Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How worried ...  (Read 4058 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 18:47:49 »

....would you be if (a)one or(b) all of Lucas,Sheehan or Paynter didn't make it?Me,bricking it if Sheehan wasn't fit,sort of worried if Lucas missed out but strangely not too bothered if Paynter doesn't recover.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 18:51:16 »

....would you be if (a)one or(b) all of Lucas,Sheehan or Paynter didn't make it?Me,bricking it if Sheehan wasn't fit,sort of worried if Lucas missed out but strangely not too bothered if Paynter doesn't recover.

Sheehan not being fit wouldn't be the end of the world, Darby could play left back, As for Paynter i'm not sure, Ward & Austin can play upfront well together as proven in the semi's but i really don't want O'Brien playing in the final as his crossing was absolutely terrible.

I'd much rather Lucas played as i'm more confident with him in goal, Not saying Smith is a bad keeper because he's done well most of the time he has played but Lucas is the better all round keeper.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 18:54:33 »

The one I would least want to miss out would be Lucas. Smith is a decent keeper but he gives me a few too many 'heart in the mouth' moments on crosses.

Sheehan misses out, Darby moves to LB, Amankwaah plays RB
Paynter misses out, Ward plays up front, O'Brien plays wide left.

I'm ok with both of those scenarios. It wouldn't be the end of the world if all three missed out. My guess is thhough that they will all  play.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 18:56:42 »

Worried mostly about Billy. Top scorer and all. Sheehan wouldn't be the end of the world. Lucas has a decent replacement so not worried about that.
Barry Scott

« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 18:58:52 »

I'd be concerned but i think we've shown we can cope well with adversity this season, mainly because, apart from Dougie, there isn't a player we can't live without.

Out of the 3 i'd probably be most concerned with Sheehan.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:01:06 »

They'd all be missed as they all played a big part. Lucas and Paynter deserve to be in that XI.

Alan O'Brien has it sussed though. He misses pratically an entire season and makes it to Wembley!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:02:51 »

Worried about none of them

Phil Smith has come in and had plenty of decent games this season.

Ward is a top quality striker who can obviously do a job upfront. Taking into account the complete lack of football this season O'Brien has done a decent job recently

Sheehan, again not fussed unless LJF plays LB. That would worry me a bit but Darby in at left back and Big Kev at RB is good enough.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:04:10 »

i thought lecsinel looked solid at centre-half, less so at left-back. however, darby played well at left-back - though not so well at right-back - so if sheehan does miss out, i think we'll cope.

smith is a very good shot stopper but makes me nervous as hell on crosses so i'm hoping lucas is fit.

paynter must start, he's our top scorer. no brainer.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:04:40 »

Think Lucas will make it...Billy has shown he is a big game player so i want him in,think the defence is pretty good whoever plays to be honest.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:07:10 »

Paynter for me.Got a feeling he will see this as a big chance to put himself in the shop window and put in a good performance.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:11:01 »

Paynter for me.Got a feeling he will see this as a big chance to put himself in the shop window and put in a good performance.

To be fair Dean 4 in 2 v Leeds has already done that!
Know what your getting at though and we need someone to get stuck in to there defenders...also lets put someone with some pace up against Jack Smith...hes shit scared up against pace.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:15:54 »

To be fair Dean 4 in 2 v Leeds has already done that!
Know what your getting at though and we need someone to get stuck in to there defenders...also lets put someone with some pace up against Jack Smith...hes shit scared up against pace.

Smith might not play if their player of the year Dunne is fit.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:30:43 »

Personally if Sheehan is missing we lose a lot of threat down the left, he's most important for me followed by Lucas. Billy is improtant but i think he was on a roll that the injury may have broken up, besides we have Ward and Paynter.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 19:44:34 »

Personally if Sheehan is missing we lose a lot of threat down the left, he's most important for me followed by Lucas. Billy is improtant but i think he was on a roll that the injury may have broken up, besides we have Ward and Paynter.

We have Ward and Austin?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 24, 2010, 20:32:40 »

There's a brief interview with Lucas on the O.S. He was training today so I imagine he'll be fine. I think all of them will play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: