Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New mobile phone  (Read 51510 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 18:05:55 »

No idea we picked the cheapest and there is absolutely no marks on them at all came with usb charging lead but not plug, thats all i remember.

Still a great deal  Pint

So, give no fucks
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 19:00:46 »

The new ones don't come with a plug which is ridiculous given the price
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 19:12:47 »

I'm not sure if it's just a Samsung thing that that they've stoppi giving plugs with new mobiles.

So, give no fucks
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2024, 20:08:54 »

Contract coming to an end very soon.
Anyone got any experience of Google Pixel 8? On paper seems ideal, great value but is it cheap for a reason.
Many thanks
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #229 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 09:10:36 »

I've got a pixel 6a - great phone
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 09:53:08 »

I've got a pixel 6a - great phone
Thanks.
Was looking at Xiaomi very well loaded phones but read some horror stories about unsafe personal data and online payments.
Will probably go for it (pixel8) as its a great price and has a decent spec
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #231 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 10:47:00 »

plus you're first to get android updates and it doesn't go out of support for years and years
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 10:51:43 »

Was looking at Xiaomi very well loaded phones but read some horror stories about unsafe personal data and online payments.

Not only that, though that's the most serious.

I had a complete pain with some apps and notification. I think the OS wrapper was killing background tasks in the name of battery saving (and yes I turned off all battery optimiser settings I could find).
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 11:10:12 »

plus you're first to get android updates and it doesn't go out of support for years and years

Oh right, even better.
More pros than cons then with a Google phone
Many thanks
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 11:11:47 »

I had a complete pain with some apps and notification. I think the OS wrapper was killing background tasks in the name of battery saving (and yes I turned off all battery optimiser settings I could find).
[/quote
OK experience of a Xiaomi and not very convincing.
Thank you, seems the Pixel it is then.
Thanks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 15:21:44 »

Think those issues have been solved with the new OS and confirmed update support. In the European Market Xiaomi has effectively replaced Huawei - their latest phones are using the Sony Vario Lens at 1.4f stops - the very same lens system my Huawei P30 Pro uses. Only thing that lets my P30 down now is the video but the camera and the phone overall is still very good - 5yrs after its launch.

Very surprising in a modern era to still see a phone competing with new flagships AND still receiving updates. The only issue I had for a short while was the camera going all spasmodic but that has been resolved after an update but yeah, 5yrs in and I'll actually be quite sad when it stops getting any updates and it slowly depractes.

If I were to get a new phone at present, I would opt for either a Google Pixel 7 Pro, Oppo Find X5 Pro {the X3 Pro is also very good} or the Xiaomi 14 Pro 5G

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 15:33:38 »

The only thing that lets my p30 pro down is the bloody bottom microphone is broken. Was a good phone but it is a common fault with the flex cable/main board connector.

Can only go with my own experience, Xiaomi were miles off Huawei.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 16:09:46 »

The only thing that lets my p30 pro down is the bloody bottom microphone is broken. Was a good phone but it is a common fault with the flex cable/main board connector.

Can only go with my own experience, Xiaomi were miles off Huawei.

Oh that's weird, I've not had that. Like I say just an issue with the camera app in one update.

Don't get me wrong Xiaomi were indeed miles off them but with Huawei all but gone from the UK/European/US Market, I think Xiaomi have replaced them. It would not surprise me if Huawei are working with them, especially when it comes to some of the hardware {either that or Xiaomi have taken over those deals} like Leica and Sony Vario Lens, which Xiaomi didn't use to have I believe. And the new OS is supposedly much better than the old one.

If Huawei were still bashing out P{ins number + Pro} models in the UK market and it had all the Google support then I would probably just get a P60 Pro.

The OnePlus 12 Pro is decent too, and similarly like Oppo has a similar Hasselblad lens system - not too shabby but the 12 is rather pricey at present.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 16:14:53 »

No mention of Apple or Samsung too expensive maybe🤔

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, March 21, 2024, 16:39:56 »

No mention of Apple or Samsung too expensive maybe🤔

There will be Apple and Samsung folk in here but notoriously, despite being absolute fantastic marketeers and brand loyalty forcing whores, their flagships don't tend to match up to other phones that are even a couple of generations behind them.

I found it quite funny the other day when someone stated they were buying an Apple iPhone 15 Pro with 128gb Memory and 8gb RAM, for the princely sum of c£850...

But 30s of google action and you can pick up an Oppo Find X5 Pro with 256gb Memory and  12gb RAM, for c£400.

That's just one example of course and for some, they won't see beyond brand loyalty and ''what they know'', which is fine but for many they don't realise that a ''new'' model doesn't necessarily mean better. It's something though that Apple {to their credit} have managed to convince many of their customers of for a while, whilst also ditching anything relating to interoperability - something Apple actually based it's own foundations upon years ago

Source:
The iPhone 15 launched just six months ago {Sept 2023}
The Find X5 Pro launched in March 2022

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11236&idPhone2=12557

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: