Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 51710 times)
Summer of Noughtie Nine

« Reply #510 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 06:51:13 »

Fair play to the 3 guys who flew in from New York for the game, arriving at Heathrow at 6.30am on the day of the match. At least one of em made it to the pub afterwards too.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 07:56:07 »

Don't boo your own team or management.

During or after a match. Never.

Bitch about it on forums or write an email to Danny or the board but don't boo.

Fucking pathetic.

Bollocks to that. I've booed after games before, when the team didn't show any pride or desire. The majority booed at the first game of the season after witnessing one of the most pathetic displays I've ever seen.

Booing substititions however must be puzzling to the players/manager. Who are you booing? The departing player? The player coming on? Or the manager? None of them, imo, deserved it on Saturday.

As someone else said earlier in the thread, we were losing 1-0 to the runaway league leaders. Wilson freshened it up and we drew 1-1. Pericard did cause them problems and the corner resulting in the goal was a result of a free kick won by big Vinnny. Criticising Wilson is fine; when he fucks up. Saturday wasn't one of those times.

It's All Good..............
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 07:56:16 »

Chris Lakey (local journo) has a very fair summary of the game in this morning's Easter Daily Press.  Basically he thought City should have gone on and won it, but praised Town for their efforts and declared a draw a fair result!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 08:25:36 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8560654.stm

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
laufav

« Reply #514 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 08:51:28 »

My view is that far too much is being made of the booing, by Wilson and in general. Like most people, I don't agree with it for reasons that have been discussed many times, but Wilson should appreciate that football brings out emotions and reactions in people that aren't entirely rational. I know I behave differently at football to how I carry on in 'real life.' Look at how about 75% of managers behave during/ immediately after games. Surely supporters aren't immune from this? We care too, you know.

If Wilson wants to give a match report on the crowd performance, perhaps he should take a moment to acknowledge the much improved support for players such as LJF and Smith (fully deserved on both counts, of course), and appreciate that, if Pericard had shown similar endeavour to turn things around for himself on his last performance, it might not have got to this stage in the first place. As Ben Hutchinson might testify.

Also, we had 9,000 home fans out there and it would take, what, 3-400 boos to be audible on the pitch/ dugout. Even if there were 1,000 fans dishing it out, it's still a small minority. Wilson should realise this and shrug it off rather than being so thin skinned.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 09:47:43 »

I'm still not sure how being kicked in the head when about to head the ball goalwards with head at a normal kind of height dosnt constitute a penalty

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 09:49:47 »

Sort of agree with laufav.  One of the drawbacks of bigger crowds is we end up letting more idiots in.  Can you imagine the idiot-count at the Emirates or Old Trafford?  It must be horrific.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 10:16:50 »

I'm still not sure how being kicked in the head when about to head the ball goalwards with head at a normal kind of height dosnt constitute a penalty

Ridiculous wasn't it.  It couldn't have been clearer.  Cant believe no one has mentioned it, but I have to say I like the fact we aren't whinging and moaning about it, just getting on with things.  Its an attitude that is a nice antidote to the modern petulant fall down at the breath of wind oh he's messed up my hair modern footballer.

Never knowingly overstated.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 10:45:41 »

Ridiculous wasn't it.  It couldn't have been clearer.  Cant believe no one has mentioned it, but I have to say I like the fact we aren't whinging and moaning about it, just getting on with things.  Its an attitude that is a nice antidote to the modern petulant fall down at the breath of wind oh he's messed up my hair modern footballer.

I can only assume as Douglas has scruffy hair anyway that the ref thought no-one would be bothered
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 10:55:33 »

Of all the players, I love Dougie the most. He's a different class and just gets on with things. No fuss, no bother, just bosses it. If he scored a few more he'd be the complete player, and probably playing in a higher division. I love watching him play.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 10:58:19 »

I also have a slightly worrying man-love for Douglas. Our best midfielder for so fucking long its unbelievable.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 11:37:46 »

GREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* greer!!!!!!!!!.jpg (94.72 KB, 636x458 - viewed 106 times.)

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 11:39:55 »

I mentioned it!

Not a sign of it on the Highlights!

Clems Army!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 12:05:39 »

I mentioned it!

Not a sign of it on the Highlights!
No. The highlights show a weak effort from Ward which went straight to the keeper but miss out two contentious penalty decisions. Even if the ref (somehow) thought it wasn't a foul on Douglas he should have stopped the game as it was a head injury.

Having said that, we got the equaliser in the end, and a draw was a fair result. I'd have gladly taken it before the game and I'm happy with it now. Bring on the monkey hangers.
laufav

« Reply #524 on: Monday, March 22, 2010, 12:58:22 »

I'm not bothered if they focus on actual chances rather than disputed decisions. But they should show genuine ones (ie Douglas in stoppage time, flying save from keeper) rather than half-chances such as the 2nd shot from Ward.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: