Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Saints V's Swindon Matchday thread.  (Read 56151 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 09:55:54 »

Well yesterday was my first time I have seen the Town this year and was very impressed.

Smith - Outstanding, some great saves second half and only minus points were some slightly didgy punching in the 1st half, otherwise did everything he had to do....awesome and a contender for MOM 9/10.

Darby - Did well against their wide man who rarely got past him and he matched for pace most of the game, good defending but not so good when he crossed the half way line, could go on to be a star at Liverpool -7/10.

Sheehan - Steady and did everything he had to, didn't get forward as much as he can and didnt get any chances for a cracking free kick, solid 7/10.

Cuthbert - Looked totally solid and had Barnard in his pocket all the time he was on the pitch, why the fuck Saints fans booed him when he was obviously very badly hurt is beyond me, deserved his standing ovation as he left the field 7/10.

Greer - Awesome and a born leader, Lambert hardly had a kick in the box and only had the one chance from outside the box when he hit the bar, fantastic 8/10.

Douglas - The man is a legend and ran the midfield from very deep was my MOM did everything perfectly steady as a rock, good advantage from the ref on the foul on him in the centre circle that led to our goal 10/10.

Ferry - Ran around and tackled well, made some great through balls, generally was well up for it, deserved his second booking but didn't deserve the first IMO, would have scored an 8/10 if he hadn't been sent off 7/10.

McGovern - mmmm not his best game, 1st half was a passenger and second he got stuck in more and had a few good through balls and wild tackles! probably just about earned a 7/10.

Marshall - Looked eager and handy with the ball at his feet, some poor crossing and some woeful tackling on him from the Saints fullback, who bundled him into touch at every opportunity 6.5/10.

Ward - This guy is awesome, great when running at players and turning them inside out, good feet and quick with a good finish, shame he didn't shoot a little more when he could have, looks to be a star in the making 8/10.

Austin - 1st time I have seen him in the flesh, hes got great feet and a good footballing brain, lacking some fitness (he was dead on his feet for the last 20 mins) took on and beat his marker so many times, took his goal like a seasoned professional, the way he rounded the keeper was brilliant, was surprised he wasnt taken off late on instead of Ward as Ward still had energy but Charlie was spent 9/10.

LFJ - Came on for Cuthbert and was fantastic, did everything needed, great tackles, great heading, great blocking, ran Douglas close for MOM 9/10.

Ritchie - Ran around a lot, got down the line a couple of times but not enough time to make a difference 6/10.

Timlin - I personally thought that we could have done with Eastons energy but I am not the manager....hardly kicked the ball when he came on...but wasnt on long anyway 6/10.

Overall...totally chuffed to be a Swindon fan last night, a good turnout and some great backing by the Town fans who totally outsang a poor home support, pathetic home support, leaving with 5 minutes left...fucking rubbish, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Still in awe of Austin's coolness in taking his goal...fantastic night.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:07:52 »

Can i just say last night was such a fucking buzz, Im 38 years old, i remember macari ardiles hoddle era, there is a determination and feel about our current squad that i havent felt since those days. Even the andy king play off team didnt have this buzz.

I am fucking loving this season. bring on the turkey fuckers.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:07:55 »

I thought McGovern was better than a 7, he ran all night long and broke up their play fantastically, he just didn't link up on the wings as well as he normally does, but had some nice plays with Marshall and and Austin and was a big part of our energy at the start of the second half.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:16:01 »

Still in awe of Austin's coolness in taking his goal...fantastic night.

We did say he was quite good Cheesy Wink
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:17:27 »

One of the best moments last night, was when those Saints fans in the main stand,who had been
giving it the big one all night,walked out early!

We all sang and waved at them like there's no tomorrow.  Grin

Great acoustics at St Mary's.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:20:36 »

We did say he was quite good Cheesy Wink
i still don't rate him... he scores goals but what else does he bring to the team?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:22:51 »

Oh my lord I'm cream crackered.

Just how good will Austin be after a full pre season training at professional levels?

Thought that was a classic away team performance.  Soaked up what they had to offer, had a period where they ran out of ideas and we looked like a hot knife going through butter, got the goal then parked a bus in front of the goal called Jean-Francois.  I love him, he's clearly not all there, but he's fun to watch, even if it sometimes is for the wrong reasons.  He was solid as a rock last night.

Either I was too drunk or there seemed a distinct lack of toilet facilities in our section of the ground, in fact I was dissapointed as it seemed rather lacking full stop for something that should be a top of the range modern stadium.

I ended up laid out on my back when Austin hit the back of the net, cracking times.  Another performance like that against Norwich and the Leeds game becomes very interesting.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:23:38 »

i still don't rate him... he scores goals but what else does he bring to the team?

Never gives the opposition defence an easy time,chases everything down,good movement
accross the back 4,team player and always makes himself available.

He is the business.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:25:12 »

When Austin came to us I thought he looked a bit Chalkie White, but as games have gone on he's much better than that.  He's really improved with the ball outside of the box and he's deadly as fuck inside it.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:25:35 »

i think there was a hint of irony in mr youths post Smiley
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:28:02 »

i think there was a hint of irony in mr youths post Smiley

I know,but i couldn't resist the opportunity  Wink

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 10:52:21 »

Just drawn a Star of David and put it on my Southampton-supporting mate's desk. So he can find out what 6 points looks like Cheesy

(and yes, I AM that childish)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 11:40:29 »

Some comments from Saints fans -

Fair play to Swindon.. they've done the double over us this season, and seem to be much better organised than most.

Fair play to Swindon, they did their homework and totally nullified us tonight, easily the best team to come to SMS this season. We created plenty of half chances and Lambert hit the bar from long range but we never really looked like scoring. Swindon were very well organised and marked Puncheon out of the game, leaving Lambert and Barnard to feed off scraps. Very frustrating but the run of wins had to come to an end at some point. Hey ho there's always next season.

I cant add anything further to what Wayne said. No complaints from me, the best team won tonight

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:25:17 »

Never before have 14 players put their bodies on the line as they did last night.All players outstanding-no passengers.What an atmosphere!Nice ground-shit fans!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 12:29:28 »

Wouldn't get that sort of effort from McNamee would you adje?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40   Go Up
Print
Jump to: