Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 2nd leg Charlton Athletic V Swindon Town Official matchday thread  (Read 67113 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:09:11 »

Totally fantastic night, atmosphere was superb, you do get the impression that their sending off was deliberate that he was taking one for the team to take that risk, Charlie was out on his feet along wiht most others but they found that energy to keep it going and for it to be the younger lads that step up to take the penalties I think shows the spirit and work ethic in the team.

Bring on Wembley - So proud to be a Swindon Supporter today
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:11:50 »

I bloody love football.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:15:20 »

That's the one faint hope I'm clinging to!

Noooooooooo! Keep the ash away!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:28:47 »

Liverpool are about the only English team who can claim to be shit hot in penalty shoot-outs.

Back to what's important though: best Town team since '93. Ability, fight, bottle, the lot. Come on you fucking Reds!!!

I may have got carried away in the excitement last night. If anyone from the 1996 title-winning side is reading this (are you out there, Kevin Horlock?) then I apologise. Best since then though, definitely :-)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #634 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:32:35 »

And by the way, I've not seen the penalties yet.

When the whistle went after 120 mins, I knew I had to do what I did at Wembley for Bodin's penalty in 1993...turned my back.  I spent the next 10 minutes looking backwards and listening to a kick by kick commentary from the lads around me.  It seemed to work.  Apparently, Amankwaah's was the best kick of the night.

and then he celebrated in front of the Charlton fans! Awesome
Spencer_White

« Reply #635 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:37:27 »

Got to be honest, I didnt enjoy that game. Unlike the home tie, which was a fantastic game. When Greer got sent off I really thought that it was over. When Ward scored I just thought it was going to be some other scheme to deny us in an even crueler (sp?) way.

The 15 minutes in the ground after the penalties were fantastic.

Ive got to say the lads were fantastic with the penalties. They looked like they had so much confidence and desire.

And Danny Ward - Best Swindon loan player ever.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 09:03:01 »

and then he celebrated in front of the Charlton fans! Awesome

Yeah that was great. Looked like he did this angry sort of celebration. A bit Stuart Pearce.  Cheesy

Quote from: Spencer_White
And Danny Ward - Best Swindon loan player ever.

I was thinking about that this morning too.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 09:20:14 »

if we get promoted i believe we have a better chance of signing Danny Ward.

He was overwhelmed after the game last night talking about our support etc

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 09:22:23 »

one of the greatest nights since football was invented.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 09:35:12 »

by the way, badge-kissing man was mark hanrahan! Please mock as you see fit!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 09:35:17 »

Blimey we don't make it easy do we? And when it went to penalties in front of the home end, memories of Brighton, Wolves and Barnet came flooding back. Have penalties ever been so comprehensively and confidently dispatched by a Town team before? Brilliant.

Hope everyone got home ok from Didcot Station, never seen so many taxis outside the station.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 09:41:38 »

by the way, badge-kissing man was mark hanrahan! Please mock as you see fit!

commentator - "it's time to kiss the badge" Soapy Tit Wank
palace-fan

« Reply #642 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 09:52:32 »

Palace fan in peace. I'm sure that i speak for every palace fan when i say cheers for keeping those clowns down where they belong, nothing is better than watching a load of those pikey chavs crying on t.v! Hopefully you can beat the scum or the dirty northerners and get back where you belong! Good luck in the final. Btw, that song was amazing, YOUR JUST A SH*T CRYSTAL PALACE, SH*T CRYSTAL PALACE! Cheers again Lads and up the Swindon!
Spencer_White

« Reply #643 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 10:02:43 »

Dont milk it too much, or we'll be singing 'shit charlton athletic' at you lot next season!  Cheesy
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 10:13:17 »

And by the way, I've not seen the penalties yet.

When the whistle went after 120 mins, I knew I had to do what I did at Wembley for Bodin's penalty in 1993...turned my back.  I spent the next 10 minutes looking backwards and listening to a kick by kick commentary from the lads around me.  It seemed to work.  Apparently, Amankwaah's was the best kick of the night.

Saw someone a couple of rows in front turn their back for the pens, glad I didn't as the boys were great. Not sure why that confidence and nerve came from.

This football lark is very stressful!   Head Hurts
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: