Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gus doing a good job at Brighton  (Read 2388 times)
Lumps

« on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 21:19:34 »

I hadn't realised until today how well they were doing. Our result down there looks all the more impressive now I know that the only sides they've lost to since Xmas are us, Millwall, Norwich and Villa in the cup.

If the worst happened and Danny got poached would anyone be prepared to welcome him back?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 21:25:12 »

Theres no doubting hes got his own methods...Brighton are on the up though and they have a massive fan base,personally i wouldnt want him back as i feel him and Wise really took the piss when they left.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 21:38:55 »

Just got back from the game, Brighton should have won it southampton looked proper shit. long ball merchants to fat ricky. Brighton played some good football and if they had a decent striker instead of that donkey murray they would have won. Brighton will be there or there abouts next season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 23:05:51 »

To be fair they hit some form this time last year under Slade.

A lot of people thought they would do well this season. They havent
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 23:11:21 »

It was always considered to be poyet who was the brains of the outfit whilst him and wise were here wasnt it? 

I can see how that would work if poyet is a good coach, with wise keeping everyone in line.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 23:17:06 »

That was the general opinion. Till Poyet went to Spurs with Ramos and Spurs were shite.

Guess his rep is rising again
Spencer_White

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 08:01:58 »

Brighton spent a fair bit of cash in the summer.

They are just shit on our shoe really.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 09:42:17 »

Brighton spent a fair bit of cash in the summer.

The most important point of this whole discussion. They spent a silly amount of money and on paper have one of the best sqauds in the league, but were still shit. They are now starting to show some potential and will be challenging soton, watford and whoever doesnt go up next season.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 2, 2010, 10:34:53 by Panda Paws » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 10:29:53 »

Gus is up for manager of the month for March, along with Lambert and Pardew.  Danny doesn't get a mention - didn't we beat both of those clubs and draw with Norwich?
Barry Scott

« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 10:32:45 »

I like Gus, but i fucking hate Brighton. Hopefully someone will take Gus before they have a chance to build on this season's late momentum.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 10:34:47 »

Gus is up for manager of the month for March, along with Lambert and Pardew.  Danny doesn't get a mention - didn't we beat both of those clubs and draw with Norwich?
That's great. More than happy for every other manager in the League to be awarded the curse right up until May 8th - Danny can get it in May when we sneak into 2nd on the last day
adje

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 2, 2010, 10:36:11 »

I would welcome him

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: