Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Johnson on his way out?  (Read 4772 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 10:10:51 »

Can anyone find odds for their next manager?

I can't.
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 10:13:43 »

The Championship has been a bit weird this season, in that a lot of clubs have been sacking managers, and replacing them with managers that arent as good as the one they just sacked.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 10:58:36 »

If there's nothing more to this than results, they're mental.

Hull must be kicking themselves that they appointed Ian the Sontaran yesterday.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 11:01:16 »

From what I read it wasn't much to do with results. Apparently he "lost the dressing room" and there was a bust up in the dug out at the weekend, between Johnson and some of the players.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 11:21:05 »

Officially gone now...by mutual consent.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 11:41:41 »

From what I read it wasn't much to do with results. Apparently he "lost the dressing room" and there was a bust up in the dug out at the weekend, between Johnson and some of the players.
There also seemed to be an element of panicking about their World Cup bid not holding much water if they were in League One and he hadn't shown sufficient concern about it, or something like that.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 12:32:56 »

Phil Brown to City?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 13:08:12 »

There also seemed to be an element of panicking about their World Cup bid not holding much water if they were in League One and he hadn't shown sufficient concern about it, or something like that.

what? the manager not concerened about being relegated?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 13:55:33 »

Officially gone now...by mutual consent.

Apparently they give him the option of resigning or being sacked. No matter how thick you are, no one is going to resign and get fuck all when the other option is being sacked and having your contract paid up. I wonder how much they ending giving him so he could leave by mutual consent?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 14:00:53 »

shittys loss.very good manager and another club will snap him up i'm sure.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 14:05:03 »

what? the manager not concerened about being relegated?
No, about the impact on the World Cup bid. Not wholly sure what that was about myself tbh, got a half-garbled explanation from the resident armchair SlaveTrader at work, but allegedly it wasn't the threat of relegation per se that pushed the board over the edge, so much as the impact on the WC bid.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 14:08:45 »

Am I being thick here, or how the fuck is anyone going to know what division they are in in 2018? and I dont see how that would have a detrimental effect on a world cup bid either, either the stadiums up to scratch or its not. Shitty could be (and hopefully are) in the conference by then
Barry Scott

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 14:17:10 »

Such a shame, i'd been really looking forward to watching a big club playing Premiership football again (Since Reading were relegated) and now i might have to wait even longer for a sleeping giant to wake up again. Oh well, looks like i've got a few more seasons watching fucking Swindon.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 14:22:34 »

Am I being thick here, or how the fuck is anyone going to know what division they are in in 2018? and I dont see how that would have a detrimental effect on a world cup bid either, either the stadiums up to scratch or its not. Shitty could be (and hopefully are) in the conference by then
You're right, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Which I guess makes it all the more likely it would be precisely the reasoning behind their board's decision.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 14:40:05 »

I've always found Johnson smug and a big fan of his own voice.

Despite his decent achievements (2nd in League One and Play-Off losers) he's never seriously been linked to a move elsewhere which, considering how amazing we were all informed he was, is quite surprising.

My guess is that they'll appoint a reasonably high profile name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: