Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 2nd leg Charlton Athletic V Swindon Town Official matchday thread  (Read 67149 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #585 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 23:23:35 »

I however am going to bed. Goodnight all. I'm sure I'll have a quadrouple fisted cuntfull to read through as I try to wake up with my cup of tea tomorrow morning.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 23:27:42 »

In an odd way Greer getting sent off helped us a lot. It  meant JFL went to centre back where he peformed about a million times better than he had at left back.

Amankwaah added something going forward. JPM looked a lot better in the middle and Charlton didn't know where Ward was playing...

Its galvanised us and we raised our game. We've not had that sort of spirit for years.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 23:38:16 »

I love nights like this, they don't happen very often.

Oh, and after just reading through this thread I would like to just say to the gayer fan, Leeds fan and Boobies  Smug Fuck Off

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 23:38:28 »

Just call me Nostradamus...

The moral: we're going to be OK...just.  It's going to be a close run thing, and at one point it's going to seem as if all is lost.  (We may even lose on the night this evening.)  But don't worry.  At the last minute (probably at around 9.50pm next Monday), we're going to pull this one out of the bag.  We're going to show them.

We're going to Wembley!!

Believe it.

Got back home a short while ago.  Quite simply one of the best nights in years I've had as a Town fan.  Everyone who was there will remember it.  Didn't look good at one stage, but we didn't give up...players & fans alike.

Nearly two hours later and I'm still buzzing.  Chances of getting to sleep any time soon are slim.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 23:43:01 »

Why have I followed fucking Swindon for 45 years.........

Cos I love em........Swin  don, Swin don, Swin don

U Reds

SCM

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 23:55:30 »

I fucking love this football club.

Believe in Wilson. The Reds are going up.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 23:58:51 »

i've been a swindon fan since i was old enough to understand what football was. I dont think i have ever been as proud of my team and our fans as i am tonight. WE were fucking immense, see you all at Wembley!!!!
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 00:06:23 »

If you were there, you were fucking immense. If not the guys and girls that were there, were fucking immense.

Had a shiver every time Town songs blasted through on the tele. Charlton's were decent for half an hour then it was all Town vocally.

Really hasn't sunk it yet but i'm pissed as a fart. Can't stop smiling. Had a wander outside to see Town fans dancing on the magic roundabout. Special evening.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 00:37:20 »

Just got in, banging head, sore throat and drained off all emotion.  Who gives a fuck - WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too tired to analyse the game in detail, but a few things:

The support for Swindon tonight was absolutely superb and I was proud to be a part of it.
Charlton can't play football and their support was shite.  The referee was a joke.
When Greer got sent off (couldn't really see it, so can't comment until I've seen a replay, altho my brother who watched it on TV says it was deserved?), I genuinely thought we were dead and buried as did the majority of people around me.  Just goes to show what I know!
With all the odds stacked against us from the minute Lucas went off, we battled and never gave up. I love each and everyone of you that wore the blue shirt tonight with all my heart.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 00:56:58 »

Wow!

Against all odds, somehow, we've done it. What a great night. The whole team were awesome, but special mentions to Smith who came in and did a superb job; McGovern, who never stopped running and was a class above when he moved inside later in the game and Darby for having the balls to step up and take that last penalty.

Brilliant support tonight, must've looked like right nut-jobs with the flares at the end.  Cheesy
DMR

« Reply #595 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 00:57:57 »

In an odd way Greer getting sent off helped us a lot. It  meant JFL went to centre back where he peformed about a million times better than he had at left back.

Amankwaah added something going forward. JPM looked a lot better in the middle and Charlton didn't know where Ward was playing...

Its galvanised us and we raised our game. We've not had that sort of spirit for years.

I think it's a bit more simple than that mate, I think it helped cos Greer was all over the place and generally a bit crap. I think GG could be my new O'Hanlon, I fucking love the rest of the side and need someone who everyone else bums to pick out for the DMR treatment.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 01:25:28 »

Not long been back. Been through all the motions tonight and for that reason i'd class it as the best game of football i've ever seen live. Amazing. I must confess i'd given up at half time. Thought that at 2-0 we'd blown it and it got worse when Greer went off. I felt so deflated. We stuck at it though and always kept believing. Got a little lucky with the goal but overall in the tie we deserved to force ET. When Charlie was through at the end of normal time I thought he was going to score. Deffo a sending off and I think their lad knew it.

I managed to watch all of ET. Don't know how but I did. Got the feeling it was going to be our night as they hit the post and missed a sitter in the 2nd half of ET. Then penalties. I was consigned to defeat but couldn't believe Bailey did a Beckham. Classic moment. Then we go and score all 5 of ours. Magnifico! What an amazing feeling espeically after Brighton in 04. Great night and great to be there.

Onto Wembley. The lads have done us proud. Greer will not play but for the record he has been superb this season. Feel for him but i'm sure he'll survive if we go up. Oh and word for Phil Smith. How fucking good was he tonight when he came on for Lucas? Superb. Never been prouder as an STFC fan as I am tonight tbh.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 01:27:56 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 01:42:21 »

Just got in - would have been earlier except for the 30-40 minutes dancing, singing, celebrating inside and outside the ground. What a fucking night. You couldn't have scripted it:
1st choice keeper out to injury in first couple of minutes
Ref even more "under orders" than on Friday
Go two goals down, second just before half time
Captain gets sent off leaving an already pretty tired looking remaining 10 to work their nuts off even more
At this point, it seems like it should just be "Let's try and keep the score respectable" but, no, no-one ever gave up, not the players, not the fans.
And to win like that, in that way, after Brighton and Barnet, just fucking amazing.

Austin, Ward and Darby must have balls the size of tractor tyres the way they kept their cool for the pens.

Dancing around in the away end long after most home fans had left, red smoke bombs going off, singing "Que Sera, Sera" is a memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life and will always raise a smile, no matter how shit I'm feeling.

Just fucking immense, so proud of everyone tonight, fans, players, management, board. After years of unremitting shite, this was fucking tremendous
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #598 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 01:44:32 »

Just got in - would have been earlier except for the 30-40 minutes dancing, singing, celebrating inside and outside the ground. What a fucking night. You couldn't have scripted it:
1st choice keeper out to injury in first couple of minutes
Ref even more "under orders" than on Friday
Go two goals down, second just before half time
Captain gets sent off leaving an already pretty tired looking remaining 10 to work their nuts off even more
At this point, it seems like it should just be "Let's try and keep the score respectable" but, no, no-one ever gave up, not the players, not the fans.
And to win like that, in that way, after Brighton and Barnet, just fucking amazing.

Austin, Ward and Darby must have balls the size of tractor tyres the way they kept their cool for the pens.

Dancing around in the away end long after most home fans had left, red smoke bombs going off, singing "Que Sera, Sera" is a memory that will stay with me for the rest of my life and will always raise a smile, no matter how shit I'm feeling.

Just fucking immense, so proud of everyone tonight, fans, players, management, board. After years of unremitting shite, this was fucking tremendous

Mirrors my feelings exactly, im buzzing!
Talk Talk

« Reply #599 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 01:46:08 »

Smiley

He!

That is all

Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: