Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sodding PC help...  (Read 2005 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 19:14:31 »

Hi folks, i'm having a few problems with my laptop...

First of all my wireless adaptor has stopped recognising any networks whatsoever, i've done plenty of searching on the net to solve the problem but i've had no luck so far - it's a "Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter" - any ideas anyone?

Also i'm trying to do a registry fix but don't really want to pay for this, all the programs i've found that say they are free then want to charge you after the scan, anyone know a good totally free program for this, or indeed how i might go about doing it myself?

Of topic a bit, I've not posted for ages but from the alps i am very much enjoying the club at the moment, met Norwich, Leeds and Southampton fans in the last couple of weeks, been great fun...

Keep up the great support guys, wish i was there, but don't think i'll be making a single game, not even if we make the play-offs as i'm off to Magaluf for the summer almost immediately after the season ends here.

@ Boeta, read your post but never got round to repying, yeah met some of your mates - good guys.

Enjoy Leeds folks, I'll be watching on the 12th...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 19:18:30 »

Got the same adaptor and had the same problem! I just re-installed the driver and all worked fine.

http://www.atheros.cz/download.php?atheros=AR5007EG&system=1

Just choose the right one for your version of Windows.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 19:25:57 »

I've already done that, i'll try again though.  Cheers mate.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 19:50:37 »

A registry program will only clean up the registry, that is remove all the stuff in it that is no longer needed. I don't think it would help. There's a free one integrated in ccleaner though, which is free.

Do you connect via a program or do you use windows to connect directly? e.g. my wiorless adapter had a D-Link program which caused me problems. I uninstalled it but connect through windows directly and it's fine.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 14:10:24 »

Just straight from windows.  Downloaded new drivers again and still no joy - very annoying.  grrr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: