuck either way! plenty tickets to go around, I feel for the people who are struggling to get tickets because of postcode etc, doesn't seem fair but hard to know how to overcome that. I guess the best chance is to get someone with local postcode to sort you out?

as for the bandwagon jumpers, its inevitable! everyone has to make some level of sacrifice to get to the football, some people don't make that sacrifice until we get to wembley, some people go home and away every week, they aint all rich thats for sure just differing priorities

that reminds me, I pulled into the cg on the way home yesterday about 730pm, didn't know how they were sorting the tickets at this point. theres a swindon fan lying down outside the ticket office entrance ready for when they open the next morning!!

only dawned on me this morning that he would have stayed out overnight then been told to go back home and get online for his tickets poor bastad!! he didnt have a sleeping bag or anything just some danish pastries

he deserves a ticket!!

pride_of_wilts

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 13:33:39 »

fuck it.i'd gladly chip in a couple of quid so you can go.any others wanna help this town fan out?

Cheers, You're very kind  Smiley I'd never expect anyone to help me out though especially not people i don't know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: