Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Win7 Select internet browser  (Read 2097 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:48:35 »

just had this pop up and it showed me some decent explorers but i've tried Safari and have to say it's mint. loving the top sites page. dead easy to access everything.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:50:26 »

I saw that this was going to happen on the News and just presumed everyone would click ignore.

I'm glad someone didn't. I use Firefox at the moment, considering trying something new as it's been a bit prone to crashing recently where it wouldn't before.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:53:27 »

yeah it came as an optional download on the updates page.
lets you choose from a wide selection of browsers but chose safari after using it on the iphone.

seems very stable and very very quick so far

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 10:14:09 »

It's on every version of windows from XP upwards if you have been updating your software.

I'm currently using Opera. Been a bit hit and miss but Firefox seems too bulky these days - I actually prefer IE to Firefox now Shocked
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 10:57:32 »

i've always used IE over Firefox as for me it's felt slugish and needs to lose a few pounds.
As for Safari i think it's ace. As mentioned before the top sites page is quality.
One click and your page is loaded without having to scroll throught your favourites or drop down bar.

Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 13:42:43 »

Yeah FF is bloated and slow these days, but i still couldn't live without all my addons, and i suspect that's why it's slow. It's even been giving me the Catherine Wheel of Armageddon recently, which i hate more than the Windows egg timer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: