Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Books Books Booksy Books  (Read 110199 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 15:18:01 »

No time for me at the moment... I'm currently reading CCNA Simplified (as fucking if) and Cisco Networking Academy CCNA 1 and 2.

These will be the only books I read for the next 2 months Sad
land_of_bo

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 15:29:15 »

Daemon by Daniel Suarez is a cracking read. Techno thriller and basically a "Matrix" of the book world. Just finished the follow up Freedom.
Doore

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 18:05:57 »

I'm current reading "Why England Lose and other curious phenomena explained" by Simon Kuper and Stefan Kuper and Stefan Szymanski.  Very good.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 18:17:12 »

Just Read:

- Fatty Batter - Michael Simpkins
- Zimmermen - Marcus Berkmann
- Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 18:27:18 »

Fatherland by Robert Harris is a good fiction book to read it's basically set in a world had Hitler won WWII.
Lumps

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 18:39:35 »

The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway

I can't categorise it; it's an SF(ish) post apocalypse / gulf war satire / martial arts action novel; but I loved it.

Incidentally he's the son of John Le Carre who I don't think has ever produced a shit book.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 19:01:47 »

Fatherland by Robert Harris is a good fiction book to read it's basically set in a world had Hitler won WWII.

I enjoyed this when I read it last year. Well worth a read.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 19:39:31 »

I'm current reading "Why England Lose and other curious phenomena explained" by Simon Kuper and Stefan Kuper and Stefan Szymanski.  Very good.

Is it? I've read what they write in 442 and a lot of it is absolute bollocks. It may be true what they say, but if they genuinly believe what they put forward is why england lose they need their heads examined

Things get better but they never get good
Doore

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 20:11:27 »

Is it? I've read what they write in 442 and a lot of it is absolute bollocks. It may be true what they say, but if they genuinly believe what they put forward is why england lose they need their heads examined

It is very interesting - that's not to say I agree with it all.  They're basic premise on the England issue is that, given all the factors considered - England don't lose that often, and certainly don't under-achieve, which is something I've believed all along. 

I'm currently reading a section about racism in football - which again is very interesting, if flawed. 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 20:13:47 »

The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway

I can't categorise it; it's an SF(ish) post apocalypse / gulf war satire / martial arts action novel; but I loved it.

Incidentally he's the son of John Le Carre who I don't think has ever produced a shit book.

I'm currently Reading le carre's 'a most wanted man'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ghost_of_noble

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 20:19:59 »

I can recommend "CLOUGHS WAR"by DON SHAW,he was the guy who organised the demonstration to get Cloughie back as manager of Derby.Another good read is "GOT TO BE THERE"by DAVE BURNLEY,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 20:22:50 »

Daemon by Daniel Suarez is a cracking read. Techno thriller and basically a "Matrix" of the book world. Just finished the follow up Freedom.
You should try some of the early Neal Stephenson if you like that kind of stuff.
ghost_of_noble

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 20:29:16 »

I can recommend "Cloughs War" by Don Shaw,he was the guy who organised the the fight to get "Cloughie"reinstated at Derby.Another good read is "Got To Be There"by Dave Burnley,the bloke from Stoke who supports Burnley[fanatically] 
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 21:49:32 »

I can recommend "CLOUGHS WAR"by DON SHAW,he was the guy who organised the demonstration to get Cloughie back as manager of Derby.Another good read is "GOT TO BE THERE"by DAVE BURNLEY,

I can recommend "Cloughs War" by Don Shaw,he was the guy who organised the the fight to get "Cloughie"reinstated at Derby.Another good read is "Got To Be There"by Dave Burnley,the bloke from Stoke who supports Burnley[fanatically] 

Have you read them both twice?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 21:54:24 »

Happily read any of his books, all good.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: