Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 2nd leg Charlton Athletic V Swindon Town Official matchday thread  (Read 67105 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 04:17:39 »

Ive not been to bed yet!

Still buzzing!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 04:23:31 »

Me neither. Got in at 2 just finished watching the game. Shower, some breakfast and off to work

YOU REDS
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 05:11:21 »

Had 4 hours sleep - woke at 4, tried for ages to get back to sleep, but ended up coming on here and have just read the whole thread from start to finish - what an AMAZING night!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 06:05:05 »

Oh my word do I feel good this morning.

got back at 2 just in time to see the highlights.   Now off to work for an early meeting, but I don't care!

There were so many good bits I wouldn't know where to start.

I also have Timlin's shirt - good catch by friend of mine.

CRACKER !
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 06:20:42 »

and ended up in, get this, this shit is almost as mental as my mate, Jonathan Douglas's Uncle's pub! How mental is that? Eh?

HAH! HAH! Mental Clap

Where's the pub?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:01:32 »

Waiting for the highlights on SSN, I'm going to go batshit crazy all over again...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:02:58 »

Our keepers injured, Smith flapped and Ferry scored an own goal. Derby missed a tackle and we go 2-0 down, away, at the valley. Greer loses his head, and sees read.  Our leading scorer is not firing on all cylinders. We were dead and buried with the only thing to cling on to is the fact one Town goal would change the tie again, but it might as well be 100 we are playing that badly.

What happened next?

Unfuckingbeleivable!

The way we dug in and fought for it was immense. Sure we had a bit of luck on the night, but that balances against the goals we should have scored on Friday.

Have to say Smith had a superb second half, and all the lads handled the pressure of the penalty shootout with far more composure than I did!

Wembley, Wembley, we're the famous Swindon Town and we're going to Wembley!

In an odd way Greer getting sent off helped us a lot. It  meant JFL went to centre back where he peformed about a million times better than he had at left back.

Amankwaah added something going forward. JPM looked a lot better in the middle and Charlton didn't know where Ward was playing...

Its galvanised us and we raised our game. We've not had that sort of spirit for years.

Agree 100%. LJF was superb when he switched to centre back.
-----------------

Did Gazza get back from Didcot?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:08:24 »

SSN now for highlights.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #623 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:15:06 »

Greer has been off the pace last 5 odd games but feel sorry for the bloke. Captained the team all season and misses the finale but he cant complain over the sending off.

Have you actually been to any of the games. He was brilliant at Millwall and has been excellent this season
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:21:05 »

Got home just before 4.00. Dead on my feet and off to work in a bit.

I fucking loved last night! Fans were great, players showed immense spirit and Swindon are off to Wembley!

Shame I can't be there, but at least I can say I was at the Valley for one of the most exciting, tense games I've ever witnessed.

Enjoy the day Town fans (And bandwagon jumpers) hopefully we'll be watching Championship football next season.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:28:09 »

I'll do an ash cloud dance for you Herthab
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:38:49 »

I'll do an ash cloud dance for you Herthab

That's the one faint hope I'm clinging to!

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:46:53 »

And by the way, I've not seen the penalties yet.

When the whistle went after 120 mins, I knew I had to do what I did at Wembley for Bodin's penalty in 1993...turned my back.  I spent the next 10 minutes looking backwards and listening to a kick by kick commentary from the lads around me.  It seemed to work.  Apparently, Amankwaah's was the best kick of the night.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 07:49:20 »

Apparently, Amankwaah's was the best kick of the night.

Best of ours, yes. Although it was the only one their keeper got near to.

Richardson's was probably the best of the lot. Blasted into the top corner.
GreenwichRed

« Reply #629 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 08:01:23 »

And by the way, I've not seen the penalties yet.

When the whistle went after 120 mins, I knew I had to do what I did at Wembley for Bodin's penalty in 1993...turned my back.  I spent the next 10 minutes looking backwards and listening to a kick by kick commentary from the lads around me.  It seemed to work.  Apparently, Amankwaah's was the best kick of the night.

Good to see you last night old bean. I couldn't believe you were actually going to do that. Of course, you know what you need to do at Wembley if a similar situation should present itself... 
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: