Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Redevelopment Revealed!!!!!!  (Read 33273 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 21:48:27 »

Or not, at least, until the number of Hillsborough survivors starts to dwindle...so not until most of us are old!

Take it you didn't see Chris Ashton's try vs Australia on Saturday?!  If not, force yourself to take a look.  You won't regret it.

Brilliant how he manages to wrong foot the aussie full back, even though full back stood about 20 yards back...bet he felt stupid...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 21:56:52 »

I would vote for any political party that would guarantee the introduction of safe-standing.  It works incredibly well on  the Continent yet an emotionally-charged pressure group (Hillsborough Family Support Group) can almost single-handedly stop that from ever happening.  How is that fair?  We've moved on a fair bit since the late 80s/early 90s...

They're not doing it single handedly. There are plenty still up for some fighting and trouble at football matches, which plays right in to their hands. Sure we've moved on but it still kicked off at plenty of games last season.

I'm not convinced it will even be that popular. Safe standing takes up a similar amount of space to seating so you'll most likely end up paying the same which will put a lot of people off.
glos_robin

« Reply #167 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 21:58:59 »

Is this stage 1 of the ground improvements?

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2221180,00.html
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #168 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 22:07:40 »

I may be totally wrong here but wouldn't we need the coucil to approve something like that being done on the ground? If so maybe things are moving along nicely in regards to the developement etc.
glos_robin

« Reply #169 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 22:20:50 »

I may be totally wrong here but wouldn't we need the coucil to approve something like that being done on the ground? If so maybe things are moving along nicely in regards to the developement etc.
I thought the club owns the stands (or some of them) and the council owns the land or something along those lines
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 22:46:35 »

All the work needs planning permission, so I would think the plans will go to the council over the next few months, especially if they want to start next summer.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Monday, November 15, 2010, 23:14:18 »

I'm not convinced it will even be that popular. Safe standing takes up a similar amount of space to seating so you'll most likely end up paying the same which will put a lot of people off.

I think it would be given that a significant number of fans stand all game at present despite repeated calls to sit. Nor sure price is that much if an issue as lots would go just for the atmosphere. Kinda like why i tend to go to more away games than home....
« Last Edit: Monday, November 15, 2010, 23:16:18 by thedarkprince » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 12:01:21 »

If the TE has 2 tiers, I would like for the bottom tier to be safe standing, but unless there is a major change of Government policy very quickly, it's not going to happen.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 18:48:47 »

Brucie bonus question - Does anyone know what that common/popular tune they play when the try was scored is called? I've always wondered but with the lack of words it's hard to google it! ;-)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 18:59:14 »

Tom Hark isn't it ?
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, November 16, 2010, 19:17:56 »

Tom Hark isn't it ?

3 points for that man!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print