Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Saints V's Swindon Matchday thread.  (Read 56203 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:31:10 »

Never before have 14 players put their bodies on the line as they did last night
Totally agree. I was thinking this morning that I've never seen a Town side who wanted to win as much as those lads did last night. Just look at their reaction to the goal and at the final whistle and it tells you all you need to know.

A particular mention to JPM, who at one point made a challenge, chased the loose ball down, got crashed into by a Saints player, got up and then threw himself in the way of a clearance.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #541 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:40:04 »

Never before have 14 players put their bodies on the line as they did last night.All players outstanding-no passengers.What an atmosphere!Nice ground-shit fans!

Reminds me of a well known Chruchill quote
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:40:45 »

Reminds me of a well known Chruchill quote

From the insurance ads ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:45:53 »

Oh yes.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 13:52:56 »

Seems that there was some trouble before the match.....

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/5065565.Fans_arrested_before_Saints_match/#

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
adje

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 15:50:26 »

Wouldn't get that sort of effort from McNamee would you adje?

I thought you weren't going to talk about McNamee any more Dave Naughty

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #546 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:00:37 »

Tosser, this bloke needs bombarding! TEF Pressure Group?

It is livening up a bit on that blog now. Swindon aren't the only set of fans to react.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:08:17 »

It is livening up a bit on that blog now. Swindon aren't the only set of fans to react.

Link ?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:09:55 »

Link ?

Page 33  (gk nash post)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:22:14 »

Link ?

http://dirtyleedscom.blogspot.com/2010/03/saints-latest-victims-of-leeds-united.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Dirtyleedscom%2Fblog+%28DirtyLeeds.com%2FBlog%29
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 16:36:17 »

Last night was one of the best away games with Town i have ever been to. I'm still buzzing!

We were absolutley amazing, every single one off them gave everythinhg for the team, we've missed commintment like that for years. Our fans were brilliant, Saints were shit (nice ground tho')

Gutted about Cuthbert, and those fuckwit saints fans who layed into Scotty when he was clearly seriously injured. Lecs did brilliantly when he came on, best game he has played for us ever. I am still in awe at how well Austin finishes, his goal last night was sensational.

What a fucking game, what a fucking result, so proud to be a town fan!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #551 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 17:34:35 »

I wasn't at Peterborough a year or so ago but I've heard and read a lot of comments praising Lecs for his performance at centre back that day. I did however see his performance last night, and taking all this into account I now feel less gutted about Cuthburt's injury. Don't get me wrong, I'm gutted for Scotty as he's been consistently superb for us, but at least we don't have to panic. I feel that Lecs will even provide us with added pace & aerial power.

Anyone who has a keen eye similar to mine will have noticed that last night's ref has a thalidomide disability in one arm (or as we used to say at school, "He is a flid."). It would have been good if he'd tried to grab his red card with this arm then we might have still had Ferry available for Saturday (I'm sure he has the personality to join in with piss-taking).
Barry Scott

« Reply #552 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 17:55:13 »

When Austin came to us I thought he looked a bit Chalkie White, but as games have gone on he's much better than that.  He's really improved with the ball outside of the box and he's deadly as fuck inside it.

I thought initially he reminded me of Sheringham, then Dave said Robbie Fowler, which seemed on the money. With his new nasty streak and increased strength he's now starting to remind me of Shearer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 17:57:36 »

Shearer scored alot of headers, free kicks and some long range stunners.

I cant see Austin getting many long rangers.

I still say Robbie Fowler.

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 17:58:50 »

parkin
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: