Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43245 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:25:40 »

please tell me you're joking right

No...did you go to Millwall...CA did the grand sum of nothing. I know he's immune to criticism and an opinion that may suggest he shouldnt be the first name on the team sheet, but I think he looks tired and has done for weeks.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:25:45 »

Leaving work shortly after 3pm to catch a lift to Swindon with Pets & others.  I hate first leg semis.  All those nerves and no closure after 90 mins.  The weekend is going to be hell.

If I don't make the 2234 train home after the game I'll be stranded overnight in Swindon.  Expect it will be rammed with Charlton fans, so may opt to sleep on the platform instead if we lose.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:27:08 »

No...did you go to Millwall...CA did the grand sum of nothing. I know he's immune to criticism and an opinion that may suggest he shouldnt be the first name on the team sheet, but I think he looks tired and has done for weeks.

no but i was at Brentford to watch Nouble do nothing at all too. CA and Paynter are our two leading scorers so would be suicidle to leave either one out tonight

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:33:04 »

Leaving work shortly after 3pm to catch a lift to Swindon with Pets & others.  I hate first leg semis.  All those nerves and no closure after 90 mins.  The weekend is going to be hell.

If I don't make the 2234 train home after the game I'll be stranded overnight in Swindon.  Expect it will be rammed with Charlton fans, so may opt to sleep on the platform instead if we lose.

How would you not make that train? Final whistle no later than 21.55 gives you 40 mins to get to the station. You must be planning on getting seriously pissed?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:36:35 »

An unfit, knackered, out of form, out of sorts Austin is still a better option than a full fit, raring to go Nouble.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:38:47 »

This is it!

The day has arrived, home shirt with me at work (can't wear football shirts at work) to change into at 6.30 pm (We are an hour ahead).

Straight to the pub for 7pm and a couple of beers to settle the nerves in time for the 8.45 kick off. Happy hour at my local 6-9 should settle the nerves nicely.

However I hate, hate watching Swindon on telly as we are usually mince (Brighton away in the play-off aside - even though it was heartbreak). Everyone in the pub knows I follow Town so its going to be an interesting evening. Think I have a few mates who are going to be Swindon fans for 2 games.

No prediction on a score, just want to still be in with a chance in the second leg. COYR!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
dell boy

« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:42:49 »

An unfit, knackered, out of form, out of sorts Austin is still a better option than a full fit, raring to go Nouble.

Very importantly, the names of Austin and Paynter on the team sheet in this division puts the shits up every team. At this time of the season its a lot about mental attitude as well. No reason to give Charlton a buzz by leaving Charlie Boy on the bench.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:49:31 »

Why is it I don't feel excitement? Just a horrid sense of dred? Oh and I keep having random dreams that we loose because I don't paint my nails a certain colour or wear certain clothes??

Sorry for being a negative Nancy just can't seem to snap out of it?  Sad
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:51:32 »

There is some truth to what you are saying about his form but I think we should start with 2 strikers who have actually scored for us.

To play "no goals" Nouble and leave Charlie on the bench would be ridiculous and a real slap in the face to the young lad and (thankfuly) it won't happen.
dell boy

« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:53:00 »

Why is it I don't feel excitement? Just a horrid sense of dred? Oh and I keep having random dreams that we loose because I don't paint my nails a certain colour or wear certain clothes??

When I click my fingers you will be positive, there done ... the first man who walks past you today you will want to make passionate love to!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:55:30 »

When I click my fingers you will be positive, there done ... the first man who walks past you today you will want to make passionate love to!

worrying as the only 3 men that can walk past me right now are all gay as geese!!
dell boy

« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:56:14 »

worrying as the only 3 men that can walk past me right now are all gay as geese!!

Remember positive thoughts, you can make them straight again.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:57:11 »

Perhaps it's a combination of us having won 1 in our last 6 and Wilson going on about us being "underdogs".

I reckon we'll beat them tonight but not sure if we'll win on aggregate.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 08:58:21 »

wish i could go tonight but am bricking it. same nerves as in 2004.
laufav

« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 09:00:38 »

Very importantly, the names of Austin and Paynter on the team sheet in this division puts the shits up every team. At this time of the season its a lot about mental attitude as well. No reason to give Charlton a buzz by leaving Charlie Boy on the bench.

Quite right. I've no doubt they'll both start anyway.

I think the consensus on who should play RB is pretty much unanimous. But I really can't see it. Darby is an adequate defender, and absolutely nothing more. Like a less experienced Jamie Vincent. His constant selection is baffling, as Wilson seems to generally favour full backs who offer an attacking threat. Perhaps we've allowed ourselves to be sucked into some arrangement forcing us to either play him or pay him, or are just pussyfooting around Liverpool for some reason. Kev is vastly superior.

JFL has blown his chance in the last 2 games. Like Morrison, he has to learn to concentrate for 90 minutes before I can take him seriously. I realise Cuthbert has cost us a couple of goals lately, but over the season he has been as safe as houses. A refreshed Cuthbert is an absolute must in the starting XI.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: