Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 42427 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 13:12:51 »

I think he's a fan of the game as a whole rather than just the Premier League which, thinking about it, is a problem a lot of people have these days, not just commentators. I read somewhere that he's something to do with Corinthian Casuals? Anyway, I was impressed.

He's a Woking fan. When they were having those cup runs in the early '90's he was bigging up Woking, and got to commentate on their games for Sky.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 14:18:50 »

Yeah, that's right. I remember reading that somewhere. One of those commentators is something to do with Corinthian Casuals, I suppose it could still be him.

He usually gets right up my nose when he's commentating, but that's probably because I don't have any time for the Premier League rather than it being a problem with him.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 18:13:14 »

From The Football League Paper :

THE BEAR PIT AWAITS

The biggest surprise of this game came not in the 90 minutes but upon the arrival of the teamsheets without Billy Paynter. Think Ronaldo on the eve of the 1998 World Cup Final, only less dramatic and in suburban Wiltshire.

It was, said Charlton boss Phil Parkinson, 'a big boost', yet the main beneficiaries were not the Addicks but Paynter's stand-ins.

Pushed up top from his usual berth on the left wing, Bolton reject Danny Ward turned in a sparkling performance. Yes, he mised a sitter, but he made the first and then drilled home a fine second, as well as creating numerous chances.

And on the left, Aan O'Brien absolutely terrorised Frazer Richardson, who was named in the League One team of the year.

If anything, the absence of Paynter galvanised Swindon, whose players seemed intent on proving they are more than a one-man team.

That said, they will surely rue not taking their chances. Charlton showed admirable spirit to claw their way back and, having clung on, you can bet they won't play this badly again.

Playing with cut and dash in your own backyard is one thing. Defending a slender lead in a bear pit like the Valley is quite another.

Charlton haVe lost just three times at home this season and outplayed Norwich and Leeds there in the final month of the season. It would take a brave man to bet against them coming back.

Only a few points :

Danny Ward a reject ?
The Valley... a Bear Pit ?
Charlton 0 Norwich 1...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 18:15:38 »

I hope they do reject him!
Spencer_White

« Reply #454 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 18:21:21 »

I think Danny Ward might want to keep that and ram it down that blokes throat when he turns out to be Bolton's best player.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #455 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 18:24:38 »

Bear pit?

Primary school assembly more like.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 18:26:34 »

From The Football League Paper :

THE BEAR PIT AWAITS

[url width=87 height=128]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n280/ddillon76/bobbear.jpg[/url]
stfcinbmth

« Reply #457 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 18:28:31 »

Reject, I would suspect that he's already better than a lot of the dross Bolton have, and given his tender age will no doubt improve substantially

But then if he's that bad we'll keep him
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 18:30:43 by stfcinbmth » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #458 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 18:31:29 »

Certainly shouldn't fear the crowd, maybe the occasion. If we play with no fear we will win over two legs.

Charlton are desperately missing Shelvey and as long as we don't sit too deep, play our passing game until they go all out attack, we can do them on the counter.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 17:28:30 »

Looks like Bailey's better from 20 yards than he is from 12. 

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:51:26 »

You dug up this ancient thread just for that?

Well done sir Cheesy
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 20:52:06 »

You dug up this ancient thread just for that?

Well done sir Cheesy

Yeah, but I fucked up...should've been the away leg!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: