Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Saints V's Swindon Matchday thread.  (Read 55649 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 22:02:37 »

Greaves was a master of it.

Don wasn't too bad in one on ones with the keeper and passing it around. Crikey, if Jimmy Greaves was playing the moden game what would his value be compared with some of the millions spent on strikers who are poor finishers.

What's a real shame is that quite often the football media when talking about striker records only go back to 1992 and the start of the Premier League. Greaves and Brian Clough, the player, had fantastic goals to game ratios. Mike Ingham on 5 Live a few weeks ago did make the comment that Greaves was the greatest finisher he'd ever seen.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 23:09:26 »

Tuesday was the first away game I have been to on my own, those who were going to come down just couldn't make it. Lucky mascot or billy no mates, I'll let the TEF decide  Smiley
One F In Fitton

« Reply #587 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 00:31:32 »

Greaves and Brian Clough, the player, had fantastic goals to game ratios. Mike Ingham on 5 Live a few weeks ago did make the comment that Greaves was the greatest finisher he'd ever seen.

Both fucking champion drinkers too - imagine a night in the pub with these two. If the landlord would've refused a lock-in then he would've just been tied up & gagged until we were done. The cunt.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: