Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 2nd leg Charlton Athletic V Swindon Town Official matchday thread  (Read 65700 times)
cafc_greg

« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:17:00 »

Personally, Iffy.....I think you can. We looked so solid in the 5 games prior to playing you lot but your young boys Austin and Ward tore us to shreds on Friday!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:18:46 »

thing is if we park the bus we'll lose. that's a given. we have to approach the game like we did friday

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:22:54 »

Personally, Iffy.....I think you can. We looked so solid in the 5 games prior to playing you lot but your young boys Austin and Ward tore us to shreds on Friday!

Ward is a superb talent as is Austin. Billy was missing as well and normally Ward causes all sorts of havoc from the left with those 2 upfront cashing in from his hard work. Shame Paynter is probably out again tonight but I hope we do have enough in the tank.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:23:26 »

thing is if we park the bus we'll lose. that's a given. we have to approach the game like we did friday

...which is why I'm not cutting my wrists about Pericard's nearly-goal on Friday.  We're Swindon, and we can't defend a lead.  Never have been able to.  We need to have the mentality that there's at least 90 mins of football to play and we have it all to do.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:25:54 »

Greg, I love all this talk by your manager and on your forums of the special atmosphere that will be created at the valley tonight, how the place will be rocking, how swindon will shit themselves etc etc....
Do you think the 3000 swindon fans are going to sit there with their thumbs up their arses for 90mins?
Plus, you have been gracious enough to put a roof on your away stand, in the words of Ali G - 'good acoustic'.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:27:33 »

To be fair to Phil Parkinson, he was hardly going to come out and say "I expect our fans will be shit and we'll lose 4-0" was he?
cafc_greg

« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:29:10 »

Austin is obviously class and destined for Prem in the future but i do actually think Ward was more impressive. A mate of mine from Uni is a Bolton season ticket holder and he has adopted Swindon as his second team over the course of the season due to your link with Ward. He is much bigger and stronger than i thought he would be and coincidentally he doesnt lack pace. Was very impressed with him on Friday and im sure we will have to double up on him tonight if we are to progress!
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:31:25 »

2-0 Town. Both goals just before half time.

Easy street.
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:32:53 »

All you lucky barstards being able to go this evening please think about us poor supporters thousands of miles away
Does anyone know how we can watch this game over the internet....please help.
cafc_greg

« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:34:24 »

Jimmy haha erm like Nemo says what do you expect the geezer to say? If it is anything like the Leeds game then it could have an effect on your boys but then again you have 'climbed bigger mountains this season'. I thought the atmo at the County Ground was terrific although it would be so much better if the away end did have a roof on it. I couldnt even hear our drum standing 20 yards away from it on Friday. All the songs we sang were in groups of 10 all scattered around!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:35:43 »

I couldnt even hear our drum standing 20 yards away from it on Friday.

Fucking blessing in disguise
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:35:48 »

I couldnt even hear our drum standing 20 yards away from it on Friday.

Every cloud has a silver lining.
nochee

« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:36:19 »

Jimmy haha erm like Nemo says what do you expect the geezer to say? If it is anything like the Leeds game then it could have an effect on your boys but then again you have 'climbed bigger mountains this season'. I thought the atmo at the County Ground was terrific although it would be so much better if the away end did have a roof on it. I couldnt even hear our drum standing 20 yards away from it on Friday. All the songs we sang were in groups of 10 all scattered around!

Surely thats a good thing?
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:37:07 »

I was referring more to your forum actually, there does seem to be quite a buzz amongst the CA fans at the moment, but the same applies here...

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:38:30 »

All you lucky barstards being able to go this evening please think about us poor supporters thousands of miles away
Does anyone know how we can watch this game over the internet....please help.

i reckon you will be able to get it online.
you could try justintv.or i'm sure others will have links once the game starts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: