Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 2nd leg Charlton Athletic V Swindon Town Official matchday thread  (Read 66919 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 11:57:58 »

by the way, badge-kissing man was mark hanrahan! Please mock as you see fit!

No fucking way, I thought hanrahan was in his 60's...............
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 12:05:17 »

my mrs commented that the chap kissing his badge would get ribbed today

adje

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 12:42:18 »

whiskey and chorizo burger in market porter with friends- town fans singing on train on way to charlton from london bridge- watching the away end fill up-wards goal-there bloke being sent off to even things up-penalties-smoke bombs and delirium-outside the ground taunting bristol on bbc west-singing and dancing at london bridge.

i fucking love football and swindon town

you said you loved me too!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 18:28:22 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 12:50:44 »

Just got into work after sitting for hours in tailback caused by M4 closure and realised I spent longer in traffic than I did in bed last night. Don't care cos I'm still delirious from last night, but I've got my annual review in 10 minutes. Already warned my boss not to expect a coherent word out of me. It could be messy Cheesy
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 13:07:01 »

Well this is my first opportunity to comment on last night and I'd like to echo pretty much what has already been said about a truly superb night being a Town supporter. All the players rightly deserve the praise and were monsters last night. MOTM was a tossup between Smithy and JPM for me but you couldn't rule any of them out (special mention also to Cuthbert who after Greer went was never going to let anyone get past him). The support was superb all the way there (and back to Didcot taxi metropolis...bit OTT from the Old Bill regarding numbers at Didcot! We should have stayed on the train to have a sing song at Scumville)). The joy reminded me of the Leicester play off. We never gave up and the celebrations at the end will be cherished memories for years to come. But even if we hadn't made the play offs, to AF and crew, DW his backroom team and the players I cannot thank you enough for a blinding season and the sheer pleasure of having a team to follow that play quality football....it's been a long time ! It's my birthday today and It f**kin feels like it ! can't stop smiling.

..and Charlton 'where's yer cleaner gone..where's yer cleaner gone'   Woot
Barry Scott

« Reply #665 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 13:10:42 »

HAH! HAH! Mental Clap

Where's the pub?

Thought it was Staines, but a mate said it was Bedfont and i think the satnav said it was Feltham. Pub was called The Bell on The Green. I think. Fancy that though, you get off a plane at Heathrow, get to a pub and the Landlord turns out to be some Irish bloke who says JD is his nephew!

Last night was the perfect football match. It's matches like that that remind us why we love football. Every emotion gets a kicking from every angle and afterwards you've nothing left. I loved that.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 13:37:41 »

First chance to get on here since the game. Got in a 1:00 a.m. and was up at 5:45 for work- didn't get a lot of sleep cos I was sooooo psyched Cheesy

The crowd was brilliant.

The performance of the team was far from polished but I think it was all the better because of that. Every man that got on the filed played their hearts out. Smithy really pulled it out of the bag after the goal (yes he did flap and miss and yes Ferry fucked up his clearance but that's football). LJF had a mare till Greer got sent off then he pulled it out of the bag. O'Brien could have done more with the final ball but he ran his bollocks off, even after I thought he was knackered with another injury. Charlie ran himself into the ground again. Ward did the business again, right when we needed him to. Douglas was awesome. Cuthbert was not going to let anyone from Charlton have it their way. Paynter wasn't 100% but still got the best header of the game in. JP had moments where he was untouchable. Ferry took the OG on the chin like a man and then did everything he could to make amends. Manks made things steadier at the back and got the goal celebration award for the night. As for Darby. That was real cojones, stepping up for the last penalty Clap

As for the ref- a Charlton Athletic Supporters Club card carrying cunt.

Did I mention the crowd? We were difference I think. Charlton were very quiete compared to us. I still can't talk properly, my throat is killing me and my ears ares till ringing slightly.

Well done lads,

Top marks the crowd.

COYR!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 14:12:10 »

penalties on sky sports 2 now
Spencer_White

« Reply #668 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 16:09:12 »

I know its often said, but I do think our crowd made a difference, especially in the first leg.

The enthusiasm for the goals at our place was something Charlton simply couldnt match on their patch, and we gave the lads a fantastic send off after that game. There were some in the media saying 'look at those fools, they think they are at Wembley already', but youve got to show the players what it means.

Basically we wanted it more. On and off the field.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 16:17:43 »

One thing about reading this thread earlier on that struck me- even though I was there and knew the result, I felt every bit as anxious or elated elated as I did last night, depending on which bit of update I was reading. We won FFS but when I read about the two goals against, Lucas's injury, Greers sending off I was shitting myself again.

Go figure
Barry Scott

« Reply #670 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 16:23:16 »

One thing about reading this thread earlier on that struck me- even though I was there and knew the result, I felt every bit as anxious or elated elated as I did last night, depending on which bit of update I was reading. We won FFS but when I read about the two goals against, Lucas's injury, Greers sending off I was shitting myself again.

Go figure

I know where you're coming from. Reading through the thread felt like i was reliving it. It was ace. Smiley
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 16:56:28 »

hanners in his 30s!! And yes, he's been battered today...
stfcinbmth

« Reply #672 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 17:07:11 »

So proud today, what a great advert for League 1 that was. Hope everyone who went arrived back safe and sound. Not really going to say to say any more than that. Tho I did have a shit nights sleep thinking about Final tickets

adje

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 18:34:22 »

First half villains to extra time heroes!One reason we won that-massive bollocks.Everyone who had a shit first half(LJF,JPM,Smithy and Stevie fucking "D")totally and utterly redeemed themselves,most of them,ironically, after changing positions.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 19:30:19 »

Fuck, Charlton have just gone 1-0 up.

I still have a good feeling that we can win this Cheesy

(no I'm not going mad, I'm just watching it again)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: