Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin to Stoke  (Read 28444 times)
dell boy

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 07:38:13 »

I heard from a well known ex Swindon player that we are definitely signing Ferry at the end of the season and will put a huge bid for Ward. Paynter/Wilson talks are just suspended, common knowledge, Paynter will go if we dont go up. Austin is going nowhere unless we are tabled silly money.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 08:08:14 »

Paynter has had one good season - ever......i say if he dont want to stay...cash in.

Clems Army!
dell boy

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 08:08:59 »

Paynter has had one good season - ever......i say if he dont want to stay...cash in.
Out of contract, no cash in.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 08:10:23 »

Errr  yeah, i knew that!

Clems Army!
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 09:19:10 »

Think Austin going would be a big mistake- needs one full season with us-especially going to Newcastle where he would probably sit in the reserves.

I say let Paynter go-he has had 1 good season in his career, let him find out (as many other Swindon players have) that the grass is not greener on the other side.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 09:21:31 »

Paynter hasnt just had one good season though has? That's utter bollocks.

Sure, this season has been his best but he had a good season last season in Simon Cox shadow.

Even his first season for us he wasn't exactly shit.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 09:35:08 »

Paynter hasnt just had one good season though has? That's utter bollocks.

Sure, this season has been his best but he had a good season last season in Simon Cox shadow.

Even his first season for us he wasn't exactly shit.
Exactly Dave. He formed a great partnership with Coxy and a fantastic one with Austin. In the former, Coxy got more goals, in the latter Paynter's had (slightly) more. But to just look at goals scored is as I keep saying to completely underestimate the value of the partnership as a whole. Some people seem to think it's just a question of "Replace unit A with unit B and proceed as normal" which is just bollocks - it may work on Championship Manager or whatever, but it's crashingly naive to assume replacing a good partnership is that simple in real life
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 09:36:20 »

Colin Calderwood told me last night that Newcastle are gonna sign Charle Austin in the summer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1265774/Newcastle-catapult-Swindons-Charlie-Austin-Premier-League.html
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 09:39:19 »

I like to call it the Emile Heskey rule of England strike partnerships.

Two best strikers don't always equal the best partnership.

We've had two really good ones, the one thing in common is Paynter.

Plus there is a whole host of things wrong with 'letting him go' as Bart said. Was he seriously suggesting we don't even bother offering our top scorer a new contract??
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 09:49:47 »

Plus there is a whole host of things wrong with 'letting him go' as Bart said.
Well there's the fact that Bart said it, for a start Smiley
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 10:16:56 »

That's funny Charlie Austin told me we're signing Calderwood in the summer !

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 10:26:56 »

I've said it before, I want Paynter to stay.

But the fact is for a striker, he has only ever had 1 good goalscoring season.  I dont underestimate the impact he had on Cox last season, he had a good season but needed to score more goals.  But when he 1st got here I thought he was a bit lardy and disinterested at times.

We've lost Cox and Parkin who were both better than Billy. He is replaceable. I'd be more worried about losing Cuthbert or Douglas as I think we'd be hard pushed to sign players who are as good as them in league 1.

Again, I'd like him to stay though.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 10:56:49 »

if he knows whats good for him he wont go anywhere just yet
Talk Talk

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 11:08:15 »

if he knows whats good for him he wont go anywhere just yet

Swindon Advertiser

15th April 2010

Town Fan Arrested For Threats On Striker

Swindon Town supporter Chubbs was arrested yesterday afternoon for making threats against leading goalscorer Billy Paynter. Chubbs, of the local Polish Mafia, had made veiled references to Paynter leaving the club. Billy said "I had several texts and emails from this man. One alluded to a horse's head appearing in my bed if I even had the vaguest notion of talking to another club. The second suggested that I might find myself in the boot of my car if Bristol City came calling".

Chubbs was remanded in custody and will make an appearance in Swindon Magistrates Court on Friday morning to answer the charges.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 13:18:43 »

Chubbs isn't capable of the horses head being a veggy and all that!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: