Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43400 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 12:31:58 »

Fucking hell I'm restless. I've walked up and down the hallway about 10 times in the past half hour for no apparent reason.

Yeah bollocks to this, i was leaving (skiving off) at 3.30, but the tensions building, and i'm going to leave at 2 now. I can always get another job next week!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 12:40:45 »

Agreed-dont understand all the anti-Sheehan feeling around here.Class player.

Agreed, I think there has to be a scapegoat when things go wrong and certain individuals don't like him, and a few others just jump on the bandwagon.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 12:42:38 »

He takes a cracking free kick!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 12:45:57 »

Sheehan gets worse each game.

Missing for all 3 of Millwalls goals, all on his side. More so the first two.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 12:48:44 »

Looks like the Charlton fans are getting wet tonight. Shame.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 12:52:59 »

Talking of Sheehan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8682477.stm
Contracted Alan Sheehan, Lubo Michalik, Andy Robinson and Tresor Kandol have been told to find new clubs.

He is approximately 1 million times better than LJF at left back.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:00:19 »

Sheehan gets worse each game.

Missing for all 3 of Millwalls goals, all on his side. More so the first two.

Douglas gets caught in posession,Douglas give away needless penalty,Sheehan's fault.Lescinel had a cracker at Millwall didn't he.Silly me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:03:12 »

So fucking nervous about tonight! As long as we are still in the game for Monday, i'll be happy.

Leaving in about half an hour. COYR!!!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:05:25 »

Here's a little diversion to calm our collective nerves.  (Bear with me.)

I just went in to one of the central London branches of a well known sandwich shop to buy my lunch.  On this occasion, I chose a soup (chorizo and butterbean...highly recommended) and a pretzel, and the girl behind the counter asked me for £3.99.

I reached for my wallet and found a £5 note, and in doing so noticed that the other notes in my wallet (and there were several...I had been to the cashpoint minutes before in anticipation of my trip to Swindon later this afternoon) were all jumbled up.

And on this point, I can be quite 'OCD'.  For whatever reason, I do like to have my notes ordered in my wallet; highest denomination notes at the back, lowest at the front.  And all facing forward, with Her Maj beaming grimacing on the right.  In an instant, I resolved that this would not do and that the notes had to be rearranged in their correct and proper order.  And furthermore - and I'm sure we have all done something similar in the past - I decided that if I was able to rearrange said notes before the girl handed back my £1.01 in change, we would beat Charlton over two legs and earn ourselves a day out at Wembley.

That was it.  The thought had been thought and I was committed to a certain course of action.  I pulled out the £5 note to hand to the girl...and disaster.  I was now racing against time (she looked no slouch, I can tell you) but in pulling the £5 note out of the wallet the £20 sitting next to it (and facing the wrong way, just for good measure) came out with it and was hanging by a corner.  Luckily, it did not fall to the floor, losing me valuable fractions of a second.

Heroically, I whipped the offending note out of the wallet, deftly turned it through 180 degrees and pushed it to the back.  A further £20 note was swiftly swapped with a tenner (facing the correct way, fortuitously) and before I knew it, my change was being handed back to me.

I was utterly despondent.  Distant voices were ringing in my ears.  The Reverend William Pitt, Harold Fleming, Danny Williams, the Fridge, Jan the Man...their derision was too much to bear.  Everything was lost, and it was my fault.  I took the change, certain that I had failed in my quest.  The £20 note incident had lost me time.  The change went in to my pocket and I surveyed the wallet.  And then - slowly- my heart lifted.  Quite by chance, the notes were all there.  £20, £20, £20, £10, £5 - and all facing in.  I had done it.  Somehow, I had succeeded.  We were safe.

The moral: we're going to be OK...just.  It's going to be a close run thing, and at one point it's going to seem as if all is lost.  (We may even lose on the night this evening.)  But don't worry.  At the last minute (probably at around 9.50pm next Monday), we're going to pull this one out of the bag.  We're going to show them.

We're going to Wembley!!

Believe it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:07:03 »

Talking of Sheehan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8682477.stm
He is approximately 1 million times better than LJF at left back.

Sign him up
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:08:11 »

Im fucking shitting it.

I feel sick
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:11:11 »

Douglas gets caught in posession,Douglas give away needless penalty,Sheehan's fault.Lescinel had a cracker at Millwall didn't he.Silly me

Sheehan still no where to be seen...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:14:50 »

Dave - He's offering an outlet on the touchline for Dougie. Once Dougie loses the ball its too late to get back. Mental to blame Sheehan for that one.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:17:45 »

Here's a little diversion to calm our collective nerves.  (Bear with me.)

I was utterly despondent.  Distant voices were ringing in my ears.  The Reverend William Pitt, Harold Fleming, Danny Williams, the Fridge, Jan the Man...their derision was too much to bear.  Everything was lost, and it was my fault.  I took the change, certain that I had failed in my quest.  The £20 note incident had lost me time.  The change went in to my pocket and I surveyed the wallet.  And then - slowly- my heart lifted.  Quite by chance, the notes were all there.  £20, £20, £20, £10, £5 - and all facing in.  I had done it.  Somehow, I had succeeded.  We were safe.

Clap Brilliant Ardiles - in a spectacularly TEF, OCD "mad as a box of frogs" way.  
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 13:18:13 »

And i thought I was mental Ardiles. Fair play mate, i always do the same thing. I'm glad that story had a happy ending or you know who I was blaming.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: