Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 2nd leg Charlton Athletic V Swindon Town Official matchday thread  (Read 66007 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 08:47:31 »

Benzel if you hadn't guessed... Where you drinking beforehand? Goin on the coaches?!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 08:54:57 »

Benzel if you hadn't guessed... Where you drinking beforehand? Goin on the coaches?!

Getting a lift mate. Not sure either. Depends when we get there. Probably just go where everyone else does.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:01:23 »

Need to revise before I leave for an exam tomorrow which I'll struggle to even get too if this match goes to extra time but fuck it, buzzing like hell. Come on Town!
Yeh, I've got exams tomorrow and Wednesday. Not sure how I'm going to focus all day today but as it's already 10am I should crack on with it I suppose. Atleast I have the thought of a potentially amazing evening to spur me on!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:02:24 »

Again I can't see us holding out for a clean sheet so I feel we will concede lets just hope that we can score there, we could do with Paynter up front alongside Austin despite Ward playing brilliantly in the 1st leg.

Unfortunatly I feel it will be a 3-1 defeat in extra time with us taking an early lead getting our hopes up.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:10:18 »

The first goal will be key.  If we get it, puts them under massive pressure.  As the second goal showed on Friday, we can hit them on the counter-attack...so the more they need to push forward, the better.  If they get the first goal, I hope it's not too early on.  We have the advantage right now.  It's a slim one, but an advantage all the same.  Charlton will be acutely aware this morning that a draw is good enough for us.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:15:59 »

I have a bad feeling about this...

2-0 Charlton
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:20:48 »

I'd be tempted to bring Paynter back in if fit. Ward and Austin were great on Monday but tonight will be a different game. If Ward is out wide he still provides the counter-attacking threat, and having Paynter will help when we inevitably end up playing long-ball for periods of the game
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:23:41 »

My one hope is Charlton will know they also have to worry about our counter attack football.They have to worry about us as much as we have to worry about them imo
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:26:25 »

My one hope is Charlton will know they also have to worry about our counter attack football.They have to worry about us as much as we have to worry about them imo

Absolutely right.  The longer they go without scoring, the jumpier they (and their fans) will get and the more we will be able to dictate the game.  We need to frustrate them right from the off and avoid conceding an early goal.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:29:12 »

Oh I agree mate, fully.

Just really hope we dont concede early doors.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:35:46 »

My bad feelings have started to dissapear! Although I think I damaged my vocal cords from Screaming on Friday night - just screaming and screaming like a 5 year old child! Sorry Berniman!! My voice is now croaky with random highness!!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:48:39 »

dave in pessimistic shock!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:51:03 »

I'm listening to Toto to get me in the mood.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:51:44 »

Calm down Dorothy.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 09:52:18 »

Similar collections of 80s classics here. Terrific stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: