Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 2nd leg Charlton Athletic V Swindon Town Official matchday thread  (Read 65705 times)
cafc_greg

« Reply #75 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:39:24 »

Haha it is a blessing in disguise but thats what i mean, the atmosphere we created on Friday was next to nothing. In regards to the buzz on our websites.....I'm sure there are plenty of pessimistic posters on there aswell, much the same as on here. Its just nerves, in this situation you either completely believe or you dont believe at all!
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:54:35 »

Here we go again!

First goal will be crucial tonight imo. Charlton are going to come at us from the off, we need to stand firm and hit them on the counter. If we give them an early goal all the momentum goes their way and we could find it hard to recover. Equally a goal for us could really knock them sideways.

This is the play-offs though, and the 2 championship semi's have shown that 2nd legs inparticular have the potential to be very topsy turvey games. We could be in for a 7 goal thriller which I don't think would be good for the health of any of us!

Another long afternoon at work awaits, really wish I was going to the Valley but going to have to make do with shouting at a tv screen for 90 minutes instead whilst drinking like a fish to calm the nerves!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #77 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:58:31 »

Been trying to stay away from all things Swindon Town until tonight... Until now (for a brief moment).

Currently walking along Holy Island where the sun is shining. Probably hit the borders in an hour or so.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 13:01:04 »

Have good memories of the Valley. Went there for a league cup (I think) and we were something like 3-0 down and thought "What the hell am I doing here" and we turned it around after extra time. Also when Charlton were top of the league and going for a club record 13th straight victory and we were bottom, we won 1-0 and could have got odds of 11/1 for a Town victory. Hoping my good memories of the place will still be intact at 2230 tonight
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 13:02:23 »

Jimmy haha erm like Nemo says what do you expect the geezer to say? If it is anything like the Leeds game then it could have an effect on your boys but then again you have 'climbed bigger mountains this season'. I thought the atmo at the County Ground was terrific although it would be so much better if the away end did have a roof on it. I couldnt even hear our drum standing 20 yards away from it on Friday. All the songs we sang were in groups of 10 all scattered around!

you guys had a drum?!

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 13:05:09 »

Have good memories of the Valley. Went there for a league cup (I think) and we were something like 3-0 down and thought "What the hell am I doing here" and we turned it around after extra time.

We were 3-1 down from the first leg, and won 4-1 at the Valley...Fjortoft hat-trick, and an own goal by the keeper, when Joey Wingebag had a shot, hit the post and bounced in off the keeper.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:30:30 »

fucking overslept, wont et to london bridge til 5.30 now!!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:31:01 »

Shitting myself!!!!!
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:31:33 »

just checked my sky sports news app on the iphone and reading the report on there about tonight is just typical Sky bollox.

best bit is this
"Charlie Ward and Dan Austin deputised ably in the first leg and should continue if Paynter misses out."

WTF

Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:38:46 »

Feeling really sick now - the strange thing is that I think I wouldn't be bricking it about today if we hadn't won on Friday - does that make sense?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
DUNSWORTHY

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:41:53 »

we got this tonight.
Was shitting it on friday but after seeing that the are vunerable to our pace we'll do this
2-1 - Ward and Ferry
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:42:15 »

Feeling really sick now - the strange thing is that I think I wouldn't be bricking it about today if we hadn't won on Friday - does that make sense?

Yes. It's ours to lose.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:42:56 »

I am a nervous wreck...WHY couldn't Pericard's effort deflect in off the post!!!!! That would make things a hell of a lot easier! Sad

Fuck you Charlton

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
stfcinbmth

« Reply #88 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:47:40 »

I'll go 2-2 Wardy 2
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 14:50:17 »

Arrrrrgggghhhh. I was fine this morning. Now i'm a mess

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 50   Go Up