Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Milwall V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 52092 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 19:53:41 »

Is Cuthbert injured/carrying an injury? LJF has been half decent at CB but for as long as I have a dick he is not better than Cuthbert.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #466 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 19:58:30 »

It's a lottery now and there's no point looking at previous fixtures for in depth analysis and guidance. Hell, this is the system that could see Blackpool reach the Premier League.

We just have to make sure we go to The Valley with some kind of advantage.

Town probably have the smallest squad and it COULD go against us. I'm excited that we are the club that could keep mighty Charlton Athletic in L1 for another season.

Let's look forward and bring on the Addicks.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 20:15:07 »

Huddersfield have surprisingly used the least players in the league, with 24.

We've used 30.

Although from that Ritchie, Peacock, Marshall, Nouble, Smith and Morrison have played 10 times or less.

Revell, Hutchinson, Obadeyi and McNamee no longer at the club.

Ward, Sheehan, Darby, Pericard, Nouble and Austin recruited during the season
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 20:19:20 »

Better team won on the day. Douglas must be kicking himself today as there was no need to make that challenge. If only we could have held on that little bit longer I reckon we would have settled down.

Not all Millwall fans are bad. Met some real decent ones in the Pub (Barrow Boy and Banker) near Tower Bridge. They were full of praise for Town and were saying Millwall's problem is mainly down to the locals who mostly don't go to the games but hang around looking for trouble.
You could see them during the game outside on one of the corners. They were saying best getting to the ground early as the locals will wait and pick of anyone arriving late without Police protection.

Any other Club in the league would issue banning orders to some of those fans getting on the pitch however I was informed that the stewards are scared of the crowd and consequences. Only could happen at Millwall.

Impressed with the ground and policing. I guess more away fans have been made to feel safer. It's nothing compared to the Old Den.

Even their shirts have a relevant motto, "We fear no foe".....class.

Then you get all the Dell Boys giving it let em cam, let em cam, let em cam, let em cam all darn to the Den.

Still yesterday was the bonus ball and Friday is what a great season has provided.........we can beat Charlton so come on.........let em cam darn the CG and stick their jellyed eels up their arse.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 20:21:03 »

We've used 30.

Although from that Ritchie, Peacock, Marshall, Nouble, Smith and Morrison have played 10 times or less.

Revell, Hutchinson, Obadeyi and McNamee no longer at the club.

Ward, Sheehan, Darby, Pericard, Nouble and Austin recruited during the season
Nail, head, hit. We've used quite a few players but that's due to turnover rather than having a large squad. Thankfully the changes were largely for the better and they've got us where we are. As others have said, the play-offs just come down to two/three games - everything else goes out of the window. Unfortunately for us, last time that included our luck.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #470 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 20:28:33 »

Cheers. Lee Clark selected the same XI for a whe. Wilson did similar but chopped and changed his attacking options when we were drawing all those games early on.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 21:01:59 »

By the way, weve got to sort our support out if we ever want to get some decent support going in these big games.

The fast chanting seemed to come out of a group of younguns in the Town end about 3 years ago, and like a virus it spread to our away support. In big games, you have to keep going with the chanting, otherwise you just never get enough fans singing to make a difference. If people speed up the clapping it all dies out.

I dont understand why we havnt been able to sort it. Its an embaressment to the club and supporters of other clubs pick up on it.

Spencer, back in the day (when there were fences in front of the TE) a guy used to climb up there, back oto the pitch, to conduct the singing.
I very much see you in that role!
That is what required for Charlton, nothing to lose....
Spencer_White

« Reply #472 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 21:06:33 »

Huddersfield got all their targets in the summer.

Wilson has had to work on it all season.

Jimmy, a lot of us are going back in the Town End next season. Have high hopes the atmosphere can be improved.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 21:24:07 »

In other countries they have blokes with megaphones leading the singing..St Pauli have several I think..again Spencer, I can see you in that role Cool
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 21:55:31 »

I'm keen for that. I fucking hate this inability to keep rhythm and tempo. Fucking retards.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 22:00:55 »

something like this

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 22:03:07 »

something like this

Exactly like that. Quality.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 22:16:21 »

Clap Clap
Clap Clap Clap
Clap Clap Clap Clap
CLAP CLAP

Things get better but they never get good
Spud

« Reply #478 on: Sunday, May 9, 2010, 23:44:54 »

I've never been able to understand why people can't clap in a normal tempo instead of turning into a fast hand clap that kills out any sort of decent chant that gets going?!

I wish we could get an atmosphere going in the DRS but i'm sure i'm not alone in feeling like i've grown an extra set of arms whenever i start chanting?

Changes from the Millwall game should be, Cuthbert instead of Lescinal (STAY GOAL SIDE OF THE MILLWALL STRIKER!!) & Amankwaah in place of Darby.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 11:38:17 »

Better team won on the day. Douglas must be kicking himself today as there was no need to make that challenge. If only we could have held on that little bit longer I reckon we would have settled down.

Not all Millwall fans are bad. Met some real decent ones in the Pub (Barrow Boy and Banker) near Tower Bridge. They were full of praise for Town and were saying Millwall's problem is mainly down to the locals who mostly don't go to the games but hang around looking for trouble.
You could see them during the game outside on one of the corners. They were saying best getting to the ground early as the locals will wait and pick of anyone arriving late without Police protection.

Any other Club in the league would issue banning orders to some of those fans getting on the pitch however I was informed that the stewards are scared of the crowd and consequences. Only could happen at Millwall.

Impressed with the ground and policing. I guess more away fans have been made to feel safer. It's nothing compared to the Old Den.

Even their shirts have a relevant motto, "We fear no foe".....class.

Then you get all the Dell Boys giving it let em cam, let em cam, let em cam, let em cam all darn to the Den.

Still yesterday was the bonus ball and Friday is what a great season has provided.........we can beat Charlton so come on.........let em cam darn the CG and stick their jellyed eels up their arse.

Agreed..to be honest they have come along way as a club,the policing bill must be horrendous.
For me personally it was a great awayday and apart from the gay chap in the Prince Regent i didnt feel edgy at all.
Sometimes you got to give credit ware due.
As for the match Morrison was the difference on the day..that said if we hadnt given the penalty away i feel we may have gone on to win because up to then we were in control.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: