Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Some people......  (Read 6464 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 16:59:04 »

Gaining a point every match wont help us..the seasons nearly up,Leeds and Millwall along with Charlton are fucking up...unfortuanatly so are we.....its got to be said as its fact.

2 points off 2nd-three weeks to go,so if we gain a point each week we'll finish 2nd.You gotta have faith Leefer.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 16:59:17 »

..... seem to be complaining that we are not commanding an automatic promotion place. We have all but confirmed a play off place but that still isn't good enough.

Of course, Swindon Town has the right to go up over every other single team in this league, and how dare Norridge steal 1st spot from us innit.

Beejaysus.

When you get the chance of glory, especially when you are not expecting it, you then want to at least do your best. Think against Exeter we did that but came up against a good organised side.

Fine balance between hoping we give it our best shot and expecting too much.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 16:59:38 »

Look...when the team plays well they take the plaudits and rightly so but the last three matches have been poor...abit unlucky maybe but today was poor,Walsall and Exeter will both be miffed they didnt win...thats how poor.
We are still in with a shout but i feel the chance has gone...the playoffs are a lottery,we dicked Brighton both matches last time and still missed out....good effort on the pitch today,but not much else.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 17:03:24 »

Sorry BR but I don't think you can understand the sheer frustration without having watched the last two games.

Its not that we aren't challenging the top 2 that bothers me. At no point this season have I expected it or even given it  much of a second thought.

What annoys me is the fact we had the chance to swing it back in our favour by winning our games and we haven't.

When people have sat up and noticed us and when the pressure has been on us we haven't dealt well with it.

...Play Offs aren't exactly a pressure free zone.

I don't think I explained that very well...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 17:06:43 »

I think we're knackered. Wilson picks the same XI each week if possible (which is great) but sadly we cannot rely on our attacking reserves to stick it in the net (like the last P-O campaign with Fallon).

I agree with BR though as my points on the matchday thread would indicate. Southampton's late goal annoyed me a bit but I'm just glad we're in the situation we're in.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 17:08:52 »

Sorry BR but I don't think you can understand the sheer frustration without having watched the last two games.

Its not that we aren't challenging the top 2 that bothers me. At no point this season have I expected it or even given it  much of a second thought.

What annoys me is the fact we had the chance to swing it back in our favour by winning our games and we haven't.

When people have sat up and noticed us and when the pressure has been on us we haven't dealt well with it.

Come on, group hug!   Clap

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 17:10:22 »

Of course I am not there, but I have attended enough matches myself in the past to empathise with the frustration.

It is just terms such as "pathetic" on the match day thread which promoted me to start this thread.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 17:12:23 »

Danny's main job now is to get the team playing like they did in February.  To all intents and purposes we are in the playoffs.  Danny should just say, ok lads we have got where we want to be, we have three games left just relax play your normal game, and don't be shot shy.  If we don't get auto, we then should be in the groove for the play-offs.  The fans can help by saying great it's the playoffs and just enjoy the ride.  If we don't make it in the next three games, we have two more games after that to have a go.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 17:32:26 »

If we don't make it in the next three games, we have two more games after that to have a go.

I was hoping for three more games(!)...but point taken.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 18:40:32 »

We were poor today. But we still got the best result of all the teams chasing 2nd this weekend. How often do you hear it said in the last 3/4 games of the season whether in the Prem, Championship whatever "Does no-one want promotion/the title/4th place?". There's a reason for that - it's hard when the pressure's on and you've got it all to play for. That's why there's so may "shock" results at this stage of the season - Rochdale got promoted from League 2 today, but lost to the bottom side last week.

I'll take play-offs and be delighted with it but at 2 pts off 2nd and with the kind of "everyone fucks up" results you always get at this stage of the season, not given up on auto either. I'll say again what I said last week - I'd rather be a Town fan than a Leeds fan, if the season ends tomorrow. We've massively overachieved on what we expected, they've fucked up big style.

Some of the comments on the Match Day Thread are a fucking disgrace, some of you really want to have a look at yourselves.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 18:48:07 »

I think we're knackered. Wilson picks the same XI each week if possible (which is great) but sadly we cannot rely on our attacking reserves to stick it in the net (like the last P-O campaign with Fallon).

I don't think Ferry nor Ward has played this number of games in a season before, and I wouldn't be surprised they are starting to feel it.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 18:51:35 »

We were poor today. But we still got the best result of all the teams chasing 2nd this weekend. How often do you hear it said in the last 3/4 games of the season whether in the Prem, Championship whatever "Does no-one want promotion/the title/4th place?". There's a reason for that - it's hard when the pressure's on and you've got it all to play for. That's why there's so may "shock" results at this stage of the season - Rochdale got promoted from League 2 today, but lost to the bottom side last week.

I'll take play-offs and be delighted with it but at 2 pts off 2nd and with the kind of "everyone fucks up" results you always get at this stage of the season, not given up on auto either. I'll say again what I said last week - I'd rather be a Town fan than a Leeds fan, if the season ends tomorrow. We've massively overachieved on what we expected, they've fucked up big style.

Some of the comments on the Match Day Thread are a fucking disgrace, some of you really want to have a look at yourselves.

Good post, I fully agree.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Lumps

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 18:55:38 »

Walsall and Exeter will both be miffed they didnt win...thats how poor.

Go to the BBC sport web pages and take a look at the stats for the Exeter game and then come back and tell me that Exeter are pissed off they didn't win.

Their fans and their manager didn't look fucking disappointed to me at the end of the game. They set themselves up with 10 men behind the ball and defended like mad for 90 minutes, had 2 shots on target and scored from one.

They were fucking delighted they got a point. which is clearly what they had come for.

You can rewrite history however much you like but people are going to notice when you talk complete bollocks.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 18:58:59 »

thats a bloody good point and the only thing I could pick as a negative of this entire season if I had to, we don't have the strikeforce backup.

Other than that I'm loving the ride, and that cunt in the townend today was close to getting chinned by me for his negative antics. didn't hear a peep out of him when we were passing the ball around nicely, then sheehan slips or something and he's ranting like a madman

then when pericard came on I thought he was going to have a coronary the angry twat

around g54 you know who you are!
Doore

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:07:18 »

I'm not a regular any more so I don't wish to disagree with anyone who was there today, but as a general comment, there are always some fans who are unable to keep things in perspective. 

Swindon are fourth, and two points off second, with three games left.  OK, two points from three games isn't great, but who would have believed we would be in this position before the season started, or after the first game at Gillingham?

Whether or not we go up this year, I think Danny Wilson and the players have achieved an awful lot and deserve continued support and a hell of a lot of credit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: