Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brighton V Swindon town Official matchday thread  (Read 44432 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 02:08:17 »

Right im off to bed.....ported out.

Just like to say that it was nice to see Marshall get MOM at a ground where he probably played his worst game in a Town shirt....  The JPT defeat a couple of Seasons ago.

Clems Army!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #481 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 05:58:51 »

I love this post-match analysis
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 10:32:21 »

Swindon site says three hundred odd Town fans whereas the Brighton site says 450 odd. Which is correct?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TownLoyal

« Reply #483 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 10:40:03 »

Radio said 434? No idea if its correct though!
Spencer_White

« Reply #484 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 10:51:58 »

Back to Brighton, I've got a cousin living there, & him & his mates all say that Swindon fans have given them the most abuse about being a bunch of brown-hatters, and they can't understand why. I was quite proud of this when they started bleating on about it. FUCK OFF YOU CRAFTY BUTCHERS, THANKS FOR THE 6 POINTS.

Because were a bunch of backward farmer boys.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 11:17:02 »

Anyone else see the report and ratings in the league paper? Clearly written by a Brighton fan, all ours rated at 4's 5's and 6's and the bulk of theirs 7's. Only real mention of us was the goal. Which was undeserved according to the dickhead that wrote it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #486 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 11:17:32 »

Radio said 434? No idea if its correct though!

I am sure they said 464 but anyway it was still about 4 and a half hundred.

Not a bad turn out considering, what with such a crap view as well.

Hopefully we will have nearer 1,000 Tuesday at Southampton.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spencer_White

« Reply #487 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 11:18:50 »

That view is worth no more than a tenner.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 13:02:13 »

Anyone else see the report and ratings in the league paper? Clearly written by a Brighton fan, all ours rated at 4's 5's and 6's and the bulk of theirs 7's. Only real mention of us was the goal. Which was undeserved according to the dickhead that wrote it.

Who gives a fuck? Final score was Brighton and Bumhole Albion 0-1 Swindon Town. That's all I care about.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 13:57:29 »

surprised to hear marshall played so well. i spent the afternoon in the ashmolean museum in o*ford so didn't see the score until full-time, was shocked and alarmed at seeing three first-half substitutes.

saw the goal last night, another typical austin goal. he has a instinct for scoring goals, plain and simple.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 14:10:47 »

Here they come. The Mark Marshall lovers will come crawling out from under the skirting with comments like this. Bless them Smiley

I've always said it about Marshall. When he first came here he looked like he had potential but he was way out of his depth, looked like a school kid going up against men in his first game. You could see an improvement in his last few appearances but he still didn't look anywhere near good enough and was well on his way to being released. He always seemed pretty lightweight before, not sure if he has put on some weight or beefed up a bit but against Brighton he didn't look anything like the player I'd seen before.

Having said that I'm not sure I'd pay any attention to my comments on the game yesterday. I didn't realise until I got home that Ward had been substituted, luckily I found out before I said he was anonymous in the second half. Not sure why I didn't realise as I saw Easton but it still didn't click. In my defence, the view really was bad.

Am I right in thinking Marshall's contract is up in the summer? Sounds like Wilson rates him, guess we'll have to wait and see how highly and whether he gives him a new contract.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 14:26:19 »

Can I just state and you can trawl past threads, I as in the King of Tonga have always, always, been a big fan of Mark Marshall. I think you will find that pretty much me and luci were the only ones that always spoke up for him.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 14:33:00 »

This coaching video just goes to show that unexpected injuries can occur any time in a game. I am sure Wilson and Shirtlif have alerted the players to the possibility of this type of injury.

One F In Fitton

« Reply #493 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 16:08:05 »

Ha I remember that ad. The bloke that gets it in the fruit-bowl is Stewpot from Grange Hill. Think he was in the next group after Tucker & Trisha's mob. Still does ads nowadays I think, he's a baldy but still looks quite young.

Anyone that went to Hereford on the Friday night that Ifil scored THAT screamer will remember how awesome Marshall looked when he came on (they must've remembered that when they took him on loan), he was truly on fire. I think I'd put it down to being a flash in the pan til yesterday, though it was also at the back of my mind that DW was keeping him round about the 1st team for a reason, and his judgement hasn't let us down so far has it.

I thought 350-odd didn't sound enough - we'd take that if we were struggling. All the comments about the view, that's why I stayed away & chose MK & Stains instead. Been to Withdean a few times & it wasn't too bad at the other end but the current away bit is a piss-take. I'll wait until they've built the other 3 stands at Falmer.

Sussex

« Reply #494 on: Sunday, March 14, 2010, 21:55:45 »

[url width=300 height=201]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/sussex_red/ca.jpg[/url]

Think that wraps up the thread nicely.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: