Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 50   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 2nd leg Charlton Athletic V Swindon Town Official matchday thread  (Read 66768 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 10:50:11 »

Feeling good. Nervous, but good.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 10:51:13 »

They won't be that ineffective again, particularily at home.

I feel we will need at least a goal there.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 10:51:40 »

will you lot stop with the postive vibes ffs, I preferred to doommongers...
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 10:54:17 »

Doesn't Dave always have a bad feeling about our chances and then we win?  I can't be bothered to look through old match day threads, but I'll swear that is true.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 10:54:51 »

If we can score first we are through I think - I  would not like us to chase the game

I come from a land down-under
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 10:57:01 »

Sodje and Burton were fucked on friday. Burton with cramp and Sodje cos he was just fucked anyway.

Mancs kept Bailey quiet all night so if he does the same tonight they wont get many chances. only worry was Sam on their right wing. crafty little fucker but AO'B pace kept with him to keep him quiet.

magic8ball

« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 10:57:32 »

I'm feeling positive. I think.

We outplayed them on Friday. No two ways about it, we were the better team by a mile, and they only threatened once or twice. I know its different with them being at home, but the one thing we've done all season is step up to the plate for the big games.

As long as we play as well as we're capable of playing, we'll go through.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:00:00 »

just looking at the stats, they had 53% of possession at home tie....can expect that to be more at theirs...one would have thought they would have to turn that into a goal sooner or later...
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:00:42 »

I'm sorry magic8ball, but that is a terrible avatar.  
Better than mine though, I don't have one at all.  Sad

Guess we should just come home with no voices tonight, to prove we have done our jobs.   Same team tonight I'd go for, Pericard too dodgy as a starter, unless Billy is fit - any news on that anyone?
cafc_greg

« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:04:20 »

Magic i wouldn't agree that you were the far better side, second half I would honestly say we were the better team in terms of possession. However, we do lack that cutting edge when on the other hand you lot certainly have that in abundance. I just fear that while we could be chasing the game for long periods of the game, your very quick on the break and were vulnerable at the back, as you saw on Friday. One thing is for sure, it will not be a bore draw, this has definitely got goals in it!
Panda Paws

« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:05:18 »

on the break we're going to be lethal...

This...2-1 is the perfect lead. They need to come at us and so long as we do not concede early we'll have a great chance. We will score, as will they.

Heart says 2-2, head says 2-1 to them going to penalties, and then god only knows.
Panda Paws

« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:07:33 »

Also, they look set to move Bailey inside and bring in Reid out wide, so they've got pace and out and out wingers each side. Also, Forster or Sodje for Mooney, and Llera for Sodje so they'll line up more aggressively, interesting to see how DW sets us up.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:09:22 »

Magic i wouldn't agree that you were the far better side, second half I would honestly say we were the better team in terms of possession. However, we do lack that cutting edge when on the other hand you lot certainly have that in abundance. I just fear that while we could be chasing the game for long periods of the game, your very quick on the break and were vulnerable at the back, as you saw on Friday. One thing is for sure, it will not be a bore draw, this has definitely got goals in it!

i'll agree with you there we wasn't by far the better side. in short periods you guys really upped the pace of attack and we looked nervous. corner after corner proved that but we copped. Only real chance you guys had was baily's effort. other than that we kept you quiet.

If we can hold our nerves i think we'll shut you out again as lucas didn't really have a save to make

cafc_greg

« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:15:09 »

We did have the Burton header that he missed at the back post, similar to Pericards miss really!Yeh I agree if you park the bus and shut us out then it should be enough for you boys but a) is that the best way for you lot to approach the game? and b) this is a playoff semi final second leg, theres going to be nerves and where there are nerves there are mistakes. I can see it being a thriller but im bricking it to much to say which way it will go. Anything could happen tonight!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 17, 2010, 11:15:23 »

I think the difference between the two sides on Friday was that we created a lot more than they did. The question is can we do the same tonight away from home?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 50   Go Up
Print
Jump to: